• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Ground Type Pokemon Club~

How to best upgrade this club?

• Rank Up Post System (userbar ranks)

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Start An All Ground CCAT

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other: (pm/vm me ideas)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Things seem to be shaking a bit so I will post tomorrow a pokemon of the week to keep things moving,so everyone can feel free to vote on. New topic:if you could start a pokemon journey with a ground starter pokemon who would you select? (Pre evolved form since its level 5 lol I would select geodude and train it all the way up to my fav pokemon golem :)

Well, discounting swampert, seeing as mudkip is pure water, and gible would just be unfair, I am not really sure. :p

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Trapinch. Nice choice. Strong but not overpowered :p.

Hmmm. I might actually go with Gligar. Gliscor ftw.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yeah. That is why I would not choose one of the stronger ground types. It would be too easy.

GenerationThird

I would start a journey with Trapinch. Weak at first, but it turns into Flygon, one of the best Ground types.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I would start a journey with Trapinch. Weak at first, but it turns into Flygon, one of the best Ground types.

Yes, Flygon has one of the more interesting ground-type combinations.

GenerationThird

Yes, Flygon has one of the more interesting ground-type combinations.

I still don't understand what makes Flygon a Ground type. I understand Trapinch, but Vibrava and Flygon seem more like Bug/Flying or Dragon/Flying.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I still don't understand what makes Flygon a Ground type. I understand Trapinch, but Vibrava and Flygon seem more like Bug/Flying or Dragon/Flying.

I agree. I always thought that Flygon somewhat resembled a bug.

GenerationThird

I agree. I always thought that Flygon somewhat resembled a bug.

I also always wondered how the heck a Trapinch becomes a Vibrava and Flygon. Recently I figured out it was based on a bug in real life.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I also always wondered how the heck a Trapinch becomes a Vibrava and Flygon. Recently I figured out it was based on a bug in real life.

yeah. I do not remember what real-life bug at the moment though.

Latch

Funky Fresh
Well Vibrava resembles a bug for sure, haha.

From Bulbapedia: Flygon is a large insect-like dragon Pokémon resembling a slightly reptilian bipedal dragonfly, primarily light green in color. Flygon has a pair of large green rhombus-shaped wings with a red trim, toeless hind legs and skinny arms with three-clawed hands. Flygon's tail has several dark green stripes and three small green rhombus shapes with red trims at the end. Flygon has red-lensed "goggles" covering its eyes and a pair of green antennae which point back.

I forgot what bug it was. But, DRAGONfly makes sense. xD

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
^That above description makes sense.

Especially with the sandstorm protection, the eyes do seem like goggles.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Watch out for the one liners, buddy!

I think the red bulbs around his eyes are protection against Sandstorms. Just a guess.

*Ahem* it was a congregation of your aforementioned dissolution of collective information. watch out.

but yeah, I think that the bulbs are there to protect against sandstorms.
I wonder what other ground types have protection against sandstorms.

BugPokemonMaster316

Following the question asked on the last page, I would start my journey with a Rhyhorn.

It isn't too strong at first and takes awhile to train, but it would be very useful as a Rhydon with an Eviolite.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I can get touchy occasionally XD, especially when an equal makes a comment. No worries :)

Back on topic, do you think that other ground types have protection to keep them from being harmed in sandstorms?

Like Sandslash's spines, numerous ground types' armor, Excadrill's spikes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.