1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest Epic Finales in the Pokemon series (HEAVY SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by shoz999, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:52 PM.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

Greatest Epic Finales in the Pokemon series! This could range from the epic battle of truths and ideals between you and N at the Pokemon League in Pokemon Black and White to Serena giving Ash his first kiss at the end of the Pokemon League! I'll start with mine! And remember, since these are conclusions to different types of storylines, it will of course have TONS of spoilers. What do you think is the GREATEST EPIC FINALE of all of Pokemon personally? I'll start things off with my absolute favorite!

Pokemon Adventures GSC Arc - THE ULTIMATE FANSERVICE TO SURPASS METAL GEAR.
    OH MYYYY GAWD WHERE DO I FREAKING BEGIN!?!?!?!?!!??! THIS IS THE STORY ARC THAT WILL MAKE ALL YOU VIDEO GAME FANBOYS AND FANGIRLS SCREAM IN EXCITEMENT TO YOUR INNER CHILDHOOD!!!!!

The funny thing about this is... this is true. You may actually scream in excitement to your inner childhood to one of the greatest conclusions to Pokemon Adventures breakout story arc. What's a breakout story arc? In manga usually, it's a early story arc that is both memorable, popular and defines the manga's identity. The most example is Dragon Ball Z's Frieza Arc. Some people think it's that great and others think it's overrated because it defined the manga's identity to audiences across the world. For Pokemon Adventures, it's this amazing early breakout arc that gave Pokemon Adventures it's identity, the Gold, Silver and Crystal arc based on Gen 2. If you think about it, it's quite fitting that it's Gen 2, since Pokemon Gold and Silver are in many ways the main series breakout games. In fact it seems nearly all Pokemon fans who have finished reading the GSC arc have agreed that it is undoubtedly the best Pokemon fanservice in the history of Pokemon not only because it's just that freaking awesome and it's a huge callback to the games but because it's actually relevant to the plot. That's a huge problem with fan-service these days is that they often slow down the story for the sake of appealing to fans but here it actually enhances the story causing some fans like me to read it faster than usual. So let's see what makes this finale so awesome by splitting the GSC story arc's ending into further storylines. Also I'm not joking. SO MUCH HAPPENS in the finale of the GSC storyline.

The Gym Leader Tournament Storyline - Kanto vs. Johto - Sabrina's Mr. Mime is a BADASS!
    So one of the most iconic things about Pokemon are the Gym Leaders. In the Pokemon Gold and Silver games you can battle all 16 of them. However because Pokemon GSC sways away from the traditional "challenge Gym Leader" formula in favor of exploring the Pokemon world through almost everyone's viewpoints, what Kusaka did was he brilliantly implemented a Gym Leader Tournament featuring all 16 Gym Leaders, Kanto vs. Johto which ties together to the main plot. Honestly, this easily surpasses most Gym Battles, if not all of them, featured in any adaptation.

[​IMG]
    All 16 current Gym Leaders of Johto and Kanto participating in the tournament, from left to right. Surge, Misty, Sabrina, Blaine, Erika, Janine, Brock, Green, Morty, Clair, Jasmine, Pryce, Bugsy, Chuck, Falkner and Whitney.

The Pokemon Association, the organization behind the Pokemon League, wants to see which neighboring region would be the strongest, Johto or Kanto. So what they've decided to do is include the Gym Leader Tournament as part of the opening ceremonies of the Indigo League. The tournament is organized by this.

• Brock vs. Jasmine
    • Misty vs. Whitney
    • Janine vs. Falkner
    • Surge vs. Morty
    • Sabrina vs. Bugsy
    • Green vs. Chuck
    • Erika vs. Pryce
    • Clair vs. Blaine
    The battles are incredibly exciting. In fact I would have to say that the Gym Leader Tournament is easily a must-include in anyones Top Battle lists if you read the manga. This tournament really shows how these Gym Leaders are masters over their typings, that looks and type-advantages/disdavantages can be incredibly deceiving. For example Mr. Mime vs. Heracross...

[​IMG]
    Mr. Mime is often seen as a joke Pokemon by much of the Pokemon Community. Pokemon Adventures isn't as popular as the anime, so those who read this are in a shock of how badass and deceptively scary Mr. Mime can be.

In the Pokedex, it's explained that "Mr. Mime is a master of pantomime. Its gestures and motions convince watchers that something unseeable actually exists. Once it is believed, it will exist as if it were a real thing." In the anime, it's only shown that Mr. Mime can use reflect to create a simple cube. Here Sabrina, a master Psychic-type trainer, has Mr. Mime cleverly craft a house with stairs that a Pokemon could easily stumble in whereas Mr. Mime is safe up in the second floor. From here Mr. Mime can continue firing psybeam through the glass walls while Heracross, a physical user, stumbles in paranoia of how to get out of this trap. Seeing this made me realize how badass Mr. Mime can be. This is just one of the well-crafted battles you get to see in Pokemon GSC and it is JUST SO DAMN AWESOME!

The Gym Leaders of Kanto and Johto vs Team Rocket
    The second part of the big finale is Team Rocket's invasion of the Gym Leader Tournament through the Magnet Train!

[​IMG]
    THIS JUST GOT MORE AMAZING! Just when the Gym Leader Tournament is over, this happens! Things get even more intense once the 16 Gym Leader are separated, fighting different masses of Rocket Grunts!

Entei's Badass Introduction
    [​IMG]

FREAKING AWESOME! I AM SCREAMING LIKE A EXCITED CHILD INSIDE!

