• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Ground Type Pokemon Club~

How to best upgrade this club?

• Rank Up Post System (userbar ranks)

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Start An All Ground CCAT

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other: (pm/vm me ideas)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Rhyhorn is so hard to train. But, it's extremely rewarding. Rhydon can learn Surf, always thought that was interesting.

I agree with the surf thing. Also, I find it odd that Nidoking can learn it as well.

That makes me wonder: How can Rhyperior learn moves like ice beam and toxic?
But anyways rhyhorn is an interesting choice.

BugPokemonMaster316

Rhyhorn is so hard to train. But, it's extremely rewarding. Rhydon can learn Surf, always thought that was interesting.

Yes, I always thought that was interesting. In the anime, surf is shown by riding a large wave, but in-game it didn't make sense that a Rhydon could swim.

@ oarfish. I think that most Ground types don't have specific protection. Most have presumably hard, strong bodies capable of withstanding bits of rock flying at them. They have overall adapted to the harsh conditions.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yes, I always thought that was interesting. In the anime, surf is shown by riding a large wave, but in-game it didn't make sense that a Rhydon could swim.

@ oarfish. I think that most Ground types don't have specific protection. Most have presumably hard, strong bodies capable of withstanding bits of rock flying at them. They have overall adapted to the harsh conditions.

Not to go into the theory of evolution (just in case it upsets anyone), but perhaps their bodies, like you said, "evolved" over time to withstand sandstorms.
That would make sense seeing as the fully evolved pokemon have more "armor", while their pre-evolutions have less.

BugPokemonMaster316

Not to go into the theory of evolution (just in case it upsets anyone), but perhaps their bodies, like you said, "evolved" over time to withstand sandstorms.
That would make sense seeing as the fully evolved pokemon have more "armor", while their pre-evolutions have less.

I prefer the term adapted. I don't believe in the theory of evolution. In the Pokémon games, the creatures are going through stages in their life cycle, similar to metamorphosis.

Yes, but back to the topic of Ground types. Yes, they tend to be more armored as the evolve. However, I like that Pokémon such as Krookodile and Gliscor do not become very bulky huge creatures. They are somewhat fast with great attack, Gliscor in particular

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I prefer the term adapted. I don't believe in the theory of evolution. In the Pokémon games, the creatures are going through stages in their life cycle, similar to metamorphosis.

Yes, but back to the topic of Ground types. Yes, they tend to be more armored as the evolve. However, I like that Pokémon such as Krookodile and Gliscor do not become very bulky huge creatures. They are somewhat fast with great attack, Gliscor in particular

I love Gliscor. I find its speed to be what differentiates it from most other ground types.
As for Krookodile, I like it, but its 5 weaknesses prevents me from using it often. As for its bulkiness, it is not the most bulky, but it is more than say, Gliscor.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Another interesting thing, I believe Steelix can learn Flamethrower. Honestly, it's not very noticed but Ground Types have wide move pools.

Yes, but I suppose a snake breathing fire is most logical than a rock shooting a beam of ice....
I agree though, I love how versatile ground-types' movepools are.
I also love how many of them can learn fighting type moves, seeing as fighting type moves are quite versatile as well.

BugPokemonMaster316

I love Gliscor. I find its speed to be what differentiates it from most other ground types.
As for Krookodile, I like it, but its 5 weaknesses prevents me from using it often. As for its bulkiness, it is not the most bulky, but it is more than say, Gliscor.

I often use Krookodile on my in-game teams. He s very powerful.

Gliscor is probably the Ground type I use most competitively. Give it Poison Heal and Toxic Orb and your good to go. He can take a hit pretty well and deal out some heavy damage. Swords Dance, Acrobatics, E Quake, and Ice Fang is the set I run. Max Attack and Speed Ev's

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I often use Krookodile on my in-game teams. He s very powerful.

Gliscor is probably the Ground type I use most competitively. Give it Poison Heal and Toxic Orb and your good to go. He can take a hit pretty well and deal out some heavy damage. Swords Dance, Acrobatics, E Quake, and Ice Fang is the set I run. Max Attack and Speed Ev's

I would use DW Gliscor, but that raises the acrobatics paradox.
You know, acrobatics is x2 powerful without a hold item, but-wait, that is with the flying gem :p.
So either you want higher power for acrobatics, or the healing power of the toxic orb.

BugPokemonMaster316

I would use DW Gliscor, but that raises the acrobatics paradox.
You know, acrobatics is x2 powerful without a hold item, but-wait, that is with the flying gem :p.
So either you want higher power for acrobatics, or the healing power of the toxic orb.
Yes, but doesn't Acrobatics have BP 65? or is it 55? I know Aerial Ace has 60, so I'm probably better off using that.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yes, but doesn't Acrobatics have BP 65? or is it 55? I know Aerial Ace has 60, so I'm probably better off using that.

Acrobatics Base power is normally 55, but without an item, it doubles to 110.

It is one of my favorite flying moves (I do not really rely on hold items much).

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Only hold items I use are like: Leftovers, Life Orbs, Big Root and Air Balloon. There are limited items for Ground Types. Rocky Helmet is always useful, though.

I agree. I use leftovers, live orbs, and rocky helmet basically. I use amulet coin when I am battling in-game of course. Everyone likes money.
But yeah, rocky helmet+ground type=great.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
New Topic time.

If you could choose to be any Ground Type in the Pokemon World who would you choose?

I'd be Gligar. It's strong and can defend itself! In the anime that thing is adorable and just walks around like a boss. I just like it's design!

Do I even need to say it? Swampert :p. Swimming and on land, it is just great. I could stand on my back legs and look over a lake, and then jump in and swim across it.
I do like the idea of gligar/gliscor though. Flying everywhere, alighting on tall mountain peaks and cliffs. Swooping over the land, observing the great views.

Latch

Funky Fresh
Do I even need to say it? Swampert :p. Swimming and on land, it is just great. I could stand on my back legs and look over a lake, and then jump in and swim across it.
I do like the idea of gligar/gliscor though. Flying everywhere, alighting on tall mountain peaks and cliffs. Swooping over the land, observing the great views.

.-. totally forgot about Swampert. That'd be sick. Gligar is still awesome, though.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Just imagine if we were digletts though. (Or even dugtrios-one of us, or three of us? 0.o).
We could just pop up anywhere at any time. XD Easily surprising people, either alone or a trio.
Travelling quickly underground (but how do we breathe?)
Come to think of it, how DO diglett breathe underground?...........

GenerationThird

Just imagine if we were digletts though. (Or even dugtrios-one of us, or three of us? 0.o).
We could just pop up anywhere at any time. XD Easily surprising people, either alone or a trio.
Travelling quickly underground (but how do we breathe?)
Come to think of it, how DO diglett breathe underground?...........

The real question is what are Digletts even? I've always wanted to see the full body of a Diglett.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
The real question is what are Digletts even? I've always wanted to see the full body of a Diglett.

Some type of mole perhaps?
That is one of Pokémon's great mysteries. The body of a diglett....
For all we know, it could be a small person whose head pokes out of the ground.......

BugPokemonMaster316

Some type of mole perhaps?
That is one of Pokémon's great mysteries. The body of a diglett....
For all we know, it could be a small person whose head pokes out of the ground.......

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a mole.
I always thought as kid that his nose was his mouth. Only a few years ago did I finally realize that.
That pink thing is his nose right?

Status
Not open for further replies.