• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gravity Falls discussion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Falls

So, does anyone else here like this show as much as I do? I love it, and the theme song is amazingly addicting. The mysterious feel of the show also adds to its charm, as well as the humor and art style. The animation is amazing and fluid at times, and the quirky personalities of the main cast make it so much more dynamic. I also love the hidden messages sprinkled about in the opening and throughout the show, and how they seem to be foreshadowing future events when decoded. It's not the best tv show ever, I'll admit it, but it's worth a watch, definitely.

Taichi

It's a good show. It's not Phineas and Ferb, but it is definitely one of the better cartoons of this decade.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I love this show. It's actually pretty good for a Disney show. Phineas and Ferb is okay but not as good as Gravity Falls. I can't pick a favorite though--it's hard to pick between Dipper, Mabel and Robbie tbh.

I really like Gravity Falls. It's one of the better written kid shows. I could see it getting very interesting as it goes along and I look forward to it. Mable is also probably the best character on there.

Vernikova

Champion
It's a cute show. It isn't my cup of tea really but I can sit down and watch just fine. The animation is pretty good though and the opening is catchy.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
The theme song is amazing. I can stand it, but the only real reason I'm watching it is because I want to know more about the story.

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
This show just came to South Africa and I saw the first ep today! It's way better than what I was expecting! Either Dipper or Soos is my fav character.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Freshest original kids' 'toon in a while. I like Phineas and Ferb but they reek of cheesiness while Gravity Falls does an excellent job with parody and has an outstanding sense of humour.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Gravity Falls is just awesome. My favorite show. It's got humor as well as mystery.

[video=youtube;RidW8C-7eS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RidW8C-7eS4[/video]

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
This show is the only reason why I watch the Disney Channel. Caught it a while back and was quite baffled with how lightly the topic of death and murder is taken considering the channel its on.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Oh my god, I LOVE this show. I've seen a few quotes from the creator and all, and he knows what he's doing. Seriously. This was a show I didn't know I needed until now, and I'd say my life wouldn't have been complete without it. Okay, I was exaggerating there, but it's still pretty great and I'd definitely recommend it to ANYONE. Although it might not necessarily be some peoples' cup of tea, it's worth a try.

GreekAnalyzer

Rocket Admin
It's pretty good. I like the mysteries and the humor mixed into it.

Taichi

When Disney makes an animated cartoon, they get some decent results. Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, even Kick Buttowski and Fish Hooks are solid/not bad.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
One of the better shows on Disney at the moment. mixed with P&F, Vampire, and Shake it Up.

Mabel was my favorite on the show until they introduced Waddles. Now its a tie between the two.

Last edited:
After reading people's comments and looking it up, though I doubt it'll be able to beat P&F for me, I've decided to give Gravity Falls a shot. It just premiered on Disney recently where I'm at, but I missed it. ;n; Ahh well, I guess there's still the Internet.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't know when it's on, so I haven't seen it recently, but I discovered it was on when we were at Disneyland in July. We were just watching the Disney Channel one night (because LOL DISNEY) when this show came on, and we were just laughing the entire time. But I've only seen a couple of episodes, so I don't have much to discuss other than the fact the humor is well-played. And lots of radar-breaking moments, too. Ohhhhhh yeah.

Mom didn't think the gnome throwing up rainbows on a loop during the credits was funny. Dad was laughing the entire time, but Mom just sat there with a look on her face that said, "WTF are we watching?" Of course, she loves Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls reminds me of it a little bit, so I don't know. Though to be honest, that part with the vomiting gnome reminded me of Grim Adventures.

I don't know when it's on, so I haven't seen it recently, but I discovered it was on when we were at Disneyland in July. We were just watching the Disney Channel one night (because LOL DISNEY) when this show came on, and we were just laughing the entire time. But I've only seen a couple of episodes, so I don't have much to discuss other than the fact the humor is well-played. And lots of radar-breaking moments, too. Ohhhhhh yeah.

Mom didn't think the gnome throwing up rainbows on a loop during the credits was funny. Dad was laughing the entire time, but Mom just sat there with a look on her face that said, "WTF are we watching?" Of course, she loves Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls reminds me of it a little bit, so I don't know. Though to be honest, that part with the vomiting gnome reminded me of Grim Adventures.

I don't know. I don't think it's as disturbing as Grim Adventures, but I can see where you're coming from with the randomness of most of the stuff.
I just love the interactions with the siblings. And the soundtrack. Oh the soundtrack.
Plus Mabel is the best thing ever, so.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
Well....it seems as if we are not getting a new episode until 2013. Darn Disney channel no one wants to watch "Dog With A Blog".