• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Growl Haineko, Scatter Senbonzakura.

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu

`HELLO
Welcome to Senbonzakura's digital art showcase thread!
Here, you will see some of more recent pieces that I have created.
You are encouraged to leave a rating and some HEPFUL and CONSTRUCTIVE comments please so I may improve.
~​

•NOTES-
I. All of the pictures that I've used will be from here unless stated otherwise. This does not mean they created this it mean I used their picture to make my picture so credit to them.
II. I havent been doing this long with this particular program (Photoshop Elements) so just info on my past experiences.
IIV. I will post the original picture at the top of the section so that you may compare my changes.
IV. I am not quite sure if this comes under banners or whatever so yeah.
V. I would be willing to make something for you but either post it on my profile of PM me because his is the place to do so.
VI. If you want to use my pictures thatt already exist then give credit and ASK if you may beforehand.
VII. I've tries to organise them in such a way that it goes like this- Series > Character > Original Piece (linked) + My art + comments. I'm sorry if this is to hard for you but because there are so large i had to put them in separate spoilers.
VIII. Please read my annotations so that you can comment the picture and tell me how to improve on what I was actually trying to accomplish in the first place.
°Art(
-Original Piece-

Piece #1 (6/1/2009)
Byakuya_Kuchiki_Blue_Pink.png

This one I was practing with messing around with colours and the blur tool. I used that to try and make it look like his face was in focus but nothing else was. This was also a practise for me to get used to using PS again.
MAIN IDEA: My main focus for this picture was to get the eyes to be the focal point and to make my first Byakuya pic.

Piece #2 (6/1/2009)
Byakuya_Kuchiki_Cherry_Blossom.png

This piece was a little more serious but still just a practice. This time i was practising the cutting tools, blur tools, lighting effects tool, filters and simple colour variations.
MAIN IDEA: This was supposed to look like it was old and antipue as though it was a painting made back 500 years ago or something. I think that the sakura background helped me with this.

-Original Piece-

Piece #1 (7/1/2009)
Renji_Abarai_Smile.png

This one was me mucking around. I had noticed that PS had a filter in which you could add a effect that mimicked the "shine" from the sun in a photo. One of the options was a white and brighter one that reminded me of someone smiling with their teeth glissiming. It was originally going to be with Gin Ichimaru but couldn't find one with his teeth. I also tried some effects using layers and changing the opacity and I had found a nice texture with I added in. This was also a practice for filters, layer usage and more colour variations.
MAIN IDEA: To see if the flash/shine would work on a grin and it was just general practice other wise.

-Original Piece-

Piece #1 (8/1/2009)
Gin_Ichimari_speed.png

This time I wanted to make something for my wife (sppf wife(~.:Northern Lights:.~)) and she <3 Gin so that’s wjat I decided to make although its not to great. I wanted to use the wind filter to make it look like he had used flash step and he is so fast we only just see him clearly and I wanted to use the camera flare again but I think I over did it once again.
MAIN IDEA: To use the wind filter to show high speed..

-Original Piece-

Piece #1 (7/1/2009)
Izuru_Kira_Zanpaktou.png

This was a test for other options in the filters that went along with Renji's pictures. I also was trying to see if i could do some photo touch ups such as making the sword brighter and clearer before adding the shine. Although hard to notice, I also made everything black and white and then recoloured his eye. I did NOT leave his eye in colour and b&w everything else.
MAIN IDEA: I actually didnt have a main idea for this although I had planned to use the shine on the sword.

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (8/1/2009)
Rangiku_Matsumoto_Texture.png

This was a simple practise. Not to impressed with it and don't really care that it sucks but trial and error is a good method.
MAIN IDEA: Practice with textures.

-Original Piece-

Piece #1 (16/1/2009)
Ukitake_Juushiro_shikai.png

This was just more practise but I decided to make it distraught rather than saturated like I had originally intended to do. I also attempted text which was a fail. Compared to the original pic, I don’t think it worked very well although the original was of bad quality hence the blur of my pic to try to resolve that weird .jpeg look.
MAIN IDEA: More filter practice.

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (20/1/2009)
Shinsui_Kyouraku_Closeup.png

I saw the picture of Shunsui and I thought it would be a simple and easy so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately the picture didn’t cutout as well as I had planned which was annoying.
MAIN IDEA: To practice making my own background = fail..

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (20/1/2009)
Kon_Cutout.png

I wanted this one to be… flat colours rather than textured. I figured out how to make it look like a clipping out of paper and decided to use that style. I also decided to right his name constantly in the background using different fonts. I actually think that this is one of my better banners.
MAIN IDEA: To make it look like a cutout. (Inspired by ~.:Northern Lights:.~ banners)

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (21/1/2009)
Rukia_Kuchiki_Paper.png

Just wanted to do some more practice with the paper look and thought this seemed like an okay idea. One problem with it is that I think the text looks weird being over the cut out rather than straight onto the paper. Also I have to get the hang of getting rid of the original back ground because if you look along her shirt you can see various patches of blue.
MAIN IDEA: To make it look like a notebook thing.

