• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I will post it again, for anyone who hasn't seen it

HTML:
Vote for next Grass Pokemon of the Week
My Vote:

Parasect
047.gif

Breloom
286.gif

Vileplume
045f.gif

Lilligant
549.gif

Tier: RU
Smogon Recommended Set: Chlorophyll @ Life Orb
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Rock/Hidden Power Fire
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Why we recognize this Pokemon: Lilligant is a very special Grass Pokemon, and comes equipped with a select movepool that has the potential to easily sweep any team. Sleep Powder is useful for putting you opponent to sleep to give you time to set up. Set up with Quiver Dance, which will not only make your Lilligant fast and powerful, but more bulky with an extra boost in Special Defense. Giga Drain is Lilligant's most reliable STAB move and it is Lilligants main means of recovery. Hidden Power Fire allows you to take out Ice, Bug, and opposing Grass types, while Hidden Power Rock is another great option, that can take out Fire, Ice, Bug, and Flying types, covering four of it's five weaknesses. All in all, Lilligant thrives off of this set, as it takes advantage of it's good special attack, decent speed, which is boosted in the sun with Chlorophyll, and manageable defenses.

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
My Vote: Breloom

Hey guys, life kinda has me busy so I apologize for my absence. It is really nice to see the group still up and running (Good job Yveltal96!).

Anyway I was curious are you hoping for a lot of Grass/Fairy Pokemon or would you prefer Grass Pokemon learning Fairy-type moves? Personally, I would prefer the former because I always kinda saw Grass-types as the closest thing to fairies in Pokemon, so it only seems natural for Grass and Fairy to have to have a somewhat symbiotic relationship.

Yveltal96

A little more human
My Vote: Breloom

Hey guys, life kinda has me busy so I apologize for my absence. It is really nice to see the group still up and running (Good job Yveltal96!).

Anyway I was curious are you hoping for a lot of Grass/Fairy Pokemon or would you prefer Grass Pokemon learning Fairy-type moves? Personally, I would prefer the former because I always kinda saw Grass-types as the closest thing to fairies in Pokemon, so it only seems natural for Grass and Fairy to have to have a somewhat symbiotic relationship.

Thanks ^_^
Honestly, either would be great with me! What I think would be kinda cool is for Whimsicott to gain Fairy and get some new fairy support moves!
Or just a completely new Grass/Fairy. Personally, I think Flabebe should become a Grass/Fairy

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
My Vote: Breloom the Subpuncher

Ok, had to. But yeah, that's my vote.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Tally so far
Parasect: 2
Breloom: 3
Vileplume: 0

poor Vileplume. I vote Parasect to try and make this an actual competition lol

Last edited:

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
Thanks ^_^
Honestly, either would be great with me! What I think would be kinda cool is for Whimsicott to gain Fairy and get some new fairy support moves!
Or just a completely new Grass/Fairy. Personally, I think Flabebe should become a Grass/Fairy

I love whimsicott, and I am also hoping it will gain the Fairy-type too.
When I first saw Flabebe I truly did believe it was Grass/Fairy (Why GF?). Plus I know I shouldn't be trying to rationalize Pokemon, but how can the flower of flabebe survive so long without dessicating?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
awww come on guys why so ou all the time >.<

My Vote: Vileplume

sorry i have to pick vileplume she is awesome pokemon and one of erika teammates ;)

Yveltal96

A little more human
awww come on guys why so ou all the time >.<

sorry i have to pick vileplume she is awesome pokemon and one of erika teammates ;)

Lol that's why I chose Parasect :p
But, I wanted to make some sort of competition haha.
I do love Vileplume though ^_^ It was my first Grass Type (I didn't get Venusaur until two years ago)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
My Vote: Treecko!

My favorite starter from the Hoenn region, and one of my favorite grass starters!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
erm that isn't one of the candidates >.<
look at the OP

Wow that was a fail on my part sorry about that. Haven't really been on here lately I gotta start reading stuff more.

I'll re-do this again

I have a lot of favorite grass pokes, and Vileplume is one of them. Plus, when I was a kid I kinda had a thing for Erika....Go ahead guy's make fun of me.

She was one of my favorite Gym Leaders in Kanto....

