• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grating Spaces! (453)

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I'm just glad they got through this one only because I'm looking forward to tomorrows.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
One of the best battles in the series. Its what I wish happened more often, vicious throw-downs between massive fully-evolved pokemon! You could FEEL the impact of those attacks (especially when Charizard got slammed into that wall, that was BRUTAL!), I freakingLOVE this animation crew!

I also really like Dragonbreath's new look, though I still hold a certain fondness for the green flamethrower this one somehow looks a bit more dragonish by appearing to be made of some magical smoke energy.

And here we see how the various looks of Water Pulse function together quite well, the energy sphere can simply transform into a wave of water if the user wishes it.

Oh, and Flint's new voice is not nearly as cool as his old one, though I like how he sounds more like Brock now.

Some nice continuity in this episode, including multiple indirect references to how Brock's crazy parents have a tendency to abandon their kids. Rather dark in a way, Brock's remark to Max that he learned how to cook simply because "everybody has to eat.":(

Last edited:
I'm just glad they got through this one only because I'm looking forward to tomorrows.

This episode is much better than the Battle Pyramid episode. We actually get to see Takeshi DO something in this episode, along with a nice battle, Team Rocket getting some fully evolved pokemon to battle with, the hotness of Mizuho and Ludicolo, and some actual humor.

In the next episode we get... uh, Team Rocket falling for a bunch of traps, an average battle, and a very stupid plot device.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Anybody notice at the end when Brock was complimenting Forest everyone including May Max and Ash had Brock's tradmark look eyes?

Aggron and Charizard were awesome to see battle Steelix and Donphan. A great battle to be seen, but i found it sort of funny how it seemed like they were beating up on Charizard with combos then Aggron uses a crazy powerful attack.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Same quibble I had with yesterday's episode - Character recognizing another character they've never met on-screen before. Forrest has never met Meowth, yet he yelled "I know that face!"

I know I've been over this time and again, but I just don't get PUSA on the BGM front. Certain songs from the original that are kept in one episode are replaced in another. For example, one of the tracks used for the battle was also kept in the previous contest, yet was cut in both Anabel episodes.

Regardless, in case I didn't say this before, this is one of those episodes that proves why Takeshi can be a fantastic character when he actually...ya know, DOES SOMETHING.
This episode is much better than the Battle Pyramid episode. We actually get to see Takeshi DO something in this episode, along with a nice battle, Team Rocket getting some fully evolved pokemon to battle with, the hotness of Mizuho and Ludicolo, and some actual humor.

In the next episode we get... uh, Team Rocket falling for a bunch of traps, an average battle, and a very stupid plot device.
Both episodes are actually in my Top 10 of the BF saga. Battle Pyramid Part 1 is something different for this series, has some great music, and the battle is certainly better than the 3rd Pyramid battle. TR falling for a bunch of traps is both comic relief and a nice excuse for them to stay out of the main plotline, which is also one of the reasons why the Battle Palace was so great. The only beef I have with the episode is the unbelievably crappy and excessive CG usage. (The boulder is absolutely laughable)

Same quibble I had with yesterday's episode - Character recognizing another character they've never met on-screen before. Forrest has never met Meowth, yet he yelled "I know that face!"

Forrest saw Meowth in 'disguise' when TR was 'consulting' with his mom about remodeling the gym. Remember when J and J gave Meowth a hard time for his bad costume?

eonteam123456

Codenumber 242
SOOOOOO...Charizrd and Aggron tryed to destroy Pewter Gym? If they had kept them, I would be shocked!

Knight_Ram

SOOOOOO...Charizrd and Aggron tryed to destroy Pewter Gym? If they had kept them, I would be shocked!

Yeah I agree with you on that one! It would definatly make things harder for the twurps.

I actually thought that this episode was good. Especially since there is a thread dedicated to Brock not doing anything, I think that this is a great example of what the show can do with Brock.

If you dont know what I mean its just that Brock hardly does anything in the show anymore and I think that if the show has more episodes based on Brock, Then it would be a great one!

Overall I thought that this episode went well IMO. The batlle scene with Ash and Brock was pretty cool! Forest has done something that I doubt Brock would ever do! (Evolving Onix). And, The return of Delibird was pretty cool! Also very funny how Jessie and James found out that the Charizard and the Aagron were for Casidy and Butch! Lol. But the thing I personaly really disliked was, when everyone found out that it was Team Rocket and they all used the attacks to blow them away. Pikachu just had to come along and take some of the glory away from the other pokemon... Damn you Pikachu! 9/10 Because of you! Oh and I guess its also the 9/10 becauseBrocks dads voice is so sick! Ewwwww! I miss the old one! He was sooooo funny!

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I don't know what would disgust me more about that - Having to see Charizard hog even more spotlight, or having to see a Pokemon as cool as Aggron lose in every single episode.

Medea

Excalibur
Piece of crap this morning. Not the episode, that was good. Time to remember what I said about the episode this morning...

-Love the battle between Charizard/Aggron and Steelix/Donphan.
-Everyone's voice seemed pretty good and I have no complaints.
-Great to see Geodude again (underused as it is of Brock's pokemon)
-Brock in his pink apron again. Real men where pink aprons!
-Great to see Delibird since we have not seen it since late Johto and it was always good for a laugh.

Dark Star

Mysterious Trainer
The battle was excellent. The voices were also pretty good.

Seeing Delibird was nice as the writers actually remember something in the Johto Saga. I found its voice to be hilarious. Dee..dee...dee!

Seeing Brock's old Pokemon was also nice. But one thing, was that Golem Brock's or someone elses?

Geodude

It was never said, but it must have been Flint's, since we know he has one. If that Golem was Brock's Geodude, don't you think it's rather obvious that it would have been brought up in the same way Onix/Steelix was?

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Aww, it was that good, the Cartoon Network was ****ed up on my TV and I recorded the episode, didn't get nothing but a frozen Art Insistute commericial and black screen. But luckily for me, I seen the Japanese of the episode.

The episode was awesome, I really liked everything of it. I couldn't stop laughing how Brock had to suffer how his gym is screwed up and his crazy mom and dad. Geez don't they have a weird relationship.

The battle was great, Team Rocket getting elite Pokemon, and it gave Ash and Brock 2nd thoughts that it ain't going to be easy. I hope I could catch the dub one of these days.

dnglover25

Hikari Trainer
I hate that Brock leaves all his star pokemon ex. Vulpix,Geodude,Onix(Steelix), and Crobat. Even Ludicolo and Marshtop.

dnglover25

Hikari Trainer
True but when i think of Brock i think of all thoose pokemon. I also liked to see the new Dragon Breath color.

Last edited: