• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I loved using Venusaur and Sceptile for competitive battles. I used Venusaur throughout the Kanto, and Johto regions quite a lot. I used Sceptile through the Hoenn region and the other newer regions.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
My favorite grass type from each generation:

Gen 1: Tangela
Gen 2:Meganium
Gen 3: Seedot
Gen 4: Leafeon
Gen 5: Snivy
Gen 6: Gogoat

What are the grass types that you like to use the most(through story mode and competitive)?
I like to use Sceptile on the battle subway/story mode(and will use him on the battle maison when available) because he hits hard and is fast, even being frail I think he's always one of the top guys on any team I make. Ferrothorn is my choice on wi fi though, IMO it's the best wall in the game (and I need to breed a new one with leech seed and stealth rocks).
I also loved using a Torterra on the main story of pokémon Diamond, it saved me while fightng against the elite four.

I personally loved Serperior and Vileplume. I really like Vileplume. I know Vileplume isn't much loved, specially in gen 1 if you've played Yellow... But... Whatever! Tangela is also EXTREMELY cool! Too bad its evo sucks... Design-wise, in case.

Last edited:

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
Username: leafgreen5050
Favorite Thing About Grass Types: grass is my favourite type!! I love everything about them! But I think what first appealed to me about them was their designs!
PO, PS, or WiFi?: none , I don't do competitive battling. Wish I could though
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: " " " " "

Grass is my favourite and always will be!

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Leafgreen5050 said:
Username: leafgreen5050
Favorite Thing About Grass Types: grass is my favourite type!! I love everything about them! But I think what first appealed to me about them was their designs!
PO, PS, or WiFi?: none , I don't do competitive battling. Wish I could though
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: " " " " "

Grass is my favourite and always will be!
Accepted. And if you want to battle competitively, I could give you a few pointers.

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
Yay!!! Thnx for letting me join the club! I actually tried to register before but no one answered. Yveltal96 told me the club would be shut down with the release of X and Y unless they got a new leader for the club, are you that new leader? I'm so happy for you if you are! ^_^

And if you want to battle competitively, I could give you a few pointers.
aww thanks alot! That's so kind of you to offer but Im not really into competitive battling right now, but know I now the person to come to ! (;

But I do love battling with friends, and do you think this is a good moveset for tangrowth?

Tangrowth @ wide lens

-sleep powder
-power whip
-swords dance
-energy ball

I gave him wide lens to increase sleep powders accuracy . Swords dance boosts power whip's power to unbearable levels . And energy ball for a reliable special move

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Yep, I'm the new leader. I'm going to look back and get any missed people once I get control of the OP.

Hmm...I don't think having two grass type moves would be very good on him. If you want to make him a physical attacker, put on a move such as Rock Slide.
If you want a special attacker, get rid of swords dance and replace Power whip, maybe for growth and another type special move.

Either way, he works great as a Tank or wall. A good wall might be a set like this:
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
-Block
-Leech seed
-Amnesia
-Giga Drain/Ingrain

Anybody else have a good Tangrowth set?

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Yay!!! Thnx for letting me join the club! I actually tried to register before but no one answered. Yveltal96 told me the club would be shut down with the release of X and Y unless they got a new leader for the club, are you that new leader? I'm so happy for you if you are! ^_^

aww thanks alot! That's so kind of you to offer but Im not really into competitive battling right now, but know I now the person to come to ! (;

But I do love battling with friends, and do you think this is a good moveset for tangrowth?

Tangrowth @ wide lens

-sleep powder
-power whip
-swords dance
-energy ball

I gave him wide lens to increase sleep powders accuracy . Swords dance boosts power whip's power to unbearable levels . And energy ball for a reliable special move

You have two grass type attacks and SD to boost only one of them. This set is really easy to counter. I think this set would be better for you:

Tangrowth @ leftovers/wide lens
-Sleep Powder
-Leech seed
-Giga Drain
-Earthquake

Tangrowth Sp. Att and Att stats are both good and as you won't EV train it they will have almost the same stats, so you can make a bulky mixed wall. Leech seed and Giga Drain is there for recovery+damage, Sleep Powder to put things to sleep and Earthquake to hit dat steel, fire and poison types hard. Just like your set you can hit physical and special walls, but you don't get STAB on Earthquake (it's worth it though, as you get more coverage). You'll still have problems with flying, bug and grass types, so be sure to bring a counter to them.

