• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grovyle (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf fox

OMG What is THAT ??
At first I thought Grovyle was really a bad Pokemon when the Outlaw Board had Grovyle's picture but in the future Grovyle turned out to be a nice friend.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I did think he was a little.... odd. When I first saw a picture of him ( though, looking at the sillhuette(sp?) I knew it was a Grovyle ) I was a little creeped out. He just had that evil, creepy profile on his face.

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
I think Dusknoir was stranger.
At first he seemed fine, but when you tell him your name he gets evil/sleazy look on his face. And when Grovyle run away from him at Crystal Lake, he's like;
"GAH! That damn Grovyle ran away! No one can escape ME!!!!!!ONEOONEELEVEN" And just kind of.... dissolves... WTF?!

bazooka544

For some reason I knew dusknoir was bad. Grovyle is my all time fave pokémon! Ive liked it since I first saw it on advanced battle! ;252; ;253; ;254;
Ive got all pokémon games exept the wii games,leaf green,fire red,saphire,yellow,explorers of time and old versions of pokemon. Also mm me on e-mail for good trades diamond/pearl.

DO NOT READ ON!!! SPOILER ALERT

Pokemon platnim is coming out!!! The star is primevil gritania!!!

Last edited:

Blake.S

Spoiler Alert!
^ Me too, I thought that it was weird when Dusknoir summoned Sableye, I was thinking "Why are all the good pokemon Ghost and Dark types?" Then it clicked, Dusknoir's evil. But as for Grovyle I think he should of just told everyone what was going on, it would of been a hell of a lot easier, so in a way he is/was/will be weird.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Spoiler Alert!
^ Me too, I thought that it was weird when Dusknoir summoned Sableye, I was thinking "Why are all the good pokemon Ghost and Dark types?" Then it clicked, Dusknoir's evil. But as for Grovyle I think he should of just told everyone what was going on, it would of been a hell of a lot easier, so in a way he is/was/will be weird.

I think he never mentioned anything because, like you and your partner, he was worried nobody would believe him. If he had've told people, they would have probably not believed him and then collecting the Time Gears would be much harder. The only reasons you and your partner were believed was because the Guild believed you and because they saw Dusknoir grab you both.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
He's alright.I guess his action are heroic.
But then I got mad at him when I can't visit Quicksand Cave and Steam Cave for training!!!
(ok I am weird so what?)

Brumrha

Banned
If you get knocked out in the Deep Dusk Forest you'll hear more by talking to Celebi. I think she do loved Grovyle. (and I envy her. TvT)
Grovyle is my favorite charater so far... I cried even though I had only got a vague idea about what was going on in the Japanese version.

Here's a piece of fanart. I had posted it before, but I do wish it were the unseen part of the ending. I just cannot bear the idea that Grovyle had disappeared with the future as if he had never been in existance...Sniffle.

jupcele_uJrm7psSg6cR.jpg
Damn...
That is one very vivid piece of fanart...
I too, wish that were the ending for PMD 2; to see the both of them frolicking happily in a serene place like this.

To be on topic, I think that Grovyle is far from a weird Pokemon. He has a true motive to save the world from the clutches of darkness, not to mention that he's strong, determined, & fast. Still, he's no match for my Charmander! lol

Noheart

The Abysswalker
What's weird about him? In any animé, or any animé-related game, there has to be an emo anti-social character in it! ...Anywho, I never thought that he was weird. At the beginning, I just thought he was a normal, mischievious villain. Nothing weird about that.

Last edited:
Sim gives a very good explanation in the first post.

I thought/think Grovyle's pretty awesome. At first, I was rather disappointed, seeing that how one of my fav Pokemon (Treecko is one of my all-time faves, so yeah... its evolutions are also) was the antagonist of the game.

However, it was rather awkward how when Dusknoir left... you're pretty much fully persuaded that he's a protagonist, but when he dragged me into the portal like he did, my mind was filled with confusion. Eventually I had started a conclusion that Dusknoir was the antagonist after I had came to the scene with the two main characters in the jail cell. It was just... well, different, yet amazing how the programmer(s) of the game make your opinion shift just like that.

I was confused even more after Grovyle was helping the two main characters escape the future and such... at first you'd think it would be a trap, but shortly after you come to understand everything. I did find it annoying, though, how the partner character kept on doubting Grovyle like there was no tomorrow. I know that the partner character has a cautious personality and such, but still. It almost made me conclude that Chimchar (my partner character)'s doubting would greatly interfere with the story sooner or later. However, eventually he shook that feeling off, which is great.

But as soon as you return to the past, things are made much more clear... I mean, at the beginning of the game, you learn that the thief, Grovyle, is stealing the time gears, and that if all of the time gears are misplaced, then the world's paralysis will come to be. However, once all of the time gears are replaced, you become confused to see the world's future to be in total paralysis.
Once Grovyle explained the whole deal about how the time gears needed to be placed in the rapidly collapsing Temporal Tower, you slightly start to understand. However, once he clarified that taking the Time Gears out of their place didn't permanetely stop time, instead temporarily stop it within that area, things were fully clear to me.

However, I was a bit shocked to hear that the main character and Grovyle originated as best friends, obviously knowing each other for quite a long time....

But once you have beated the main storyline... you only know half of the reasoning. In the post storyline, you learn that the whole cause was Darkrai's fault; for he was the one who wanted to rule a world of complete darkness, and how he was the one controlling Dialga.