The GS Ball, the Pokeball to capture time itself.
    [​IMG]

Unlike the anime, the GS Ball is not only relevant here, it's part of the villains end-game plans and is his reason for invading the Indigo League. Kurt, the famous PokeBall maker, is attending the ceremonies with his granddaughter. It's explained that the Pokeball is a Pokeball designed, with the materials of the Rainbow and Silver feather, to capture time itself.

Misty, Blaine and Surge, chosen by the Legendary Beats, team up!
    [​IMG]

These Gym Leaders are masters over Electric, Water and Fire type, so it's quite shocking but fitting that Raikou, Suicune and Entei chose them over everyone else they battled.

Red finally realizes Yellow is a girl. He has the funniest reaction on his face.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a great moment for Pokemon Adventure fans because Yellow, even though she looks like she's from the games, is actually a main character exclusive to the manga who is popular with the Adventure fans. To explain things she disguised herself as a boy as a secret identity to deal with the villains of the Yellow story arc. Red is the only character from Gen 1 who did not realize that she was not only a girl but she was actually someone he saved from the dangers of the Viridian Forest long ago when they were much younger. So who is Yellow? Well to sum up what one YouTube comment I saw that held top spot in the Pokemon Channel, Yellow's an angel! Not literally of course.

Almost all 251 Pokemon have came to help by fighting the controlled Lugia and Ho-Oh
    [​IMG]

AAAAH! THIS IS JUST SO AMAZING!

Pika and ChuChu's child is born, Pibu the Pichu! Gold gets his title!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So many of you know Ash's Pikachu of the anime series. The manga counterpart is Pika, Red's Pikachu. Pika has a girlfriend. Her name is ChuChu, Yellow's Pikachu. The two are at the daycare center and are shipped by canon Pokemon shipper, Jasmine lol. Yes, Jasmine is a shipper apparently. ChuChu lays an egg, much to Yellow's surprise. The one who successfully hatches this egg is Gold. He felt frusrated that Prof. Oak didn't seem to see any talents in him until he finally gave it to him. Gold is a talented Pokemon Breeder and that's his official title as a Pokedex Holder. What are Pokedex Holder titles? They are titles given to Pokemon trainers known for specific talents.
    • Red the Battler - He's a genius when it comes to Pokemon battling
    • Green the Trainer - He trains his Pokemon rigorously
    • Blue the Evolver - She's an expert on Pokemon evolution
    • Yellow the Healer - She's known for her healing capabilities
    • Gold the Breeder - He's a Pokemon Breeder who helped hatched Togepi and Pichu
    • Silver the Exchanger - He's an expert of Pokemon trading and it's benefits, like trade evolution.
    • Krys the Capturer - Gotta Catch Em' All! Gotta Catch Em' All! Pokemon! That pretty much sums up her duty and she literally catches every single Pokemon of the Johto region so fast that not even Prof. Oak can keep up with her.

Every Gen 1 and Gen 2 Protagonist vs. The Main Antagonist of the GSC arc

[​IMG]
    The Pokedex Holders and their starter evolutions team up together in one final showdown against the overarching villain of the GSC story arc.

Young Prof. Oak and his friends having fun together.
    [​IMG]
    Not so different from other groups of friends you see in the manga or anime, Oak and his companions were adventurers who had a lot of fun together. Unfortunately something happened that ended those fun times and similar to Agatha, Prof. Oak's past comes to haunt the main characters.

A Boy and his Lapras
    [​IMG]

So how does it end? It ends on quite a light-hearted note. Everyone is smiling, hugging each other, some with tears of joys expressing their happiness. However Pryce is possibly the most happiest out of what's happening here, reuniting Lapras to his family.

A Bright Future

[​IMG]
    And it all ends with the first Gen 1 and Gen 2 teams hanging out together on a hillside, looking out to the bright future that shines upon them. So anyways, if you read through all of this, what are your favorite finales that you believe is the very best of the series?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 11:18 PM
  2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie Wants to see your insides.

That's a hard one, hm...

Pokémon 2000, probably because of Lugia's Song playing in the background as the balance of harmony heals. Was quite a delight in theaters. Team Rocket and Slowking breaking the fourth wall at the end was the cherry on top.

The ending of GSC where you fight Red. The fight with N and Ghetsis was cool and all, but there was still more things to do after that, like defeating the Pokémon League for reals real. Red was the true final battle in the game, no punches pulled, coming almost out of nowhere but was honestly foreshadowed.

Fighting Mewtwo in Pokémon Puzzle League. (Do spin-off games even count?)

shoz999 likes this.
  3. Dragalge

Dragalge Your balloon got popped!

Stop posting loads of fat images at once like keep them in spoiler tags ffs.

Anyway for me it would probably have to be the end of BW1. The ending music is one of my all time favorite pieces in Pokemon.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

It has been done my lady. I have been going on quite a Pokemon game craze lately.

5. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Some things are necessary.

Well, my favorite movie is Spell of the Unown and it does have one of the greatest finales. The Unown are perfectly alien and Charizard and Pikachu get to shine.

shoz999 likes this.
  6. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

I particularly enjoyed the end credits scene where Molly reunites with her parents. Such a sweet moment at the end of the dark tunnel, wouldn't you say?

You know what's another particularly sweet moment at the end of the dark tunnel? Lusamine regaining her sanity, looking at Lilly as her daughter, not as some doll to throw away as, for the first time in a long while. That and accompinied by the greatest credits scenes in Pokemon main series history, featuring characters continuing on with their lives, having fun with a final photo of you, Lilly and Hau together.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 12:38 AM