• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grating Spaces! (453)

Geodude

I think what happened was it was due to J&J's lack of coordination. Jessie called for Fire Spin at a time and position where Aggron was in the way. Same thing happened to Ash and May back in The Bicker the Better when Skitty hit Corphish with Blizzard when it was supposed to be teamed up in battle with it.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I too think it was utter bulls*** that Iwark evolved. After Takeshi and Jirou were talking about the pride in having a rock-type gym back in that Housou special, what does Jirou go and do? Evolve the rock-type into a steel-type.
True Brock did say talk about that but then why would Crobat be used also it really isnt Forrest's fault it evolved(the anime varies on if a pokemon requires a certain item to evolve). Although you do have a point that Onix was probally the strongest rock type. Golem could work since it seems like Forrest was using Flint's Golem for the gym.

Magus

Fog Trainer
Was anybody else disappointed by how little Forrest actually did in this episode? I realize that Ash is the main character, but it seems to me that having Forrest as Brock's partner would make more sense. The kid is training to eventually take over the Gym, isn't he? And really, what did Ash do with Donphan that Forrest couldn't have done with Golem or Geodude?

Also, if Forrest had tried to flirt with May (they're about the same age, after all), that would've been good for a laugh.

Geodude

Well Forrest is still young, and he was clearly upset about the situation, so maybe he tried to stop it but wasn't able. And having Brock there and fighting to keep the gym gave him courage. And he did cut in front of Ash and Brock at one point so it's not like he stood back and let them do everything.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I realized something interesting last night: Onix is the first "Original" pokemon of the twerps to evolve on the show. By that, I mean the pokemon they had prior to being introduced on the show (not counting Ash and May, since they got their first pokemon on the show). Brock started with Onix and Geodude; Misty had Staryu, Starmie, and Golden; and Tracey had Venonat and Marill (yes, I count Tracey).

Of course two original pokemon already evolved a LONG time ago (Jessie and James's Ekans and Koffing), but it's a first for the twerps. Pretty cool. :)

.::Lynee::.

~*~ Scarlet Eyes ~*~
Just watched it and I think this Es is quite cool.
Well, the battle is very interesting but I don't like Charizard ^^ That's better to replace Char and Jess should use Ninetales.
When Steelix turns Donphan on with the view defeating Argon - that's a good stragedy

V Faction

www.faction.com
On the subject of Onix's evolution:

Bittersweet. Oh, hey, it evolved? Great! Now instead of being an honest to goodness Onix, its a generic Steelix. What a surprise that we see it using Iron Tail and Dragonbreath during the battle--two attacks that are so non-descrip. for a Steelix its painful to witness.

Odd, isn't it? Usually we cry for evolution, and when the time comes we almost have to do a double-take. Great idea, Pokemon writers--wrong choice. In other news, Geodude gets Sandstorm (relatively unique but nothing we haven't seen) and Mega Punch (we're back to RBY TMs now! [yes, I know it's a tutorable move. Go easy!])

On the battle itself:

Funny. But also more of the same. I can see the headline already...

"You've seen Team Rocket get cranky at one another and lose battles before! Now, get ready to witness the same thing again... BUT with new Pokemon!"

And new is a relative term. Charizard? Okay, I know I've joked about his appearances in the past before, but at this point I'm inclined to believe that they sincerely can't think of any other Pokemon to pick. Seriously! Maybe it's a disease or something. Charizarditis. A new discovery. Prevents any sane person from choosing a Pokemon other than Charizard. Looks like they were able to take some medicine for a short bit because I see AGGRON of all Pokemon! What a choice. Now there's something creative and not-Charizardish.

But anyway... Yeah, the battle wasn't anything special on TR's side of the field. They get blasted off... the Gym is saved ....Mozeltoff. Ash and Brock were cookin' fiercely but the efforts were a bit of a 'why bother' situation.

NoDot

Gone
As to why it was Charizard, I've been developing a theory for a while. If I had to wager a guess, they like using Charizard a lot, because they have the character models for it. Instead of making new models or drawing them from scratch, they can just whip out the previous footage for the Pokemon and its attack, saving time and money.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Well the Charizard in this episode sure did have a lot of new animation and its attacks, while similar, were used differently. It's not a bad theory but I'm not sure if can work, y'know?

I just chalk it up to Charizarditis. It's easier.

Dreamcoat

dragonpkmnrox said:
Using Charizard is getting old tho, why not use Pokemon we rarely see.
The writers would rather be eaten by a pack of vicious Shuckles than using Dunsparce.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not in AG they don't. This is why we have Eevee firing Shadow Ball and Meowth in boots using Thunderbolt and the like.

Back in the early series, the writers stuck Pokemon with generic moves that they learn in their movesets. At least in AG we're getting great TM moves, of course some tend to be overused (Iron Tail...yikes!) but others are welcome.

HoennMaster

CyberCubed said:
Not in AG they don't. This is why we have Eevee firing Shadow Ball and Meowth in boots using Thunderbolt and the like.

Back in the early series, the writers stuck Pokemon with generic moves that they learn in their movesets. At least in AG we're getting great TM moves, of course some tend to be overused (Iron Tail...yikes!) but others are welcome.

Iron Tail isn't overused, no not at all. But Seriously, I don't see why the writers find that attack so appealing

Last edited:

Geodude

Geodude said:
And I THINK (someone'll have to confirm this) that Flint/Lola were actually NOT responsible for the gym decorations this time around. When the disguised TR showed up, the kids knew who they were (well, who they were supposed to be disguised as, anyway), so I kinda got the impression that TR did the "re-designing"...especially considering their reactions to what the kids were telling Brock.
Murgatroyd has confirmed that Flint/Lola hired TR, but TR was solely responsible for the details (meaning, the decorations and stuff).