I forgot to mention how much I loved the ending of the main story... I actually found the disappearing of the main character to be the most saddening part. I mean, seriously, your partner is completely clueless of this secret, for you must hide it. Once you start to vanish, the partner character is in a state of confusion and shock.
And the music... it just sets the tone even more.
Seeing how emotional I can be, I kinda started crying before long....

Oh, yeah, and I ALSO forgot to mention that the Primal Dialga/Dialga fight music is oone of my favorite themes in any Pokemon game. It's amazing. :D

Overall, I enjoyed the entire storyline more than any other Pokemon game... it was extremely well-though out, it seems; in fact, just saying that would most likely be a complete understatement.
I liked it so much better than I did the one for the first MD game. I mean, seriously, there's a large gap of improvement between the two.

And Celebi's personality was so... kawaii! X3 I thought it was so cute how it seemed so much that she liked Grovyle. X3
It still remains a mystery to me, though, how she was shiny. :\

lillandluke

Lill of twinleaf
I cant stop thinking about grovyle ever since it happened ( on my 5th day of having the game ) GROVYLE ! Why did you go ! I am going to battle dialga until he brings grovyle back !

lillandluke

Lill of twinleaf
Sim gives a very good explanation in the first page.

I thought/think Grovyle's pretty awesome. At first, I was rather disappointed, seeing that how one of my fav Pokemon (Treecko is one of my all-time faves, so yeah... its evolutions are also) was the antagonist of the game.

However, it was rather awkward how when Dusknoir left... you're pretty much fully persuaded that he's a protagonist, but when he dragged me into the portal like he did, my mind was filled with confusion. Eventually I had started a conclusion that Dusknoir was the antagonist after I had came to the scene with the two main characters in the jail cell. It was just... well, different, yet amazing how the programmer(s) of the game make your opinion shift just like that.

I was confused even more after Grovyle was helping the two main characters escape the future and such... at first you'd think it would be a trap, but shortly after you come to understand everything. I did find it annoying, though, how the partner character kept on doubting Grovyle like there was no tomorrow. I know that the partner character has a cautious personality and such, but still. It almost made me conclude that Chimchar (my partner character)'s doubting would greatly interfere with the story sooner or later. However, eventually he shook that feeling off, which is great.

But as soon as you return to the past, things are made much more clear... I mean, at the beginning of the game, you learn that the thief, Grovyle, is stealing the time gears, and that if all of the time gears are misplaced, then the world's paralysis will come to be. However, once all of the time gears are replaced, you become confused to see the world's future to be in total paralysis.
Once Grovyle explained the whole deal about how the time gears needed to be placed in the rapidly collapsing Temporal Tower, you slightly start to understand. However, once he clarified that taking the Time Gears out of their place didn't permanetely stop time, instead temporarily stop it within that area, things were fully clear to me.

However, I was a bit shocked to hear that the main character and Grovyle originated as best friends, obviously knowing each other for quite a long time....

But once you have beated the main storyline... you only know half of the reasoning. In the post storyline, you learn that the whole cause was Darkrai's fault; for he was the one who wanted to rule a world of complete darkness, and how he was the one controlling Dialga.

I forgot to mention how much I loved the ending of the main story... I actually found the disappearing of the main character to be the most saddening part. I mean, seriously, your partner is completely clueless of this secret, for you must hide it. Once you start to vanish, the partner character is in a state of confusion and shock.
And the music... it just sets the tone even more.
Seeing how emotional I can be, I kinda started crying before long....

Oh, yeah, and I ALSO forgot to mention that the Primal Dialga/Dialga fight music is oone of my favorite themes in any Pokemon game. It's amazing.

Overall, I enjoyed the entire storyline more than any other Pokemon game... it was extremely well-though out, it seems; in fact, just saying that would most likely be a complete understatement.
I liked it so much better than I did the one for the first MD game. I mean, seriously, there's a large gap of improvement between the two.

And Celebi's personality was so... kawaii! X3 I thought it was so cute how it seemed so much that she loved Grovyle. X3
It still remains a mystery to me, though, why she was shiny. :\

However, I'm aware that this probably isn't the thread to ramble on about the whole game... sorry. In conclusion with this topic, Grovyle was just amazing.
I never truted Dusknior , it is the thing that in the first one a ghost pokemon is a baddy and he didnt look like he was good to me .

Ash's Darkrai

Master of Darkrai
i thought Grovyle was cool. I just wish Dialga brought him back and he would join your team.

Ejunknown

be creative
D8 I was just about to ask about whether he does get brought back later; poor guy. Dx I think he should; because he sacrificed everything too, and he lost his best friend, and just leaving him is... mean. Dx

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Really, I had no idea the character roles would change, or in this case reverse. Even when dusknoir grabbed me and my partner, and took us to the future, I was like "what the heck?" Didn't know what was going on, it took me longer to figure out dusknoir was bad than it took me to find out grovyle was good. I really miss grovyle, everyone does. I don't know anyone that doesn't miss him. I think it would be cool if a treeko that would join your team, and might of said something like "hmmm..you seem fimilar. Have we meet before?" Like grovyle had to start over again. But, that just sounds ridiculous. Still the storyline was amazing, even though grovyle "died", it just adds to his heroic background. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.