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (21/1/2009)
Restu_Unohana_Smile.png

To be honest I’m mot sure this one worksed. I wanted it to be simple but I think its way to bland. Its okay I guess but still.
MAIN IDEA: Plain and simple.

ímprσvíng σn:
• Text.
• Layer effects.
• Filters.
• Backgrounds.​

Last edited:

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
hey
These are good although I am not into whatever they are from cause I haven't seen them before.
They look very good I think your drawing skills are really great!

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
They look very good I think your drawing skills are really great!

did you actually read what he wrote at the top ... clearly not - he didn't draw these if that's what you were implying

I think they're good Kama, i love the Byakuya one - the colouring is perfect - Reji's one made me laugh - the glint on his teeth, also the exposure on certain colours is a nice touch - the Kira one - the lens flare is too prominent, and looks rather ... boring

there ya' go hunny

pika3

Snowball attack, go!

did you actually read what he wrote at the top ... clearly not - he didn't draw these if that's what you were implying

I think they're good Kama, i love the Byakuya one - the colouring is perfect - Reji's one made me laugh - the glint on his teeth, also the exposure on certain colours is a nice touch - the Kira one - the lens flare is too prominent, and looks rather ... boring

there ya' go hunny

No I meant the stuff he added was very well done sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
thanks guys for posting.

@NL: Yeah i know izuru's is kinda boring but unfortunatly i wasnt unable to remove the backgrouund and yeah

EDIT: //UPDATE//

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (8/1/2009)
Rangiku_Matsumoto_Texture.png

This was a simple practise. Not to impressed with it and don't really care that it sucks but trial and error is a good method.
MAIN IDEA: Practice with textures.

Last edited:

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
I think that looks pretty good.
Much better than the origional.

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
UPDATE

and this one was made for ~.:Northern Lights:.~

-Original Piece-

Piece #1 (8/1/2009)
Gin_Ichimari_speed.png

This time I wanted to make something for my wife (sppf wife(~.:Northern Lights:.~)) and she <3 Gin so that’s wjat I decided to make although its not to great. I wanted to use the wind filter to make it look like he had used flash step and he is so fast we only just see him clearly and I wanted to use the camera flare again but I think I over did it once again.
MAIN IDEA: To use the wind filter to show high speed..

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Wow your new one looks really cool!
The Wind filter thing makes it look really neat!

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
*le gasp* i LOVES it *huggles*

i like the colour manipulation, and the lens flare fits just right, not to bright and fits in with the colours present.

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
Wow your new one looks really cool!
The Wind filter thing makes it look really neat!

*le gasp* i LOVES it *huggles*

i like the colour manipulation, and the lens flare fits just right, not to bright and fits in with the colours present.

aww thanks guys

also if someone wants to test me on one (must be bleach) then ill be willing to try it

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
UPDATE!

Piece #1 (16/1/2009)

This was just more practise but I decided to make it distraught rather than saturated like I had originally intended to do. I also attempted text which was a fail. Compared to the original pic, I don’t think it worked very well although the original was of bad quality hence the blur of my pic to try to resolve that weird .jpeg look.

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
hmm a triple post, why wont anyone see my thread ):

update:

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (21/1/2009)

I saw the picture of Shunsui and I thought it would be a simple and easy so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately the picture didn’t cutout as well as I had planned which was annoying.

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (21/1/2009)
Kon_Cutout.png

I wanted this one to be… flat colours rather than textured. I figured out how to make it look like a clipping out of paper and decided to use that style. I also decided to right his name constantly in the background using different fonts. I actually think that this is one of my better banners.
MAIN IDEA: To make it look like a cutout. (Inspired by ~.:Northern Lights:.~ banners)

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
UPDATE!

Piece #1 (16/1/2009)

I like this one it makes it look like it is spring time.

hmm a triple post, why wont anyone see my thread ):

update:

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (21/1/2009)

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (21/1/2009)
Kon_Cutout.png

Shunsui Kyoraku isn't bad.
I absolutly love Kon! It is the most abdorable thing I have seen!
I like the backround u added to it. It makes it look even cuter!

Senbonzakura

Katen Kyokotsu
hehe thnx. i like the kon one too P:

UPDATE

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (210/1/2009)
Rukia_Kuchiki_Paper.png

Just wanted to do some more practice with the paper look and thought this seemed like an okay idea. One problem with it is that I think the text looks weird being over the cut out rather than straight onto the paper. Also I have to get the hang of getting rid of the original back ground because if you look along her shirt you can see various patches of blue.

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
hehe thnx. i like the kon one too P:

UPDATE

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (210/1/2009)
Rukia_Kuchiki_Paper.png

I think this one looks good.
It looks like a notebook just like you wanted.

update again for the only two people that even see this thread >.>

-Orignial Piece-

Piece # 1 (21/1/2009)
Restu_Unohana_Smile.png

To be honest I’m mot sure this one worksed. I wanted it to be simple but I think its way to bland. Its okay I guess but still.
MAIN IDEA: Plain and simple.

it is good, but very plain.

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Well your welcome!
I hate to see threads die, especially when they are threads of people who have good artwork.
You should do more pics of Kon.
He is so adorable.

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
:D
Welcome.
I can't wait to see more Kon.
He is like a Lion and a Teddibear fused together.