• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Is it possible to utilise Chikorita in lc. I am going to try and do a Special Sweep Chikorita set
Chikorita makes a great cleric in LC, but other than that, it doesn't do well. It can't sweep because of it's poor attacking stats.

Username: Volts
Favorite Thing About Grass Types: How useful they can be against Water and Ground types
PO, PS, or WiFi?: PS
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: Volt

Claim Nuzleaf?

You are accepted, and yes, you can claim Nuzleaf

Ok guys, in a couple of hours I will make that new section

Yveltal96

A little more human
Sorry for the long wait, but here is the GTP of the week, along with the new section!

Roserade
407.gif

Tier: UU
Smogon Recommended Set: Life Orb @ Natural Cure
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire
-Synthesis / Rest / Extrasensory
Nature: Timid / Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Why we recognize this Pokemon: Roserade was a complete monster back in D/P/P, with a ridiculous SpD stat and a high SpA stat, Roserade made a great special wall/sweeper. This generation, Roserade didn't get much new, and it fell down into the UU. But that is fine, as it does amazing in the tier. With a great secondary type in Poison, Roserade gets some useful resistances and cuts down a weakness. The secondary typing, also gives Roserade an immunity to Toxic stalls. A great ability in Natural Cure, also lets it overcome Burns, Paralysis, and Sleep, making Rest a very viable move for Roserade. Sleep Powder can give you an opportunity to stop a sweeper in their tracks while you cut them down with moves like Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb, both of which, are great STAB moves and grant good coverage.

What makes him different from other Grass Types?
Roserade, as most Pokemon, is based on something from the real world. Roserade is a Pokemon that is, while obviously based on a rose, based off of a mysterious patron from a masquerade ball. A masquerade ball is a tradition that originated in France, where guests would dress in intricate masks and costumes to celebrate many things such as marriages, or royal events. Masquerade balls were a feature of the Carnival season in the 15th century, and involved increasingly celebrate allegorical Royal Entries, pageants and other dynastic events of late medieval court life. Masquerade balls were extended into costumed public festivities in Italy during the 16th century Renaissance. They were generally elaborate dances held for members of the upper classes, and were particularly popular in Venice. They have been associated with the tradition of the Venetian Carnival. With the fall of the Venetian Republic at the end of the 18th century, the use and tradition of masks gradually began to decline, until they disappeared altogether.

xerneas96

RES Lover
Alright, best and worse.

Kanto:
Best: Venusaur
Worst: Gloom

Johto:
Best: Meganium
Worst: Sunflora

Hoenn:
Best: Ludicolo
Worst: Roselia

Sinnoh:
Best: Torterra
Worst: Wormadam

Unova:
Best: Ferrothorn
Worst: Maractus
Sorry for the long wait, but here is the GTP of the week, along with the new section!

Roserade
407.gif

Tier: UU
Smogon Recommended Set: Life Orb @ Natural Cure
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire
-Synthesis / Rest / Extrasensory
Nature: Timid / Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Why we recognize this Pokemon: Roserade was a complete monster back in D/P/P, with a ridiculous SpD stat and a high SpA stat, Roserade made a great special wall/sweeper. This generation, Roserade didn't get much new, and it fell down into the UU. But that is fine, as it does amazing in the tier. With a great secondary type in Poison, Roserade gets some useful resistances and cuts down a weakness. The secondary typing, also gives Roserade an immunity to Toxic stalls. A great ability in Natural Cure, also lets it overcome Burns, Paralysis, and Sleep, making Rest a very viable move for Roserade. Sleep Powder can give you an opportunity to stop a sweeper in their tracks while you cut them down with moves like Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb, both of which, are great STAB moves and grant good coverage.

