• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grovyle (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
weird how? he seemed like terminator...with leaves...
Yes...he was kind of strange...but he is an anti-social anti-hero...what do you expect. No one can be quiet normal with that many anti's in his title...lol

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
Elaborate? How is he weird?
The storyline just causes the view of who Grovyle is and what he was doing to switch, there's a little shipping there and all that. But what makes him weird?

Last edited:

sethpenguin

The Treecko
weird how? he seemed like terminator...with leaves...
Yes...he was kind of strange...but he is an anti-social anti-hero...what do you expect. No one can be quiet normal with that many anti's in his title...lol

sometimes, i just think that he was just a misunderstood being corrupted by power, he is not the only one. In the Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask, Skull Kid is corupted by the evil powers within the Majora's Mask so Grovyle could be like skull Kid.

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
sometimes, i just think that he was just a misunderstood being corrupted by power, he is not the only one. In the Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask, Skull Kid is corupted by the evil powers within the Majora's Mask so Grovyle could be like skull Kid.

Wait, what? Grovyle's not evil. For much of PMD2, it seems like he is and that dusknoir is good, but then it turns out that it's the other way around. Grovyle never was "corrupted" by power or anything else. But of course he was misunderstood for a while...

Primal Dialga

Primal Dialga
Grovyle lives in a world where there is no life. He decided to change it by going to the past. Many people thinked that he's ways were to cause world paralyzis, but no, they were tricked by Dusknoir to cause the paralyzis. Grovyle was just trying to rebuild the future he never wanted.

How is he weird?

He's just a calm,cool,and collected hero that is quick and efficient

...and caring, for the main character that is

Shuam

righteous
I certainly do find it odd that Nintendo chose Grovyle as a character, because he's a starter evolution, but I think he fills the role perfectly.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
He was a little strange but no where near as much as Dusknoir was

D

Deleted member 11515

liek omg.
plz mark ur spoilers.

Yes. Grovyle is weird. Is there any other point to this topic?
It seems to be.. kind of.. redundant.

Sim

Everyone who think Grovyle is weird I just cannot understand o_o Grovyle, IMO is the Pokémon character (out of EVERY Pokémon character, Pokémon, humans from all the games) with the deepest and most interesting character. I'd even go so far as to say he (specifically, this one from PMD2) is my favourite character in all of Pokémon.

When you think about his life (the parts we know of it anyway) and death, you realise how magnificently done it all is.
We first see him as a bad guy, but as the plot progresses, we start to question whether he really is (after he helps you flee from Dusknoir). Then when we find out the truth, our opinion on him changes massively. We see how his character adapts to the different situations around him, we see him in moments of hopelesness... and of hope. We see different parts of his personality, his usual, cool, determined self, a change to that when he discovers who you really are, and obviously, the last time we see him, where he protects you and sacrifices himself, and we really see him putting all his strength into allowing you to proceed with your ultimate goal (and holding down Dusknoir for that matter).
When he released the Time Gears, you can really see, how this really is it for him, the mission which he'd dedicated himself to, he's now putting into your and your partners hands. And you know, he's going to be gone forever (;_;).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was really touched by Grovyle, especially in his goodbye speech. I felt he was a VERY well made character, and was very sad to see him go, though that added to his greatness. THAT was the sadest momemnt in any Pokémon game, way moreso than when you (the player) has to disappear (in both MD games).

Those of you who think he's weird make me wonder. Perhaps you find him weird because of how well-done his character is, and how powerful his last moments are, and don't know how to react to that?

This really makes me wonder whether you've actually played the game, or are very confused. Grovyle is not evil in the slightest. He is not corrupted in the slightest, either o_O He was misunderstood earlier on the game but thats for obvious reasons. I just cannot see where you're getting him being evil or corrupted from!?!
Armored Dragon gave a good answer to this too.

I certainly do find it odd that Nintendo chose Grovyle as a character, because he's a starter evolution, but I think he fills the role perfectly.
I have to say I agree, but have no complaints, as Grovyle is one of my favourite Pokémon anyway ^^

He was a little strange but no where near as much as Dusknoir was
Dusknoir wasn't starnge either, he was just evil.

