• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Groundon & Kyogre vs Palkia & Dialga

Groundon & Kyogre vs Groundon & Kyogre

• Groundon & Kyogre

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Palkia & Dialga

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters

Microground

Ground Trainer
Okay um the last one i messed up on now who would win Groundon & Kyogre or Palkia & Dialga if they got into a fight.
Sorry again about multi post its not my fault my computer is a giant snorlax dump.
READ THIS WHY KYOGRE/GROUDON WOULD WIN
With any Ground type move from Groundon done to Dialga(Steel/Dragon) with be super effective or a fighting type move so Groundon could aslo take Dialga out with Focus Blast. But if both Groundon and Kyogre use earthquake OR brick break so say bye bye to Dialga. Groundon can use Drgon Claw/Pusle to Palkia aslo super effective and to finish it of give it an electric or ice type move. Groundon and Kyogre can also learn one hit K.O. moves (Fissure/Sheer Cold). Only Problem with some of these moves used are the hurts all player even your teammate. So becarfull with Earthquake and use Dragon Calw over Dragon Pulse. Try to take Palkia out first it is the biggest threat. But Also EVs, IVs, and itmes must be taken into play.

Last edited:

Microground

Ground Trainer
Groundon Could take out Dialga with an earthquake but if drizzle is in play Kyogre can take out Palkia.

oro-chan

Not a dragonfly!
As cool as Dilaga and Palkia are Groudon and Kyorge are cooler in comparison. Therefore they would win in a battle. =p

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
With the power of time and space dialga and palkia could wipe groudon and kyogre out of existance

koolishmanaphy

Oooh... Sparkles...
um... just to tell you guys, the poll is tied.

Microground

Ground Trainer
drizzle...against another water pokemon...that works...
Not to boost water type moves but so Kyogre thunder aways hits. If you didn't no thunder has a bad hit ratio.

Last edited:

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Palkia's Thunder would beat the pants off of Kygre and a Ice Beam for Groudon so, Dialga and Palkia

Microground

Ground Trainer
But Groundon can learn dragon claw and Solar beam. That with Kyogre's Ice Ebam and Thunder will so kill.

Last edited:

marty

{VR}Trojan
i think dialga and palkia would win

Chobo357

Insert Title Here
I broke the tie! HAHAHAHAHA!
Kyogre and Groudon would win. But of course though, it really depends on their movesets and EV's and stuff.

Overgrowth

Grass User
Goundon with Dragon Claw And Solar Beam And
Kyogre With Ice Beam and Thunder would so win.

Sphyxius

Groudon and Kyogre would screw up eachother's abilities... its hard to say, i don't know what would happen if you brought out Kyogre with Groudon in a double battle, would the sun and rain cancel eachother out or would one predominate based on who was in the first slot of the players team?

Sun - Palkia and Kyogre's attacks are ****ed up, Groudon gets extra beef added to its Fire attacks as does Dialga if it is using one of the sets with Overheat. All of the pokemon involved have a low base 90 speed except Palkia so it would go first, probably using Spacial Rend or the such on Groudon, would would probably be a 2HKO. Depending on who went next, Kyogre could use a Water or Electric attack or perhaps Calm Mind. A water attack would be complete crap against both Palkia and Dialga in the sun. an electric attack other than thunder could do a bit of damage to Palkia but very little to Dialga. Calm Mind would be the better bet. If Dialga went before the others, it could easily tack another attack on Groudon to finish it off. Groudon going second would mean heavy damage to Dialga and slightly less to Kyogre and Palkia (who have lower defense stats)... in fact Kyogre is risking a KO from EQ because its defense is so low in comparison to it's buddy Groudon's attack stat.

Basically, a battle in the sun would be total carnage, everyones attacks would get ****ed up and depending on who goes after Palkia bad things would happen...

In the Rain however, Palkia nukes Groudon, if Kyogre gets to go after that the best it could do is get off a powerful Surf on Dialga and Palkia but they both resist Water attacks (Dialga x2, Palkia x4) so even in the rain the damage would be a 2KO at the very best. After this both Dialga and Palkia would be standing strong and Dialga would launch a Draco Meteor or perhaps an Aura Sphere or Thunder attack on Kyogre. Draco Meteor is super strong and with STAB it could easily put Kyogre in critical HP, and Thunder would get similar results, being super effective.
The following turn, Palkia Spacial Rends and finishes off the weakened Kyogre.

In short I don't know what would happen but in the Rain Palkia and Dialga would DEFINATELY win.

Microground

Ground Trainer
If you want Drought for Sunny Day have Groundon in your second slot(helps with it's Solarbeam), but if you want Drizzle for Rain Dance have Kyogre in your second slot(helps alot with it's Thunder).

Last edited:

Overgrowth

Grass User
with those awsome moves and type matchup groundon and kyogre would have a parade over dialga and palkia

behersk

My vote is based solely on what I witnessed at the GameStop tournament:

Palkia and Dialga beat Kyogre (no Groudons were played) almost every time.

Of course, this was all single battles, so maybe in doubles it would be different.