• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Ground Type Pokemon Club~

How to best upgrade this club?

• Rank Up Post System (userbar ranks)

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Start An All Ground CCAT

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other: (pm/vm me ideas)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Gliscor is a generally fast Ground Type. Good Atk. & Ground/Flying (I think that's the typing) is pretty good typing! Dugtrio could be speedy with good EVs!

I love Gliscor. I have one that I bred/trained myself and I often use it to solo the pokemon league. I have also considered dugtrio, but its main best stat is speed.
I have been using Garchomp more lately, now that my Hydreigon will have 5 weaknesses....It has been working out well also.

Latch

Funky Fresh
I love Gliscor. I have one that I bred/trained myself and I often use it to solo the pokemon league. I have also considered dugtrio, but its main best stat is speed.
I have been using Garchomp more lately, now that my Hydreigon will have 5 weaknesses....It has been working out well also.

Yea, can't ever go wrong w/ Garchomp! There are very limited speedy Ground Types. Mostly used for raw power/sweeping. Flygon can also be very speedy, again, with the correct EV's.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yea, can't ever go wrong w/ Garchomp! There are very limited speedy Ground Types. Mostly used for raw power/sweeping. Flygon can also be very speedy, again, with the correct EV's.

True, even with the introduction of the Fairy type, Garchomp only has three weaknesses. :p

I agree about ground types and their use for sweeping. That is what I generally use mine for.
I have considered breeding a Flygon, but I have not bothered to do one yet.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Probably you're best bet for Speed & Dragon/Ground, plus it's sweeping tank OU.

True, seeing as part of remaking my team would mean a new ground and dragon types (my old dragon has too many weaknesses and my old ground is too slow).
So having both in one pokemon (especially one that is actually useful, not to mention pretty great) is a good thing.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Until, you run into the occasional HP (Ice) Special Sweeper that just takes out Dragons like it's job, aha. Be careful with it, though.

Let's stick on the topic of Ground Types.

I believe Flygon is faster than Garchomp...yes?
I just checked, and Flygon's base speed is 100, while Garchomp's is 102.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Are you joking!? xD By 2!? Garchomp is truly OP, I love it, though.

Yes, it is faster by 2 XD. I love both their designs, and I have used Flygon for my first playthoughs (including my black 2), but I still prefer Garchomp. I just wish that its shiny form was more (well, more like "actually") impressive.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yea, the Dragon shinies never do it for me xD

Flygon's design is one of my favorites, though!

Yeah, the ground-type shinies are not bad.

Flygon's design=great. It so fits its nickname of "The Desert Spirit."

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Hippodown's is awesome, IMO.

& it really was and great introduction in R/S/E.

Yeah, I also love Groudon. I mean, a gold Groudon? What's not to like?

And yes, Flygon was just one of the many great pokemon introduced in the third gen.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Gold Groudon + Flygon = One of the MANY reasons 3rd Gen is so good.

Ahhhh, 3rd Gen Ground types...

Yes, MANY, definitely. I love how like half that region is based on the ground type.

Swampert, Groudon, Flygon Camerupt.... Gen 3 ground types are great.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Probably my favorites, actually. I do like Semistoad (bad spelling).

"Siesmitoad" :) I used it on my first fifth gen playthrough.
I like it, but with it being even slower then Swampert, I do not really use it.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Swampert is one of my favorites, obviously my favorite ground type.
I love the ground/water types. I just wish they were faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.