• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Lets start a discussion

Which of the grass starters do you like the best?

For me it'd have to be Gen 1

Oh gosh, that's hard. I like Chikorita's family the best, but I really like how the Bulbasaur family's shinnies look as well. I guess my least favorite is probably Turtwig (I hate his evolutions), second would be between Treecko, Snivy, and Bulbasaur, and favorite would be Chikorita. Also, just based on the design, Chespin would probably be between third and second.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Hmm... Chespin is sorta cool...

Yeah, Treecko for me, because Grovyle and Sceptile rock, and I like Chikorita, but none of the other PKMN in the family.

Gen 3, then.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Hmm... Chespin is sorta cool...

Yeah, Treecko for me, because Grovyle and Sceptile rock, and I like Chikorita, but none of the other PKMN in the family.

Gen 3, then.

Gen 3 ain't ,y favorite gen for grass types.
I find Treecko good, but not as good as Chikorita.

Which of the grass starters do you like the best?
Well for me, that is an incredibly easy question to answer :D.
I just have to say gen 4 as it introduced my favorite Pokemon, Turtwig.
I like gens 1 and 3 as well. Sceptile and venusaur are both good in their own respects.
Edit: Why so much Turtwig hate?

Last edited:

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Oh gosh, that's hard. I like Chikorita's family the best, but I really like how the Bulbasaur family's shinnies look as well. I guess my least favorite is probably Turtwig (I hate his evolutions), second would be between Treecko, Snivy, and Bulbasaur, and favorite would be Chikorita. Also, just based on the design, Chespin would probably be between third and second.

Yea I didnt like a turtle with a grass shell

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Torterra: The Continent Pokémon
...well, it's already ripping off another pokemon. Not to mention.....all it is is a moving tree.
Though my favorite by far is bulbasaur.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Good to be back dumb rules sometimes
thanks for keeping the club active guys. it's great to see our members are loyal ^_^
My two favorite starter lines are turtwig (luvvvvvv the turtle with the grass shell :3) and I also love the snivy line.
Soon I am going to be starting a solo in my LeafGreen with Venusaur. A solo is when you only use your starter in battles, so it's like using your one true partner, and everyone else is HM slaves.
I have done this before with charizard (pain especially with the first two gyms) but it shouldn't be too difficult with Venusaur. Just gotta teach a lot of coverage moves, and sleep powder, poison powder, and stun spore are going to be some main tools. I might later do the same thing in my platinum with Torterra.

blackterminator3

Sadly but I have news. Billy has been banned til the 30th.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3

Yveltal96

A little more human
Forgive me if you are, but I am not entirely positive that you are a member, and you have to be one to post.

Update:
I just recently started my solo with my Bulbasaur in LeafGreen.
His nickname is Amaryllis, and we are starting towards Viridian Forest, and he is level 9

xerneas96

RES Lover
Good to be back dumb rules sometimes
thanks for keeping the club active guys. it's great to see our members are loyal ^_^
My two favorite starter lines are turtwig (luvvvvvv the turtle with the grass shell :3) and I also love the snivy line.
Soon I am going to be starting a solo in my LeafGreen with Venusaur. A solo is when you only use your starter in battles, so it's like using your one true partner, and everyone else is HM slaves.
I have done this before with charizard (pain especially with the first two gyms) but it shouldn't be too difficult with Venusaur. Just gotta teach a lot of coverage moves, and sleep powder, poison powder, and stun spore are going to be some main tools. I might later do the same thing in my platinum with Torterra.

It's really hard to do solos in 4th gen. I tried doing it with infernape and empoleon but I ended up also using lucario and staraptor
EDIT: I did one with sceptile in emerald, it was really fun and fairly easy

Yveltal96

A little more human
Yeah and another update. I just beat Misty and am on my way to Vermilion City. I am going against a bug catcher atm and Amaryllis (Ivysaur) is level 29. I plan on evolving him before the gym.
Thank god for his secondary poison typing. It making going against bugs and poison types sooooo much easier. My HM slaves so far are Zubat, Pikachu, Spearow, and Sandshrew (not saying nicknames, because two of which are inappropriate).

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Oh, I'm sorry everyone! I didn't know you had to be a member to post on this thread! :/ Thanks for notifying me about that Yveltal96. :) Now could someone please tell me how I can become a member on here (or if I am allowed to at all?) XD Thanks. :3

Yveltal96

A little more human
Oh, I'm sorry everyone! I didn't know you had to be a member to post on this thread! :/ Thanks for notifying me about that Yveltal96. :) Now could someone please tell me how I can become a member on here (or if I am allowed to at all?) XD Thanks. :3

no problem at all.
check the first post of the thread, and look for the member sign up form ^_^
make sure to read the rules first though!

Venusaur Solo Update:
I recently evolved my Amaryllis into a Venusaur and is level 34
I just beat Vermilion City Gym and just went through the Diglett Tunnel

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Oh ok, I will now! Thank you! :)

EDIT: Here it is! Please tell me if I did this right...thanks! XD

Cassafrass1999:
I love their awesome moves (such as Leaf Blade, my personal favorite so far), and their awesome looks (especially Snivy and all of its evolutions, as they are my favorite Pokémon!) I know some people think grass types aren't good for their many weaknesses, but I think it IS good (it gives the game more challenge). ;) And their few resistances work great when you get to use them! All in all, I love grass types for who they are! :D
N/A...sorry!
N/A...sorry once again!

Breloom the SubPuncher! XD

P.S. Am I allowed to claim a Pokémon yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.