• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Greetings, from your friendly neighborhood Bug Maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peptodismal

Bug Maniac
;402; ;413-i; ;214; ;204; :545: ;348; ;213; :596: ;292; ;212; ;284; :637: ;291; ;283; ;267; ;313;
Hi, I'm Pepto. I like bugs.

When it comes to pokemon, I don't know a lot, but I like to think that in the past two years of playing it, I was instructed by.... well, she's a master, and she made me play FireRed first before letting me play Pokémon X. That's where my journey began.

I made a lot of mistakes in Pokémon, and I still do. But it wasn't until my best friend told me that there was a Pokémon that forever had 1 Hit Point and was literally invincible except to super effective attacks that I found my true calling.

Shedinja was the coolest Pokémon I had ever known, and it was all because of my best friend who was flipping through her Official guide to the original Pokémon Emerald and trying to teach me more about Pokémon.

That's where it escalated.

I delved in bugs. I thought bugs were pretty cool because they were sorta the underdogs when it came to Pokémon. People see bugs and think, Oh this battle is going to be easy. I wanted to base a team around Shedinja, with a focus sash, and I guess... bugs happened. Lots and lots of bugs.

Then I became a Bug Type Gym Leader in a local convention with my best friend. I always think of how silly I seem carrying all these bug Pokémon online in battles, but I always want to surprise people with them, and I think I do. I don't always use Shedinja anymore, having delved into so many bugs I picked the ones that I did like more for my team, but Shedinja will always be my favorite.

;292;

....this has been the ramblings of a Bug Maniac. I'm glad to have joined Serebii, and I hope to make some friends here. :D

peptodismal

Bug Maniac
YEAH! I love bugs. :D
That's why they call me.... the BUG MANIAC.
*dramatic sound* DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNNNNNN

KingDon9162

Lol. Well welcome to Serebii, ye great lover of bugs. I hope you have a great time here and make lots of bugs...Ummm I mean friends! Great to have you onboard.

Darato

(o,..,o)
Welcomes to SPPF!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Hello pepto,
Welcome to Serebii. You know, you're lucky, I'd have made you start with Red/Blue.
I used to think of bugs as weak, since they're fully evolved early and weak to several types (including the popular flying gyms), but since my bug mono type challenge, I've got a better appreciation.
Let me know if you've got any questions or need any help.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Hi there Bug type lover. Great to see someone else who likes them. Shedinja is indeed a interesting bug. Maybe you can claim Shedinja. (as long as someone else who is active here didn't) I hope you have fun here ^^
My No.1 Pokémon is Scyther btw.

peptodismal

Bug Maniac
Hello pepto,
Welcome to Serebii. You know, you're lucky, I'd have made you start with Red/Blue.
I used to think of bugs as weak, since they're fully evolved early and weak to several types (including the popular flying gyms), but since my bug mono type challenge, I've got a better appreciation.
Let me know if you've got any questions or need any help.

Oh she had Red and Blue, but we didn't have a way to play those at the time, all I had was a DS lite. I've heard all about the old ones, she likes to play the old music and laugh at Pokémon's old pixely-sounding horrible noises they called a cry back then(and proceeded to amaze me by naming all the pokemon by just hearing their cries when I scrolled through the Pokémon X Pokedex).

And bugs are awesome! I think that the only real issues I've ever had were with the Gale wings Talonflame, but I've gotten to a point where I've learned to counter it.

Pink Hazard said:
Hi there Bug type lover. Great to see someone else who likes them. Shedinja is indeed a interesting bug. Maybe you can claim Shedinja. (as long as someone else who is active here didn't) I hope you have fun here ^^
My No.1 Pokémon is Scyther btw.

If I could do that <.<
Also, Scyther is a great pokemon, although I really like Scizor, too. Choice band Scizor with Technician is one of my favorite leads!!

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Welcome oh Bug Maniac. XD I must admit, I don't quite like bugs the way you do (other than the Venipede and Scyther line) but I'm that way with dragons. XP, but you've got a point in that they're fascinating. Otherwise there wouldn't be scientists studying them. XP Shedinja being one of the very interesting ones. Hope you have a good time in the forums! Oh, and PASBL too.

Oh she had Red and Blue, but we didn't have a way to play those at the time, all I had was a DS lite. I've heard all about the old ones, she likes to play the old music and laugh at Pokémon's old pixely-sounding horrible noises they called a cry back then(and proceeded to amaze me by naming all the pokemon by just hearing their cries when I scrolled through the Pokémon X Pokedex).

Ha ha. XD Although I can't quite reach the level your friend can, I have been able to identify several Pokémon by their cry alone. XP

Oh, and don't worry about being short on experience. My first Pokémon game was Leafgreen about...seven years ago? Didn't know about the older games until about two years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.