• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

greatest moment in pokemon

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
My first victory over Evice, probably...

Mr.FusRoDah

I got one that beats all of y'all. It was october 20ish, 2010. I was playing HG, roaming the desert side of the Safari Zone. I was just goofing off, and came across a fearow. I was thinking "Okay...wait, why is it greenish gold? Does that mean it's a...OH SNAP! A SHINY! IN THE SAFARI ZONE? CRAP, THE RISK FACTOR HERE IS GREAT!". So I threw the first ball, praying to Jesus to catch it. It broke out, watched carefully. Second time, same as the first attempt, still didn't flee. Third time, I CAUGHT IT! Level 16 fearow. Now a level 44, resting it's wings in my White. Greatest. Capture. Ever.

Last edited:
Well I remember like 5 years back I was playing FireRed and in the patch of grass right after Viridian Forest and right before Pewter City I found a shiny Pidgey. Back then I didn't even know what a shiny was. And then the first time I played Diamond I found a shiny Geodude in Oreburgh gym. I caught it. But I forgot to save .-. Then there was the time I caught Zekrom with just a pokeball on my first try. But then I found out that his capture rate was 45. Oh and here's my last one. The first time I beat the elite 4 on Diamond: I was camping and my DS was on red. It was Cynthia's last pokemon. But then my faithful Empoleon ran out of PP (all other pokemon were dead). So then I had to use struggle. I still won though :D.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Wow... Honestly, I can't pick just one moment. SO many great moments have happened while playing Pokemon... So, I guess I'll just list a few off the top of my head.

-Completing FireRed/LeafGreen for the first time. Call me a "Genwunner" if you will, but my fist Pokemon games were RBY, so the climactic confrontation betwen Red and Green, lifelong rivals, at the Indigo Plateau just brings me a rush of energy that no other battle ever can or will. I know exactly how it feels to have a rival who always seems to be just a step ahead of you, and I feel this battle reflects it perfectly. Red has fought his way through eight Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, not to mention single-handedly taking down Team Rocket in the process. And now, just as his goal, the title of Champion, is within reach, who steps right out to take it from him? GARY... er, Green. Anyway, this battle is timeless and legendary, and reliving the famous final clash between my Charizard and Green's Blastoise ALWAYS gets me excited!

-Completing Pokemon Colosseum for the first time. This particular title is the only Pokemon game I've played cooperatively. A good friend of mine visited me the day I received the game as a gift, and we decided to conquer Story Mode. Over the next few weeks, we played every chance we could, and built a good number of memories. Our team: Espeon, Umbreon, Meganium, Entei, Suicune, and Ampharos, grew in strength and overcame impossible odds time and again. Finally, came the final, climactic battle against Nascour (or so we thought). Completing the gauntlet of trainers before Nascour was tough enough! After a long and arduous battle, our team pulled through, and we decided to use the Master Ball to catch Nascour's Metagross. Just when we thought we had won, the true final boss, Evice, stepped out of the shadows to give me one of the biggest surprises in any video game. Realizing our team was fully healed, we engaged in a truly final duel, and managed to win, even snagging Evice's Tyranitar in an Ultra Ball. At long last, we had won, and Orre was safe. Seeing Ho-Oh fly away at the game's ending gave us a true sense of completion, and helped cement a friendship that stands to this day. Many years have passed, and I've still kept and trained the Metagross we captured (as featured in my signature). Sure, it doesn't have perfect stats, but its sentimental value outweighs any competetive statistic, to me, anyway. :)

Vandslaux

The ending of BW. As in, when N says farewell.

smartie

Has to be either getting Meganium and Machamp to level 100 in Gold by endlessly defeating the leageu or beating Red the day after.

Orbis

What?
Beating Juan with my Lu-di-co-lo, Lu-di-co-lo in Emerald. Excerpt:

"Kingdra used STRUGGLE!"
*Luidolo's hp drops to 1*
"Kingdra was hit with recoil!"
"Kingdra fainted!"
me: OH F YEAH!

And I caught rayquaza, green gealth with a poke ball. Suck on that, chuggaaconroy.