Yveltal96

A little more human
Nah no problem man we all have those ^_^ mine was Gardenia
I'll change my vote from Parasect to Vileplume. Let's make this a competition

Tally so far
Parasect: 1
Vileplume: 3

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Nah no problem man we all have those ^_^ mine was Gardenia
I'll change my vote from Parasect to Vileplume. Let's make this a competition

Tally so far
Vileplume: 3

lol seems like i started a trend here with vileplume come lets do it...its dw ability is great for competitive play ;)

xerneas96

RES Lover
He got me through a lot of tight spots in blue version especially against blastoise

Yveltal96

A little more human
Tally
Vileplume: 4

The winner of this weeks Grass Pokemon of the Week is Vileplume!
Also, semifinals need to be finished soon. The tournament ends on the 29th.

Oh and another thing, if anyone is having problems with their userbars, SM had problems with Photobucket, but I rehosted all the images, so please check out the OP to use the new URLs

Vileplume
045.gif

Tier: NU
Smogon Recommended Set: Effect Spore @ Black Sludge
-Aromatherapy
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Moonlight/Sleep Powder
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA

Why we recognize this Pokemon: Due to Vileplume's pitiful speed, it was never able to make use of it's ability Chlorophyll. But, in generation V it was blessed with Effect Spore. Because Vileplume has good bulk, it is able to take some physical hits and spread status conditions to your enemies. Vileplume is a fantastic Cleric because of it's movepool, and makes use of moves like Aromatherapy and Moonlight. Giga Drain is going to be Vileplumes focus as a STAB move and will be it's main means of recovery, while Sludge Bomb gives Vileplume more neutral STAB coverage. All in all, this shroom mon can be difficult to deal with, especially if your team isn't expecting a stalling Vileplume.

xerneas96

RES Lover
Tally
Vileplume: 4

The winner of this weeks Grass Pokemon of the Week is Vileplume!
Also, semifinals need to be finished soon. The tournament ends on the 29th.

Oh and another thing, if anyone is having problems with their userbars, SM had problems with Photobucket, but I rehosted all the images, so please check out the OP to use the new URLs

Vileplume
045.gif

Tier: NU
Smogon Recommended Set: Effect Spore @ Black Sludge
-Aromatherapy
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Moonlight/Sleep Powder
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA

Why we recognize this Pokemon: Due to Vileplume's pitiful speed, it was never able to make use of it's ability Chlorophyll. But, in generation V it was blessed with Effect Spore. Because Vileplume has good bulk, it is able to take some physical hits and spread status conditions to your enemies. Vileplume is a fantastic Cleric because of it's movepool, and makes use of moves like Aromatherapy and Moonlight. Giga Drain is going to be Vileplumes focus as a STAB move and will be it's main means of recovery, while Sludge Bomb gives Vileplume more neutral STAB coverage. All in all, this shroom mon can be difficult to deal with, especially if your team isn't expecting a stalling Vileplume.

For the win! This was pretty much my set in blue version except for aromatherapy which I used solarbeam instead just for the fun of it. I hate how useful pokemon like him become quickly underated and just not thought of anymore.
Also when is the next tournament? Or is this one still on?

Yveltal96

A little more human
For the win! This was pretty much my set in blue version except for aromatherapy which I used solarbeam instead just for the fun of it. I hate how useful pokemon like him become quickly underated and just not thought of anymore.
Also when is the next tournament? Or is this one still on?

This one is still on. Unfortunately eev hasn't been able to battle. I might have to extend the current date of the 29th.
I love this set for Vileplume. I use it all the time on my PS team quite frequently. It is my trolling team :p

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
Grass types!! <3<3<3
Username: Janice Quatlane.
Favourite thing about grass types: They're nature-y and green, and really useful in battle... Oh! I don't know how to explain... I just like them. ^-^
PO, PS, or WiFi?: WiFi?
PO, PS or WiFi name and FC: Awen and 2151 6975 4279

Yveltal96

A little more human
Grass types!! <3<3<3
Favourite thing about grass types: They're nature-y and green, and really useful in battle... Oh! I don't know how to explain... I just like them. ^-^

You are accepted! Once I'm home (in7-8 hours) ill add you to the OP

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Grass types!! <3<3<3

welcome to the club janice :) and also guys i really really think xernas will be part grass? what you guys think about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.