What makes him different from other Grass Types?
Roserade, as most Pokemon, is based on something from the real world. Roserade is a Pokemon that is, while obviously based on a rose, based off of a mysterious patron from a masquerade ball. A masquerade ball is a tradition that originated in France, where guests would dress in intricate masks and costumes to celebrate many things such as marriages, or royal events. Masquerade balls were a feature of the Carnival season in the 15th century, and involved increasingly celebrate allegorical Royal Entries, pageants and other dynastic events of late medieval court life. Masquerade balls were extended into costumed public festivities in Italy during the 16th century Renaissance. They were generally elaborate dances held for members of the upper classes, and were particularly popular in Venice. They have been associated with the tradition of the Venetian Carnival. With the fall of the Venetian Republic at the end of the 18th century, the use and tradition of masks gradually began to decline, until they disappeared altogether.

The DPP monster is definately one way to describe this amazing creature of grace and utter destroyment. I cannot tell you how many times I have underestimated a roserade. They can run annoying sets that cripple sweepers and wall them. The only problem is, they are slightly predictable I have come to learn. Great stats and pulls of a useful role

Yveltal96

A little more human
I still like to use Roserade, it just runs into the problem, of being outclassed by other Pokemon with Toxic Spikes, which is one of the reasons it has taken up more of a sweepers role as of late.

deh74

Seine Majestät
Roserade is nice, It looks like both a ninja and an old man.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Roserade is nice, It looks like both a ninja and an old man.

Daf-
What?
White flowers are quite manly, sure, but its hair makes it look more like an light blonde ninja.
I thought Roserade was the more aesthetic Grass type of Gen four, even before Shaymin and its other formes.
I know I would love to see Mega Roserade because then it'd top Torterra on my list of Favorite Gras types of Gen Four.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Daf-
What?
White flowers are quite manly, sure, but its hair makes it look more like an light blonde ninja.
I thought Roserade was the more aesthetic Grass type of Gen four, even before Shaymin and its other formes.
I know I would love to see Mega Roserade because then it'd top Torterra on my list of Favorite Gras types of Gen Four.

A MegaRoserade would be pretty epic!

Also, considering Blaziken has a mega form, what grass starters would you guys like to see get a mega form?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
lol i don't know if any of the mega forms will be grass types but it would be intreasting to see...i personally like to see maybe shaymin :p that would be very intreasting indeed XD

Yveltal96

A little more human
MegaShaymin would be pretty sick. I can see it now: A grass ram with a new grass move that can cause flinching, along with serene grace. Gotta love serene grace

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
I wish to join the grass club Yvetal >.>

Furthermore, upon this i dibs the new rank of Grass/bug officer xD

Username: Celestial Moth
Tournament Name: Cmothfosizlemanizzle
PS, PO, or WiFi name/FC (depends on tourney rules):I can play all platforms
Time Zone: Australian

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
I wish to join the grass club Yvetal >.>

Furthermore, upon this i dibs the new rank of Grass/bug officer xD

Tournament Name: Cmothfosizlemanizzle
PS, PO, or WiFi name/FC (depends on tourney rules):I can play all platforms
Time Zone: Australian

Erm this is the wrong sign up form XD this is the tournament form :p
The club sign up form is higher than this one >.<

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Dis how you do me man lol
Maybe it was the right form btw >.>

Favorite Thing About Grass Types: They have adapted directly from the elder species of plants and ancint sentient trees.
PO, PS, or WiFi?:All
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC:Depends, getting into my palpad is always annoying,

Yveltal96

A little more human
Dis how you do me man lol
Maybe it was the right form btw >.>

Favorite Thing About Grass Types: They have adapted directly from the elder species of plants and ancint sentient trees.
PO, PS, or WiFi?:All
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC:Depends, getting into my palpad is always annoying,

Nowwww you're accepted ^_^ welcome to the club, and feel free to use our bars or buttons

Yveltal96

A little more human
...lol cheers bro so about that bug/grass rank for yo homie :p
How u been anyways man hehe

Lol I don't exactly have a bug/grass rank XD There is a master rank, which after being active for a month you can request a userbar with any grass type on it.
I have been good, just really busy with all sorts of school stuff

Leafseal

Fear the Foliage
A MegaRoserade would be pretty epic!

Also, considering Blaziken has a mega form, what grass starters would you guys like to see get a mega form?
Hey everybody! sorry haven't posted for a while. As for mega evolutions there's so many but I would really like to see Ferrothorn get one, he's such a beast when it comes to competitive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.