• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grass-Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I think that the Flabebe line should be part grass. I don't think I need to explain why :p.
Edit: If anyone here wants a HA Treecko, pm me, giving them away.

Last edited:

gkat646

Username:gkat646
Favorite Thing About Grass Types]: everything but mostly the fact that my first grass type roselia and I got her to one hundred and took her along through 1-5 generations so there is a lot of nostalgia for it and other grass types to.
PO, PS, or WiFi?:I prefer wifi but I can do PS.
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: my in-game name is Sky and my friend code is 4828-5029-4082

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
gkat646 said:
Username:gkat646
Favorite Thing About Grass Types]: everything but mostly the fact that my first grass type roselia and I got her to one hundred and took her along through 1-5 generations so there is a lot of nostalgia for it and other grass types to.
PO, PS, or WiFi?:I prefer wifi but I can do PS.
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC: my in-game name is Sky and my friend code is 4828-5029-4082
Accepted. Welcome to the club, cool kat. Ok, I had to. :)

Mr.Y said:
I think that the Flabebe line should be part grass. I don't think I need to explain why .
Edit: If anyone here wants a HA Treecko, pm me, giving them away.
Wait, Flabebe isn't grass? Jk, but it makes so much since.

gkat646

thanks for accepting me.
I want flabebe to be a grass type it would make a lot of sence and if u look at its abilities it would be great as a grass type being more of a wall, but its still a cute pokemon though and I think xerneas would be great as a grass type or part either way I really wanted another grass type legendary.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
simisage23243 said:
Username simisage23243

Favorite thing about grass types : everything!!!

Po ps or wifi none

Po ps or wifi name and FC none
Accepted. Welcome.

Ps Flores should at least be part grass. She's got flowers all around her!

Yea Flabebe and Floette have flowers on them but Florges IS A FLOWER. I really was confused at the beginning as to their typing, they should at least be Fairy/Grass. And i agree about pancham too, the leaf in its mouth made me think it could evolve into partially grass, but in this case i do feel grass wouldnt suit pangoro.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Simisage23243 said:
I know I'm a beginner, but I would like to claim simisage
Your claim will be added when I can put it on the OP. And try not to double post.
PaddysTurtwigFanClub said:
Yea Flabebe and Floette have flowers on them but Florges IS A FLOWER. I really was confused at the beginning as to their typing, they should at least be Fairy/Grass. And i agree about pancham too, the leaf in its mouth made me think it could evolve into partially grass, but in this case i do feel grass wouldnt suit pangoro.
I'm still confused on why it isn't grass type. (And why there were only about 70 new pokemon, but that's not the point. Lol)

gkat646

yea florges needs to be a grass and fairy but it still acts like a grass type but still I kinda was disappointed that it wasn't part grass but there's not much to do about it now and im fine with 70 new pokemon to be honest.
Can I claim goghoat if that's alright?

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
gkat646 said:
yea florges needs to be a grass and fairy but it still acts like a grass type but still I kinda was disappointed that it wasn't part grass but there's not much to do about it now and im fine with 70 new pokemon to be honest.
Can I claim goghoat if that's alright?
I think that's a group consensus at this point. Lol. And I'll add all claims when I can.

New topic time. What grass types do you like to use on your team and why?
I personally go between Ha Chesnaught because he makes an excellent tank and destroys any Ferrothorn walls, and Venusaur with his Megalution. (And nostalgia, :D)

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
What is a grass type move you would like to see exist?

A move like Burn or Poison but instead like this. You know how Flamethrower or Fire Blast leaves a burn? Instead we have a grass move but it leaves seeds attached to the pokemon and it works like leech seed.

Do you think grass types are underrated?

Yes so much because they are weak to very common types like fire, ice, flying, bug and poison. Dragons can learn fire, ice and sometimes flying moves most of the time and are pretty common. And most pokemon learn the moves I listed above so it makes grass types very hard to work with if they are not under the sun. IMO Chlorophyll and Thick Fat Venusaur was a blessing, so was harvest exeguttor.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I think that's a group consensus at this point. Lol. And I'll add all claims when I can.

