• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

groudon best move set?

Night_Wing

~Bad Luck Streak~
Yeah, it took me a pretty long while to realise that it was Ghost, and after that... It took me a while to take in how lucky I was :p

Remember, HP Bug always works too... Just as long as it isn't Rock or Ground lol.

Come to think about it, it might be able to Physical Wall, just not very well...

EQ
RS
Substitute
Bulk Up

Might not be too bad an option :p

Supergodzilla1

Elementary my dear.
Eruption is hardly worth having. Since Groudon's HP will rarely hang around long enough to make use of it given the large quantity of water pokemon/specials. This is made worse by how slow Groudon is.

Solar Beam? His special is horrible. The base power and his ability makes it look good, but honestly it isn't. The ONLY use you'll get out of Solar Beam is another Groudon. But why bother?

My Groudon has:
Ancient Power (R/S didn't have Rockslide)
Earthquake
Sword Dance
Hidden Power Ghost.

I'll have to change mine soon. Given that it's been dragged over to D/P.

A degree of customization to your Groudon can make you happy. But if your aim is competitive play you need to take everyone's advice into account before settling with a final moveset. If you're just playing in your game, why are you asking for a moveset?

I don't know about substitute, if using focus punch then yes
Focus(Falcon) Punching Groudon is a nice choice if you can set up the Substitute without it being canceled immediately.

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
Assuming we're are in 3rd gen:

SDGroudon
Groudon@Lefties
Adamant/Jolly Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Hidden Power Ghost / Hidden Power Bug
~ Overheat / Rock Slide

CBGroudon
Groudon@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Hidden Power Bug / Hidden Power Ghost
~ Overheat

Brick Break and Body Slam are acceptable options if you can't get the Hidden Power you want, but you aren't going to be hitting much with Brick Break.

100 Base SpA may look powerful, but, especially in ubers, many pokemon have far superior SpD. You are better running off Groudon's HUGE 150 Base AtK (equal 5th highest in the game, 4th highest in 3rd gen). So any special attack (excluding fire moves) are pretty useless on Groudon. That means Solar Beam. Grass is a bad attacking type anyway.

Jessie2funny

Groudon best moveset

My groudon moveset in soul silver

Earthquake (for ground/steel pokemon)

Eruption/ Fire Blast/ Flamethrower

Thunderbolt (for water/flying pokemon)

Solarbeam

Cutty

Forever now
^This is 3rd gen thread..

Anyway: Earthquake, Sword Dance, Hidden Power: bug, Ancient Power.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Earthquake
Fire punch
Dynamic punch/brick break (hit or miss here)
Thunder punch/iron tail
Leftovers