Violent Red

Username: Violent Red

Favorite Thing About Grass Types: What I love about the Grass type is that they can be cute and lovable, but also a handful in battle. I love how Grass types use Status and conditions like Spore/Sleep Powder, Toxic and Leech Seed to help them overcome opponents over just brute force. Grass is just my fave type :)

PO, PS, or WiFi?: PS and WiFi
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: PS name is Romeo Romeo; FC is in my sig :)

<3

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince

Favorite Thing About Grass Types: What I love about the Grass type is that they can be cute and lovable, but also a handful in battle. I love how Grass types use Status and conditions like Spore/Sleep Powder, Toxic and Leech Seed to help them overcome opponents over just brute force. Grass is just my fave type

PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: PS name is Romeo Romeo; FC is in my sig

<3
grass is my fave type too! I see you have tangrowth on your team! I love tangrowth and I think he doesn't get enough love ): I don't have X or Y yet though .

What moveset do you have on tangrowth ? I'm interested because he's on my pokemon white team! I <3 whimsicott too, but his name is much cuter in japanese : Erurfuun!!!

Sohryu

Be a Man!
grass is my fave type too! I see you have tangrowth on your team! I love tangrowth and I think he doesn't get enough love ): I don't have X or Y yet though .

What moveset do you have on tangrowth ? I'm interested because he's on my pokemon white team! I <3 whimsicott too, but his name is much cuter in japanese : Erurfuun!!!

One of coolest Grass-type pokemon is in your avatar. How can someone not love him?
And don't worry though. I too don't have a X or Y...

Also guys, which set would be good for a Jumpluff? Any recommendations?

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
yes I love jumpluff! Jumpluff is unloved by so many people, but not in the grass club! I use him in Heartgold . Jumpluff is meant to be an annoyer, so use moves like leech seed and substitute , maybe even taunt.

also , can you still claim pokemon here ? if so can I please claim tangrowth?

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Violent Red said:

Favorite Thing About Grass Types: What I love about the Grass type is that they can be cute and lovable, but also a handful in battle. I love how Grass types use Status and conditions like Spore/Sleep Powder, Toxic and Leech Seed to help them overcome opponents over just brute force. Grass is just my fave type

PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: PS name is Romeo Romeo; FC is in my sig

<3

Accepted. Welcome to da club.

And Leafgreen, I'll add your claim once I get control of The OP. Kinda wish things would move along a little faster.

Violent Red

Atm I am using a tanky Tangrowth with Regenerator and Assault Vest. She can act as a decent Pivot too, switching in to a move I know I can handle and using Knock Off to cripple that Pokemon, or the Pokemon they switch in as a counter. Then she can switch out and heal off the damage she took.

Jumpfluff is a pretty good SubSeeder because of her speed. Unfortunately her Flying type is a bit of a hindrance, giving her many unneeded weaknesses. Whilst Jumpluff is cute, I think Whimsicott is cuter and with Prankster and her typing, does the job of annoying so well.

Whimsicott is the cutest, most adorable pain in the damn *** ever ;)

Thanks for accepting me!~

EDIT: By the way, when you guys get XY, definitely check out Trevenant. His HA is Harvest and he acts as a freaking amazing SubSeed staller... The set I use is Sub, Leech Seed, Protect and Curse with Sitrus Berry and Harvest. Lots of people use WoW over Curse but Curse is amazing because it can hit through subs and never misses. Definitely, imo, the best Grass type from 6th Gen. Mega Venusaur a badass too.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Is Trevenant really good? All the Trevenant I battled were easily defeated. And Whimsicott is the cutest grass type pokémon. Its just so adorable and cute.

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
What's the OP? What do you guys think of the Kalos grass pokemon ? Nothing much for be really, and plus there is very little kalos pokemon /: sorta wish there was more kalos pokemon

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
leafgreen5050 said:
What's the OP? What do you guys think of the Kalos grass pokemon ? Nothing much for be really, and plus there is very little kalos pokemon /: sorta wish there was more kalos pokemon

The original post, with all of the info. And yeah, I really wish there were more pokemon. I've heard fan speculation about it, but we won't get into that.

Soberheartless

Username: Soberheartless
Favorite Thing About Grass Types: Have always liked them, they are cool, sleek, strategic, and so amazing!
PO, PS, or WiFi?: Wifi!
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: My player's name in X is Pete, my 3DS code is 3239 3347 2169

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Soberheartless said:
Username: Soberheartless
Favorite Thing About Grass Types: Have always liked them, they are cool, sleek, strategic, and so amazing!
PO, PS, or WiFi?: Wifi!
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: My player's name in X is Pete, my 3DS code is 3239 3347 2169
Accepted, welcome. And let's start a new topic.
What Pokémon do you think should be grass type/part grass type? For me it'd be Pancham, I don't know, the leaf just kind of made me originally think he was part grass.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Accepted, welcome. And let's start a new topic.
What Pokémon do you think should be grass type/part grass type? For me it'd be Pancham, I don't know, the leaf just kind of made me originally think he was part grass.
i thought the same thing about pancham at first too but as for others i really cant think of any

Status
Not open for further replies.