• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gravihazard in UU (the 2nd attempt)

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
This is the continuation of my original Gravihazard team, which I had posted a little while earlier. The idea was to set up Gravity and a lot of hazards so that nobody could avoid the hazards. Gravity also lets my pokemon use wildly inaccurate moves, and helps their type coverage (ground and normal hits everything in gravity). This is the new team:

386%20DF.gif
113.gif
545.gif
009.gif
571.gif
623.gif

I started with my mixer, which at the time was Meganium. I liked the idea of using Sleep Talk to bypass the negative priority of Dragon Tail, so I built the team around it.
154.gif

I added Accelgor as my lead to set up spikes, Dusknoir as a spin-blocker, and Regirock as the Gravity/Stealth Rock setup.
617.gif
477.gif
154.gif
377.gif

I threw in Eviolite Ferroseed for additional Spikes, and then realized my team was too Fire-weak. That's when I changed Meganium to Blastoise. I also added Persian to use Hypnosis, Nasty Plot, and sweep, because my team had a sweeper deficiency. This gave me the team that I had posted in my first Gravihazard RMT.
617.gif
477.gif
009.gif
377.gif
597.gif
053.gif

Ferroseed was a terrible staller, and I needed a new sweeper to add power to the team, so I came up with a Scolipede moveset that worked really well in Gravity. Accelgor was also not very effective at setting up Spikes, so I replaced it with Deoxys-D.
386%20DF.gif
477.gif
545.gif
009.gif
377.gif
053.gif

My team had no lightning resistances, and Dusknoir was not too good at destroying the likes of Starmie and Donphan as was his job as a SpinBlocker. I replaced him with Golurk, which also brought more power to the team.
386%20DF.gif
623.gif
545.gif
009.gif
377.gif
053.gif

Regirock was now the problem. It wasn't defensive enough to set up Gravity and Stealth Rock, and its capacity as a sweeper was very limited. I also needed a cleric for the team, as status crippled my sweepers. This led me to Chansey, which could use Heal Bell as well as set up Gravity and Stealth Rock.
386%20DF.gif
623.gif
545.gif
009.gif
113.gif
053.gif

The last issue was the team's overall weakness to dark. Not only that, but I didn't like the thought of having 2 same-type pokemon on the team, so it was clear that Persian had to go. Zoroark made the perfect replacement sweeper, able to set up Nasty Plot and attack. I rearranged the team to disguise Zoroark as Golurk, thus encouraging Dark and Ghost-type attacks against it.
386%20DF.gif
113.gif
545.gif
009.gif
571.gif
623.gif

Lead:

386%20DF.gif

Deoxys-D @ Mental Herb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 116 Def, 140 Sp Def

-Thunder Wave
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Recover

Deoxys starts with Thunder Wave unless the opponent is obviously setting something up (Whimsicott, Forretress), in which case it starts with Taunt. If the foe uses Taunt in the turn that Deoxys uses Thunder Wave (Taunt is rendered useless once by Mental Herb), Deoxys follows up with Taunt, making the Taunter unable to Taunt. After that, Deoxys spreads Spikes and heals with Recover. Pressure helps this, as the foe may exhaust its useable movepool while Deoxys is stalling.

Gravihazard setup / cleric:

113.gif

Chansey @ Eject Button
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 240 HP, 252 Def, 16 Sp Def

-Gravity
-Stealth Rock
-Heal Bell
-Wish / Softboiled

Chansey sets up everything it can, then switches out. It comes back in the lategame to set up Gravity again and cure the team of status. I would have given it Eviolite, but Scolipede and Zoroark need a way to come into play without being damaged on the switch.

Physical Sweeper:

545.gif

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Toxic Spikes

Scolipede powers itself up to insane heights with SD, and sweeps. Bug/Ground hits everything but Bug/Flying pokemon for neutral damage in Gravity. Megahorn also gets 100% accuracy in Gravity and powered up by Swarm for massive damage.

Mixer:

009.gif

Blastoise @ Salac Berry
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 100 Def, 156 Spd

-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Tail
-Roar

Blastoise bears the first hit and uses Rest. Then, when it uses Sleep Talk, it ignores the negative priority of Roar and Dragon Tail. Essentially, this means that as long as Blastoise goes first, the foe will be switched out of play before it can act. Salac Berry increases its speed to the point that only things like Electrode and Ninjask (which are usually leads and are paralyzed by Deoxys-D) could outspeed it. Its bulk was necessary to survive a hit in case Sleep Talk make it use Rest, which happens 1/3 of the time.

Special Sweeper:

571.gif

Zoroark @ Absorb Bulb / Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Nature: Timid
EVs: 200 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 56 HP

-Nasty Plot
-Night Daze
-Focus Blast
-Memento

I think Zoroark fits perfectly on this team. While he’s disguised as Golurk, the opponent will hurl Ghost and Dark moves at him, allowing him a free turn to set up Nasty Plot. If he can get hit by a water move (not hard, as Golurk is a ground type), the Absorb Bulb will increase his Sp Atk even more. Memento is a nice last move, since just about any of the pokemon on my team could use a free turn to set up. This could give Scolipede an extra SD, Golurk could use Rock Polish, or Chansey could have the opportunity to set up Heal Bell or Gravity again. He may seem evil, but he’s a team player at heart.

