1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Grating Spaces! (453)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, May 18, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Brock & Ash! Defend Pewter Gym in Tag Battle!

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & Co. stop in to Pewter Gym to see Brock's Family. When they get there Brock gets two suprises, his Onix has evolved into a Steelix and the gym has pretty much been vandalised on the inside due to lack of care for the gym. However when he's trying to fix it, Team Rocket come in disguise with strong Pokémon delivered by Delibird in order to try and capture the gym, Charizard & Aggron. Will Ash & Brock be able to defend the gym?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Delibird returns? o_O

We haven't seen that thing since Johto!

3. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

The news of Delibird returning brought a huge smile to my face. I was anticipating this episode enough as it is, but that slice of news made my day.

4. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

For the record...the Pokemon Delibird delivered weremeant for Butch & Cassidy

5. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

TR get Charizard and Aggron?! Unexpected.

Does Brock take back any of his Pokemon? Geodude? Steelix? Crobat? Ludicolo?

6. skarmachild

skarmachild Cheer up.

Capture the gym!?

James: "Go - Pokeball!"

Imagine the gym getting captured in animation.

Edit: Ruh-oh, I predict May uses her technologically advanced Squirtle to save the day.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  7. Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16 Well-Known Member

wow this one is going to be good.

8. skarmachild

skarmachild Cheer up.

How did you work that one out?

9. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

EXCELLENT! Its not Ash's Charizard!

10. skarmachild

skarmachild Cheer up.

Too bad Aggron + Charizard will blast away somewhere else away from TR. Team Rocket with Aggron + Charizard would be MASSIVE DAMAGE

11. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

Delibird=love

Is it confirmed whether or not Steelix is Brock's old buddy Onix?

12. Magical Leaf

Magical Leaf Mega derp

Does that answer your question?
    Really, it saddens me that Onix was the one to evolve, he was a good battler as he was. Geodude, however, was in need of a boost. Seems he'll always be a lovable lump...

Anyway, Delibird was unexpected. To be honest I never saw the anime when Delibird was in it (I stopped watching halfway through the orange islands, and started again a few episodes into the BF), but i'm still strangely excited to see him, after all i've heard.

13. skarmachild

skarmachild Cheer up.

^ Applies to me too.

14. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

I think at least Steelix and Crobat could return to Brock's team. Didn't you notice it?, the Pokemon teams of our heros are "mimicking" the ones of their rivals in the Hoenn League. Check this:

+ Ash and Tyson are having a very similar team: Both of them have a Sceptile and a Donphan. "The Meowth in boots" of Tyson is a perfect equivalent to Ash's Pikachu. And if Corphish would evolve, Crawdaunt could be the equivalent in Ash's team of Tyson's Shiftry (the both are powerful Dark Types Pokemon).

+ Now Brock's team is very similar to Morisson's team: Both of them have a Steelix now. If Brock's Marshtomp evolve, both would also have a Swampert. Brock's Forretress could be the equivalent to Morisson's Metang (both look like each other and are Steel Type). And finally, you won't deny me that Crobat (Brock) and Gligar (Morisson) look like each other a lot.

Geodude and Ludicolo don't think so, but I would bet for Steelix and Crobat to return to Brock's team. Anybody could confirm it?.

15. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

For their debut episode, yes, but it wouldn't be long before they become as useless (for lack of a better word) as the rest of Team Rocket's pokemon.

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

It would be swell if we get some confirmation on who the Gym leader will be in this episode. If Forest is still the Gym leader than why is Brock defending the Gym?

Hopefully he isn't so Brock can get the hell out of the show after this saga ends. I'd rather the writers not run him into the ground anymore than he has been since AG began.

17. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Aggron and Charizard will be gone by the next 5 minutes of the episodes end off Camera D:

Do you people really expect TR to keep them? Giovanni will just take them away once he hears about this.

Delibird returning seems awesome. Hey, did Brock take Steelix back since its not a Rock type anymore?

18. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

Well now, Delibird surely is a pleasant surprise. Funny how they can have continuity from Jouto, but not the region they're actually in.

19. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

If I recall, Brock didn't give Forest the Gym Leadership. I think it was confirmed by Murg that that was a mistranslation and that the Gym Leadership was given to Flint and Lola.

20. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

I'm shocked. They are actually referring back to Delibird! I'm fianlly starting to see some Team Rocket continuity (first Cassidy and Butch and now this). Maybe they are leading up to a final confrontation with Giovanni (once again I get my hopes up way too high)

Last edited: May 18, 2006