• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre - Angels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Torena No Nazo

Well does this look like a female to you? It's an angel from Neon Genesis, "Lilith" supposedley the mother of all creation. Which would make sense in correspondance with Mew.

Oh, and I thought the Regi were also creations of mankind. Or am I horribly wrong? They could be an attempt of mankind trying to imitate a divine power. And that's why they were locked away, because they failed.

Maybe. I doubt they'd just "Find" some ledgendary Pokemon and lock them away just because they were too strong. Every ledgendary Pokemon is strong.

EDIT : This is a better picture I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

adamgnome

Argh, go to the, "What Pokemon are based on topic" and look at all three of them.

Groudon and Kyogre are based on Behemoth and Leviathan.

I guess you could go as far as to say that the end time from "Behemoth" and "Leviathan" could've created the Pokemon world. :p

www.wikipedia.com <Wikipedia Behemoth and Leviathan.

Everything about angels you said is interesting...but...doesn't make much sense.

And comparing Pokemon to Neon Genesis Evangelion? WTF?! ;249-d;

T

Torena No Nazo

It makes perfect sense to me. Because I'm strange and annoying.

DKzM0mA

Bring it.
It's a theory but the Neon Genesis is weirdO_O

I like how scarp leveled the legendaries*thumbs up* It makes sense. I don't exactly know how the regis were created but I don't think humans created things that powerful O_O.

T

Torena No Nazo

I'm pretty sure I read something like that though on the Braille messages in Hoenn...

S

spriter

Scrap said:
Mew's tiny, do you really think she could contain the DNA of all Pokemon? ;D
this has nothing to do with this subject Ontopic:Rayquaza stoped ther fighting to keep the land they made from being destroyed, Right?

indigestible_wad

Scrap said:
I don't think there's much to it. I imagine the sky was formed first, then rains fell, and then the earth was raised. I think that's the order of events it happened for Earth, unless my knowledge is wrong.

EDIT: Um....no. o.o;;; Is that true? If it was, it wasn't in the games. --;
Actually the earth was formed first. the atmosphere and oceans came basically at the same time, because water evaporated and created a temporary atmosphere, but the actual atmosphere that we know of didn't come for quite some time. Then the earth rose back up out of the sea again, and then the atmosphere we know, which was perfected by the marine plants and such. Atleast, that's how I see it.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
I've always like the idea hat they're just big ol' strong Pokemon with the Drought and Drizzle abilities. The two of them are so huge that they are almost always hibernating. Humans, beliving them to be gods, created the Red and Blue orbs, which (although they didn't really know) kind of kick-start their hormones, awakening them and getting them very ticked off, ala rampage. Not legendary, just freakin' strong.

XD I mainly like that because there are too many real "Gods" running around Pokeworld.

S

Shadowcat

They are called 'Ancients' or 'Titans' not 'Angels'. Kyogre and Groudon are Titans that expand the sea, and Rayquaza is the other titan who stops their battle. That's all, they're not really considered Angels.

Another Fan

Nothing Special
I always considered them the gods that created the world. As in legends. First there was nothing, then there was mew, etc. You know. To me, they are gods not angels. I don't see who would they be angels to. I like accepting pokemon world having gods because they already have the paranormal and supernatural. I see no reason not to. Also, it is fun making theories on the subject. Do you want to hear?

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
I'd call them gods, but not angels. My hierarchy tends to run alongside Scrap's, but I bumped Lugia up and Jirachi down:

Gods/Psychic Triad: Mew (Air), Celebi (Earth), Lugia (Water)
Demi-Gods: Jirachi (Dreams), Houou (Resurrection)
Location-specific Gods: Have jurisdiction only over a specific area but opinions can be overruled by the Triad. Rayquaza (Air; jurisdiction over Hoenn), Groudon (Ground; Hoenn), Kyogre (Water; Hoenn), Latios and Latias (Alto Mare)
Avatars/Messengers: Legendary Bird triad, Legendary Beast triad, Regirock/Registeel/Regice

T

Torena No Nazo

Well, back to Neon Genesis again, the Angels are bad. They kill people. It's against the usual concept. Yet they are Angels. See? My theory is derived from this. So why not.

A

adamgnome

Torena No Nazo said:
Well, back to Neon Genesis again, the Angels are bad. They kill people. It's against the usual concept. Yet they are Angels. See? My theory is derived from this. So why not.

:|

The Angels in Neon Genesis Evangelion, were a mistranslation of the word messanger. They're the messangers.

Groudon = Behemoth
Kyogre = Leviathan

In the Bible they were said to be hugeassed monstered that would battle at the end of times. Sound familar?

mewtwo1414141414

Sea Ruby Trainer
"Kyogre" is a Romanization of the original Japanese name Kaiohga, meaning "Ocean-Orca". The "orca" was changed by the translators to "ogre". Therefore, its English name should be pronounced "Kai-oh-guhr." Since orcas are the largest members of the dolphin family, Kyogre is a big blue orca that summons rain into battle."

Quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyogre
But he is based off of Leviathan(at least thats what I think).

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
Scrap said:
I sort of imagined the hierachy to follow as goes:

Transcendent: Mew, created all life (she has everyone's DNA so I assumed everything came from her.) Celebi, watches over time's progression. Jirachi, guardian of the stars or fate or whatever. >.o

First-Level Titans: Ho-oh, resurrects (resumption) and Lugia, watches over the oceans. Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, controls the weather correspondant to each element.

Second-Level: Latios and Latias, guardian of Altomare...Regirock, Registeel, Regice, guardians of whatever but were sealed away due to being too powerful.

Third-Level: The three birds and beasts were created by Lugia and Ho-oh, and serve as overseers of the land, watching and stuff. o.o;

Zapdos and the others are of waether too. And the Entei and them are watchers of Ho-Oh.

mewtwo1414141414

Sea Ruby Trainer
"Biology
Kyogre, physically, is a whale with large fins in the shape of heiroglyphic wings, and a stylized bird-like tail instead of typical flukes. Kyogre represents the primal force of the oceans, opposed to Groudon (the primal force of the land), and as such it has the power to bring forth storms, constant rain, and massive floods. It is part of the creation myth of the nameless world Pokémon is set in; according to legend, a titanic battle between it and Groudon created the oceans and the land, and the two were sealed beneath their respective elements.

Kyogre and Groudon have a relationship similar to the Leviathan and Behemoth in Jewish mythology. In Jewish mythology, Leviathan is the primal unstoppable monster of the oceans, just as Behemoth is the primal unconquerable monster of the land. (Rayquaza may also be based on Ziz, another creature of Jewish mythology, as according to one Jewish myth the meat of the three creatures is to be served at the banquet at the End Times. This link is somewhat more tenative, however.) Their appearances are even similar to the traditional depictions of the creatures from Jewish myth: Kyogre is a stylized whale, and Groudon is a sloped, heavily-built quadruped with a particularly powerful tail."

Quoted from, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyogre

So Groudon and Kyogre are based off of Behemoth and Leviathan but it's new too me that Rayquaza could be based off of Ziz(who I never ever herd of).
Here is information on Ziz, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziz

A

adamgnome

Mewtwo, that was all in the "What Pokemon are based on." topic awhile back. X_x

But I never saw that article and it sums it all up, and is a nice find!!

It's also interesting that the three Regi Pokemon are based on Jewish mythlodgy too. It's also weird that apparently Rukario controls them or something. Maybe the next Generation legendaries will be Egyptian? <All that's a bit offtopic though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I thought to Mewtwo1414141414 about the Biology about Groundon and Kyroge.

;003;Dark Venusaur;003;

Status
Not open for further replies.