Spin-Blocker:

623.gif

Golurk @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 200 Spd, 56 HP

-Rock Polish
-Shadow Punch
-DynamicPunch
-Rain Dance / Earthquake

Every good hazard team needs a Spin-Blocker, so that all of the work of setting up all of these entry hazards doesn’t go to waste. If the opponent even sends up a pokemon that might know Rapid Spin (Starmie, Forretress, Blastoise), I’ll switch this thing in. With a great attack stat, it can demolish anything after a single Rock Polish. Rain Dance is there entirely for the purpose of messing up Sun / Sandstorm teams. This is the one pokemon that I still don’t feel that sure about. It’s relatively easy for a Blastoise to Surf it to oblivion.

Please give me some advice on which items / pokemon to change. I haven’t actually started breeding any of these pokemon yet, so I’ll take any suggestions into consideration. Thanks!

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
This is definetly a creative team. At first, I was like "wth? salac balstoise?" but this looks like a pretty good team. Deoxys could use Magic Coat over taunt since it generally works better. Eject Button on Chansey? They are usually slow, so that seems like a waste. Use eviolite. Everything else seems fine though. You may want a zap cannon abuser, like Porygon-Z with Download. This team seems very gimmicky though, there's only a 2/3 chance that blastoise will phaze, and, he's slow. I'm a little iffy on this team, but it could work I guess.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
This is definetly a creative team. At first, I was like "wth? salac balstoise?" but this looks like a pretty good team. Deoxys could use Magic Coat over taunt since it generally works better. Eject Button on Chansey? They are usually slow, so that seems like a waste. Use eviolite. Everything else seems fine though. You may want a zap cannon abuser, like Porygon-Z with Download. This team seems very gimmicky though, there's only a 2/3 chance that blastoise will phaze, and, he's slow. I'm a little iffy on this team, but it could work I guess.

That point about Magic Coat is actually a really great suggestion. It especially works well against leads that set up Entry hazards, so that I use their hazards to my favor, so thanks.

Eject Button is very necessary. Believe me, I wanted Eviolite. I want Chansey to be able to set up Gravity again in the lategame, so I can't wait until Chansey gets KO'ed to send up Scolipede or Zoroark. If I switched, they would get attacked, possibly KO'ed (they're not too defensive) and at least their Focus Sashes wouldn't work. Thus, the best solution is to have Chansey switch out on the turn it sets up Gravity via Eject Button. It works because, no matter how slow you are, Eject Button doesn't cause a switch until the end of the turn.

Zap Cannon isn't that great of a move. If I use something powerful like Thunder, I want it to OHKO, so the 100% paralysis chance doesn't really matter to me. Besides, I used Zap Cannon's physical counterpart, Dynamicpunch, and also Focus Blast and Megahorn, which are too inaccurate to use otherwise.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Blissey is OU, unfortunately. Otherwise, I would definitely use it.

snowmonster

the umber blob
oh duh (sorry)
well i think (if my credibility hasn't been ruined) you should run wish not Softboiled on Chansey to keep up your spin blocker and toxic spiker

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Yeah, but if Chansey gets hurt (a lot of things 2HKO it), it might need immediate recovery, don't you think? I'm not sure which one to use.

I also had another idea. If I replace Scolipede with Shell Smash Crustle, its Sturdy could act as a Pseudo-Focus Sash, and I could give it some other item. Plus Crustle can also learn Spikes, which definitely helps the team.

snowmonster

the umber blob
yeah but i think wish would benefit the team more
the Crustle is cool but i can't say much about him
I've never seen him used before

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
I like it. I really, really like your blastoise set, definitely considering using that as one of my phazers, maybe to replace Bastiodon... His typing doesn't help much though. I very much like your Chansey set, especially since it taught me that eject button ALWAYS waits until the end of the turn. I thought that if you wanted it to be effective, you needed to use a fast pokemon. That opens up all kinds of opportunities (overheat/leaf storm on slower pokemon that I counted out, use with pokemon with regenerator ability and recycle (double bracket time, OH EM GEE THAT COULD BE GODLY))
Well that's pretty much it, everything looks good to me, but your set seems to more focused on getting damage from your sweepers and using phazing to soften them up, while mine is focused entirely on phazing damage (almost none of my pokemon have attacking moves, I know... tauntfodder).
All in all, I love you, and almost all the sets you make.
MAKE MORE CREATIVE TEAMS! (I mean that in number of teams, not the degree of creativity as thats fine already :))

Scizorisnotcool

Release The Kraken!
Yes. Deoxys-D is UU, as is Zoroark.
I was amazed when I saw Deoxys-D in the UU tier for B/W too, he'll probably get bumped up to BL just to ruin my team... :p

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
All of those are UU. Do you have any comments on the team besides the tier?

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Eject button will only work once, at the end of the turn if I get attacked, so Chansey will at least be able to set up Gravity before switching out. This allows Scolipede, Golurk or Zoroark to start up a sweep.

Blastoise will keep using rest until some attack brings it within range of the Salac Berry, but, you're right, that is a problem.

irock245

She wants it
Perhaps you should have a backup gravity user. If chansey dies early on and gravity runs out, then you lost a very abusable advantage. You could add claydol in there, as he can spin any other hazards your opponent sets up, and have gravity as a backup if chansey somehow dies early. I don't know who you should replace, though.