New topic time. What grass types do you like to use on your team and why?
I personally go between Ha Chesnaught because he makes an excellent tank and destroys any Ferrothorn walls, and Venusaur with his Megalution. (And nostalgia, :D)

I like to use Chlorphyll Venusaur, Exeguttor with Harvest, Meganium as a wall and support, Torterra as a physical sweeper, and Abomasnow.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
((JAWS)) said:
What is a grass type move you would like to see exist?

A move like Burn or Poison but instead like this. You know how Flamethrower or Fire Blast leaves a burn? Instead we have a grass move but it leaves seeds attached to the pokemon and it works like leech seed.

Do you think grass types are underrated?

Yes so much because they are weak to very common types like fire, ice, flying, bug and poison. Dragons can learn fire, ice and sometimes flying moves most of the time and are pretty common. And most pokemon learn the moves I listed above so it makes grass types very hard to work with if they are not under the sun. IMO Chlorophyll and Thick Fat Venusaur was a blessing, so was harvest exeguttor.
I'd like to see a grass move, like a paralyzing whip, that can have a paralysis effect. And I think that only some grass types are underrated. I mean, everyone loves ha Venusaur, but other then that no one really shows appreciation. Of course, I say this from a competitive standpoint. Otherwise it's just from a personal perspective.And don't double post people.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
What grass types do you like to use on your team and why?
I like to use Sceptile, it hits hard and fast, I have shiny a special one in my black 2(c'mon pokébank) that I use with choice specs and a HA swords dance one (swept a team once). I also like to use Ferrothorn because of its bulk and Venusaur as a chlorophyll sweeper.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
Mr.Y said:
I like to use Sceptile, it hits hard and fast, I have shiny a special one in my black 2(c'mon pokébank) that I use with choice specs and a HA swords dance one (swept a team once). I also like to use Ferrothorn because of its bulk and Venusaur as a chlorophyll sweeper.
Ugh, I do NOT like dealing with ha sceptile. Lol. Unless you have a fast fire type or flying type on you, you really don't have a good counter for it. Of course, with gale wings talonflame now on the field, I don't think it'll be near as threatening.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Ugh, I do NOT like dealing with ha sceptile. Lol. Unless you have a fast fire type or flying type on you, you really don't have a good counter for it. Of course, with gale wings talonflame now on the field, I don't think it'll be near as threatening.

Actually, things like Scizor/Mamoswine could OHKO it with bullet punch/ice shard before Talonflame was even a thing. If you run a special one you can use a focus sash and bait a brave bird then OHKO it with something like hidden power rock (or any neutral special move after stealth rocks). And I never saw someone use a Sceptile, probably its special movepool is poor even with move tutors and the nerfs of things like hidden power/leaf storm doesn't help, although its a great surprise element :). Hope it gets a mega :/

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Actually, things like Scizor/Mamoswine could OHKO it with bullet punch/ice shard before Talonflame was even a thing. If you run a special one you can use a focus sash and bait a brave bird then OHKO it with something like hidden power rock (or any neutral special move after stealth rocks). And I never saw someone use a Sceptile, probably its special movepool is poor even with move tutors and the nerfs of things like hidden power/leaf storm doesn't help, although its a great surprise element :). Hope it gets a mega :/

Sceptile has a pretty diverse moveset and if you combine that with expert belt you have a monster on your hands. Sceptile can learn Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Brick Break, Rock Tomb, X-Scizor, Focus Blast and Low Sweep. I know Sceptile takes long to set up and is RU + a pure grass who is not meant for support (Meganium) he could definitley change it up if he was given more of a chance. If Sceptile gets a mega evolution I think it should be Dragon or Ground so it can restore its place back to the UU and up like in DP.

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
It feels like ages since I've been on here :p happy 2014 everybody ! And I was so happy to see the grass club first in the subforum :) I just really like to use any grass type on my team :) but I've grown to love a couple especially I suppose. I've always wanted a venusaur but never got one.... Until X and Y! I love him so much and Thick Fat makes him sooooo much better! The only problem is its so hard for me to make s decision on his moveset XD . I also really like using my roserade in platinum and my new X . In X her watersport helps my team so much with one of their biggest weaknesses : fire .

And also, don't you Gus think celebi should be grass/fairy instead of grass/psychic? I mean, she has like pixie wings and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.