• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grating Spaces! (453)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was great to see Pewter Gym again.

Brock's Steelix was a good surprise. I never though that Onix will evolve.

8/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Nice to see Brock's Pokemon back for an episode, and that Onix had evolved into Steelix. I bet it had gotten alot of battles in the Gym now (I don't remember it battling that much in the episodes it was in)

Was a bit surprising to see Brock's mother, I think it should stay as a rock gym though instead of a water gym, that's an easy way to get through two gyms quick (Pewter and Misty's gym).

saar

Shiny Flygon
Brock's familiy is just great, I always love to see them... His brothers and sisters are cute.
TR again with strong pokemon that they can't control on, it reminds me an episode from Kanto, where Jessie had a Charizard.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Funny to see how team rocket remodeled the gym.... No wonder Brock was angry... Also great to see that Onix evolved into Steelix

Have not seen the Pewter gym for a long time!
Great to see that Onix evolved into Steelix! Awesome!

A question:
Just what was that thing that Lola got Brock???

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok. It was great to find out that Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix. Brock's reactions to the inside of the gym were priceless! It was interesting how Jessie and James were lent very stron Pokemon Charizard and Aggron to be able to accomplish their schemes. It was funny and relieving to find out that the Pokemon were actually meant for Cassidy and Butch.

40/100

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I love Jessie's line, "Why does Charizard always have to be the fall guy?" That statement is so untrue it's not even funny.

Vernikova

Champion
Brock's Pokemon get more development off-screen than they do on-screen. Okay, in all seriousness, I didn't enjoy the episode that much. I don't really care for Brock's family to be honest.

NPT

Just a member
In this episode Ash and the others arrives at Brock's hometown, Pewter City. Brock's reaction was priceless when he saw his 'new' gym.
It's great to see Brock's Onix again, who has evolved into a Steelix. I liked seeing Golem, Geodude and Crobat as well.
Later, Team Rocket attacked the Pewter gym so they could steal the Pokemon from there.
This time, they have new Pokemon ....... Aggron and Charizard? That was unexpected.
I liked how Ash and Brock teamed up against Jessie and James and battled them. Despite having those powerful Pokemon, they got blasted off.
Later it turns out that those Pokemon were for Butch and Cassidy, so Delibird took the Pokeballs back from them.
Brock tried talking to his mother about the gym's new look, but sadly she ignored him. I guess she really wants to turn the gym into a water-type gym. -_-
Overall, this was an intersting episode, it's nice too see Brock's familiy again.

Last edited:
Wasn't it said way back in "Showdown In Pewter City" that Brock's Mom was implied to be dead?
Oh well, again, it doesn't matter, why would you be looking for 100% consistency in a cartoon anyway?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Pewter City Gym looked dreadful; Brock's mom should've been arrested for ruining it imo. I felt bad for Brock having to be responsible for it while Flint and Lola were away, but seeing Team Rocket barge into Brock's home and demand a battle was funny. Seeing Ash and Brock team up against Jessie and James's Aggron and Charizard was awesome imo.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The Pewter gym looked kind of messy still and I was surprised that Brock's brother had evolved Onix into Steelix tho. Seeing Jessie and James command an Aggron and Charizard rocked. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, Brock's reaction to the new Gym design was hilarious. It was awesome to see Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat again, too. Although it would be nice to see Brock take Steelix with him. :c

ZilverLox

Banned
So I'm gonna guess that Forrest must've swapped Brock's Onix with a Metal Coat attached and got him to evolve into Steelix that way. I liked how the Pewter Gym looked as well, but I wish Lola and Flint were around. :(

Leonhart

Imagineer
Both the exterior and interior of the Nibi Gym looked gaudy, and I thought it was smart of the Rocket-dan to send Mizuho and Munoo away so that they wouldn't interfere with their plans. Delibird mistakenly delivering a Lizardon and Bossgodora to Musashi and Kojirou was amusing, although as expected they still got beaten by Takeshi's Haganeil.

Daizy

I call you honey
The Aggron and Charizard were delivered by Delibird who we hadn't seen for years. And I was confused when we saw Steelix since it was Brock's and had already evolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given how tough Haganeil had gotten ever since staying at the Nibi Gym, I was hoping Takeshi would re-add him to his team. It's as shame that that didn't happen since Takeshi lacked a strong fighter.

0/10 episode no Ludicolo and Marshtomp interaction /s
Still besides that gripe this was a great episode and Brock was hilarious. About time Onix evolved but Ludicolo is being reduced to suitcase carrier. Brock's parents are awful for abandoning ten kids at home alone to go on vacation with not even Ludicolo to take care of them.