1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Grin To Win! (137)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - The Johto Journeys' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Grin To Win!

When meeting a trainer who wants to take part in a Sunflora contest, they find out that her best Sunflora is really depressed. It turns out it misses a friend Sunflora. Can Ash & Co. find the long lost Sunflora before the Contest?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

This is another one of those third season episodes that I'm not all that fond of because nothing really happens in it. It did have a few good moments- Brock thinking one sunflora is on steroids, the debut of Meowth's sunflora costume, Meowth helping with Sonrisa's sunflora by translating for it- but othewise this episode isn't all that great.

3. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

wow sunflora can get big! fun to watch, but the sunflora look weak in this episode

4. BlueEyesUltamiteDragon204

BlueEyesUltamiteDragon204 Kanto Gym Leader

This is one of my favorite episodes. Meowth was pretty funny doing a Sunflora imitation. Also, I love when Ash's Chikorita helps Pikachu break the mirrors (which makes Sunflora's head grow big) by bumping into him as he uses thunderbolt to break the mirrors.

5. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

I didn't understand why TR didn't bother to steal the Sunflora and went for noodles instead.

6. squirtleboy12

squirtleboy12 christian 4ever

dosnt make sense just a filler but at least a little emotional

6/10

7. Alright, we see Sunfloras, but this is the first appearance of the funny Meowth-Sunflora disguise, lol

8. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

A nice feel good episode coming off of Charizard leaving Ash's team. I got a laugh out of Misty springing Meowth then bossing him around.

9. bhrettzerda053

bhrettzerda053 I have returned.....

The wackiest thing in this episode is when Meowth dressed up in a Flora costume to compete in that contest. Anyway, it doesn't know some moves from a Sunflora.

10. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

i luaghed when meowth had to dress up like a sunflora, TR allways has funny actions you know.

11. Mr. Smile

Mr. Smile Active Member

This episode was okay... Sunflora first deubt wasn't really that bad. I loved Team Rocket (especially Meowth) in this episode! ~Noodles~ :)

12. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

Urk... I didn't quite like this episode. Sunflora bore me... but hey Team Rocket apparently saw more value in noodles, which is sad D:

13. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

^ What she said. Sunflora are rather boring. One of the stupidest fillers ever.

14. BogleDominic Crazy Anime

BogleDominic Crazy Anime I love Pokemon!

Makes me laugh when brock says steroids. lol

15. BogleDominic Crazy Anime

BogleDominic Crazy Anime I love Pokemon!

Makes me laugh when brock says steroids. lol

16. schrik

schrik hysterical fan

Kinda useless (But after all, it's johto) But still good with some smiling passages.

17. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

I remember i watched this one when i was sick...it made my day..Sunflora is so cute ^_^

18. Hibachi

Hibachi Grass Pokemon Expert

I liked this episode. I like Sunfloras a lot..mainly because i like all grass pokemon :) I laughed at the part where Brock says that the Sunflora is probably on steroids. And Meowth's Sunflora costume was great. Although, I would have expected there to be more then two contestents in the contest, excluding Team Rocket.

19. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Great episode.... i loved Sunflora
    And i loved this tournament, it was great until TR arrived

20. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It was nice to see a good episode right before the gym battle saga. I loved it, the town itself was so green and peaceful, perfect for a Grass type episode.

I loved how cheerful all the Sunflora were when they were let outside of their greenhouse to enjoy the sprinklers and sun. Though that one "emo" Sunflora ruined it for me. How can a happy species with a grin on their face have a sad member?

The Contest at the end reminded me of a Pokemon Contest like we have now. Meowth as a Sunflora was CUTE! 9/10