Seriously though, to all of you who say so-and-so is strange/weird really make me wonder how deeply into the characters you look, because it seems like you really don't look into the characters at all, which is a shame, since MD2 has some really great characters (Celebi and Darkrai are two other notable ones). Dusknoir and Grovyle are very interesting characters.

Erik_Destler, the thread title does say "possible spoilers" (unless you added that). If you were referring to the individual posts in here needing spoilers marked, then I see no point in doing so given the fact that the title should ward off those who don't want spoiling.

edit: I must say though, that i love how that wondeful piece of music which plays only twice in the game (this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP_AUhCJP6I) plays during two EPIC scenes (When Lapras crosses the sea of time and the Hidden Land materialises in front of you, and during Grovyle's goodbye). It really makes those scenes even more epic (and in Grovyle's one sadder ;_;).

Last edited:

tailmister

I do agree that Grovyle is a very good character. It was fun seeing him throughout the story.

I still feel kinda sad that Dialga didn't revive Grovyle as well as the main character. I'm sure Grovyle would've loved it.

Oh well, I'm sure the main character and the partner remembers him.

Dre

Good at Life.
Yeah, Grovyle was a VERY well-done character. The ending, where he disappears and says farewell to your character, was the only actually-sad moment I can remember in a Pokemon game. And it worked really well, I actually kind of missed him in the later parts of the game.

You can tell he's actually cared about by the pokemon he does bother talking to when he speaks to Celebi, which shows you that there's definitely a soft underside to his personality that we didn't get to see but does make him a lot less ... weird, as you put it.

And he is, by no means, evil. We do get to see that by the end of the main storyline, but if any character is weird, it would be Dusknoir. Anyone else notice how he talks when he starts noticing that it's possible for him to lose? That thing FLIPPED OUT all kinds of hard on you and your partner.

Ryuartyi

PMD Enthusiast
Grovyle.... where do I start? Out of every Pokemon game I've ever played, this game had the best and deepest plot of any of them. Grovyle was a VERY well made character and accurately fit the bill as both "evil" and savior. In the very beginning of the game when he hops towards the Time Gear, and when he takes out the Groudon illusion, I couldn't have hated him more. When Dusknoir dragged you into the future, I knew that the polarities of who's good or evil had just switched. I started to really respect him as a character while during the future; escaping from the Sableye and having the respect of a legendary (Celebi). I actually felt honored that I was his partner from the future once it was revealed. I agree with most of the posters here that say the saddest part of the game is Grovyle sacrificing himself. If you wouldn't have succeeded in restoring Temporal Tower and Dialga went back into Primal form, Grovyle had just put himself on the line of being executed again.

I was sad when Dialga did not bring Grovyle back from the future, but that adds to his character. His intro was amazing as well as his exit, and bringing him back would've ruined that.

Best Pokemon character ever? Yes. Let's see what they can do in PMD3. ;253;

Ninetails

Oh man. x_x I nearly cried when Grovyle sacrificed himself to take out Dusknoir. The way his character was portrayed and developed in-game was really well done. I especially loved how Celebi got flustered after talking to her about him just before entering the deepest area of Dusk Forest. I think there was more to her feelings for him than just respect. The way she addressed him and behaved around him suggested she possibly loved him.

Rambling aside, I loved Grovyle.

If you get knocked out in the Deep Dusk Forest you'll hear more by talking to Celebi. I think she do loved Grovyle. (and I envy her. TvT)
Grovyle is my favorite charater so far... I cried even though I had only got a vague idea about what was going on in the Japanese version.

Here's a piece of fanart. I had posted it before, but I do wish it were the unseen part of the ending. I just cannot bear the idea that Grovyle had disappeared with the future as if he had never been in existance...Sniffle.

jupcele_uJrm7psSg6cR.jpg

ShadowPiplup

Piplup owns all
I think Grovyle is pretty cool. When I got into the game a little with him, I thought he was going to join my team. That would be awesome. But then Dusknoir(I think) said that if we saved the world, both of us would disappear forever. I thought somehow he would stay and he would join my team, but then I beat Dialga and he went away. I was so disappointed when this happened. It would have been cool to have him on my team and eventually become a Sceptile, but it was for the good of the world I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.