1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest song in a video game.

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Nido Knight #034, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Nido Knight #034

Nido Knight #034 Skull-One

OVGD I want to know what is the greatest song that you have ever heard in a video game. Please include the title of the game it is from, the title of the song, name of the band, a link to the song or a sample, and reason why you like it.

Personally I love the opening from Macross VF-X2 for PlayStation.

The song is called Get Free by Humming Bird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXQaB8aM380

I like it because is reminds me of classic 80's rock music and I always think Queen could have done an amazing English version of the song.

2. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

^That's actually a pretty badass song.

Now when you said "name of the band" I got a little confused. Do you want people to say their favourite song that is background music like Gerudo Desert or The Super Mario Bros. theme or something from Shadow of the Colossus or Final Fantasy? Or do you want the kind of songs that have a beginning and end that don't loop and have lyrics?

3. Night_Walker

Night_Walker Well-Known Member

Instrumental version of "Mad World" by Gary Jules in Gears of War 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjY1WYB3We0

The cut-scene it is part of is already moving but when "Mad World" starts it just hits another emotional level.

4. Nido Knight #034

I should have worded that better name of the artist how plays the song or wrote the song I can't think of a good word that uses a broad enough meaning.

5. the3rdH0kage

the3rdH0kage Turn my Swag on!

The Halo 1 Theme!! It sets the tone of the game so well. Or Cynthia's Theme in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl I'm not quite sure if it's in Platinum though.

6. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

So any songs go? Alright time to bust out the old list that I use in every "best video game music" thread.

And I'll add some Dark Souls for good measure.
    Dark Souls - Taurus Demon
    Dark Souls - Ornstein & Smough
    Dark Souls - Great Grey Wolf Sif
    Dark Souls - Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

My all time favourite out of all these is The Legend of Zelda's Overworld Theme used throughout the series. A Link to the Past probably has the best rendition.

7. Master Leo

Master Leo The Dark Side

DBZ Budokai 2 - Wild Soul
    DBZ Budokai 3 - Daybreak Battle, and Mission ~Make A New Legend~
    DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Dark Half
    DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - Edge of Spirt, Evolution, Shine, Burning Up, and Shootout in Meteor

FF I - Battle
    FF VI - Terra Theme
    FF X - Otherworld
    FF XIII - Blinded by Light (Dissidia version)
    FF VII - One Winged Angel ( Dissidia and KH versions)
    FF Dissidia - Dissidia, and Chaos battle themes

Sonic Heroes - Team Dark theme and Team Chaotix theme
    Shadow the Hedgehog - Opening theme, Black Comet, and Final Haunt

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Sacred Moon, Darkness of the Unknown, A fight to the Death, Tension Rising, Sanctuary, and Dive into the Heart
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Xion's theme

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  8. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Hill Top Zone from Sonic 2.

9. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

If it's by an orchestra, I usually love it.

10. Midnite♪

Midnite♪ Angelic

League of Legends - Dominion
    It's a long song, though mainly because different parts of the song play depending on how drawn-out and/or how close a match is. Pretty much the music become more epic later on in a long, neck-to-neck battle.

11. Night Shadow

Night Shadow BRRAAP BRRAAP

12. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Let's see, oh gosh, tons of Zelda and Kingdom Heart songs incoming:

I never played Ocarina of Time, but I still love the music from what I've heard.
    Twilight Princess has some awesome soundtracks
    Midna's Lament, Midna's theme, Hyrule field theme, Sacred Grove (Lost Woods), Temple of Time (beginning, not the dungeon theme), Stallord, and others I can't think of at the moment.

Skyward Sword: Almost all of the songs XD I loved them

Kingdom Hearts II: I don't even know what all the songs are called since they have cryptic names lol but I love Sanctuary, Simple and Clean, Dearly Beloved, Rage Awakened, Fate of the Unknown, and Oh my gosh, I just love that series XD I feel like I'm fangirling all over the place LOL

13. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

14. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

15. Night Shadow

Yup. It was during the final boss, when you fight Neptune in the Krusty Krab.

16. Todoserugi

Todoserugi Never Forget

The opening song from Tekken 5 - Sparking.

17. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

Maybe it's just me, but the final boss from the game and the actual Goofy Goober Rock are distinctly different.

18. Night Shadow

19. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

20. Nido Knight #034

Yes that is a great song I love the original by Twisted Sister.