• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grovyle (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalalagirl

oldrivalshipper :D
I do not find Grovyle at the least bit "weird". He is the BEST character in all of PMD2.. And Sim i totally agree on you with the point that his death was more epic than the player's "Death". Even though technically we didn't spend a lot of time with him (like on missions, and so on.) i've come to realize... that i liked him better than my own partner XD. If i had the choice, i would choose the player to die and grovyle to live X_X seriously though, that would be so sweet.

But, Grovyle's last scene was really touching.... and that's what made me like him even more XD

Cariyaga

Fanfiction Reader
The creepy part was that my partner was Treecko, so for most of the game I'm thinking that Grovyle is my partner in the future.

m15-07

EX/Ace Ruin Maniac
I didnt find him weird in anyway atall, i like him cus i was charmander and my partner was Turtwig so i tho haveing all my very best storyline friends as grass type made it even better for me :)

BlazeShadow

Grovyle was a pretty cool guy. I like how Nintendo tries to treat all pokémon (rare, starters, etc) more equally in this game, as I didn't except a starter evolution to play such an important role.

Though I felt a little sad, because he was your starters "real" partner, and he's all like "You have a new partner now, good-bye".

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
I was kinda surprised that they chose Grovyle for the part, but looking back the personality does really suit him. I did fall for Dusknoir, but i was still suspicious as why they would use a ghost pokemon as the ultimate goody... But as soon as he pulled me and my partner to the future i immediately knew that grovyle was actually the good one, and his character was portrayed perfectly.

zarb

Dialga only brought you back because you were needed to stop Darkrai. Your partner was still too timid to do it by himself.

good theory but if that were true why would dialga have said what he said? wouldnt he say somin like idk "YO HOMEZ WE NEEDZ YA FO DA STOPN OF TEH DARKRIZZZ DUDE!!!!!!!" well you get the point

Ryuartyi

PMD Enthusiast
good theory but if that were true why would dialga have said what he said? wouldnt he say somin like idk "YO HOMEZ WE NEEDZ YA FO DA STOPN OF TEH DARKRIZZZ DUDE!!!!!!!" well you get the point
Wrong. Dialga DID bring you back to stop Darkrai. Here's the offical words of Dialga in the ending after the credits:

"I WILL GRANT YOUR WISH. THE WORLD NEEDS YOU BOTH. THAT IS WHY... I WILL TRUST YOU WITH A GIFT. I LEAVE TO YOU... THE FUTURE!"

It's said like this to not give away the plot, but to suggest that there is more to the story. Of course he wouldn't say directly "YOU HAVE TO STOP DARKRAI", or else that would ruin the after-credits plot.

Last edited:

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
the only weird thing about grovyle in my opinion is that my partner was a treecko, so maybe grovyle should've been a different pokemon, cos im only gonna end up re-creating that old team of grovyle and randoxy

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
the only weird thing about grovyle in my opinion is that my partner was a treecko, so maybe grovyle should've been a different pokemon, cos im only gonna end up re-creating that old team of grovyle and randoxy

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
i reckon Grovyle was awesome. quite sad though he sacrificed himself
just one funny thing is that im a Torchic, my partner is a Mudkip and he's Grovyle

I think you might be talking about him living in the future.
Since he lives in future with the planet's paralysis, he probably gets lonely or something, until you, the hero, joins with him to save the world. He might be kinda wieard because of what happend in the future, think about it, no light, no sun. He just sits in the darkness and he wants to change that because he's being a hero and wanting to help everyone else escape the paralysis, even if he disappears.

Mew's desire

*Smirks*
Grovle is not wierd!

Grovle is not weird!
He's just..cool and understanding!
Pink celebi is sure nice with him..Does Pink Celebi really like Grovle???

Banshee

Strong and Free
Ooooh, don't get me started on that pokemon! ^^ I'll tell you something I'm really, really embarrassed of and no one knew about it 'till now, so don't lol...too much...

See, I had picked Treecko as my partner and when I found out about Grovyle being from the future and stuff I was like - OMG, LOLZ, TEH GROVYLE IZ RLY TEH TREECKO LOLOLOL, I FIGURED IT OUT I PWN&RUL - w00t ME!!!111ZOMG

Of course he WASN'T and I got owned... >.> Still, I liked Grovyle, he's such a tragic hero... *le sigh* ^^

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I too think that Grovyle in PMD2 was the best character out of any pokemon game (but Wigglytuff's got to be the funniest :D). Also, I haven't got to the bit with Darkrai yet, and now I'm really confused @_@, but don't worry, I don't mind spoilers :D.

JKY

Beginning Trainer
Yeah. Grovyle's the BEST. =)

...Another thought came in: In my opinion, Darkrai accidentally pwned himself. Twice.
First was when he attacked you and Grovyle while you were traveling to the past. (see page 3 of this thread)
Second was when he appeared as Cresselia in your dream- if you didn't know any information about Cresselia and Darkrai, chances are, you'll never stop him- you'll panic seeing everyone locked in a nightmare. He has THE ABILITY TO MAKE UNENDING NIGHTMARES. Why didn't he do that to you? I know it would lead to a game over but if Darkrai really wants to win,....

I know that last part wasn't related to Grovyle but I think it should be said. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.