1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Growlithe Or Vulpix?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by TheSilentBang, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Growlithe Or Vulpix

1. Growlithe

54.5%
  2. Vulpix

31.0%
  3. None

1.5%
  4. Equal

13.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PKMNinja

PKMNinja Black Ninja

Vulpix because it evolves into ninetales.

2. Retro-Chaos X

Retro-Chaos X Psychic Aficionado

I'm not a big fan of either if I'm honest but I must say that Growlithe is a lot better in my opinion.

3. Yoshi-kun

Yoshi-kun Wandering the Forums

I like them both, but Arcanine is my favorite Pokemon of all time. Plus I don't have Leaf Green. So Arcanine it is. :p

4. ToeyJoey

ToeyJoey Forward...

Wasted a Master Ball on a Growlithe because I was lazy, I'd hate for it not to have been worth it...

5. IceSpear

IceSpear Shadow...

Growlithe has better stats than Vulpix, but seeing as it's probably not competitive play I'd choose Vulpix.

6. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

Growlithe > Vulpix all day, everyday. There's almost no comparison between their evolutions because Arcanine is too badass for Ninetails. The only downside is that Growlithe doesn't learn Flamethrower until level 49, so you have to wait forever to evolve it (I'm stingy with my money when it comes to the game corner or else I'd buy TM35). I'm not sure about Vulpix's learnset in FR/LG though.

7. Titanium Tyranitar

Titanium Tyranitar Well-Known Member

I like them both since I really like both Arcanine and Ninetails as i think there both super cool fire pokemon

8. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

Personally, I would have to say that I like Vulpix more– not because I think that Ninetales is better than Arcaine competitively, but, except for a few exceptions, I value cuteness over coolness.

9. MrJosephIssa

MrJosephIssa Pokemon Master

I would go with Growlithe because I absolutely love Arcanine, he looks very nice and indeed strong. Don't get me wrong, I like Vulpix and Ninetails but if I had to pick, it would definitely be Growlithe!!

10. Aura Of Twilight

Aura Of Twilight Forever Clueless

I like both personally. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I love their designs.

11. Neji-and-Pidgeot

Neji-and-Pidgeot Well-Known Member

I like them both equally.

12. Ib4

Ib4 Xenlon Cavalier

I personally prefer Growlithe and Arcanine, however shiny Ninetales is epic, and a DW Ninetales that I use in Black 2 with a Chlorophyl Shiftry (with Solar Beam and Synthesis) has been very effective (more so than the Arcanine I used for half of the game).

13. RegalCharmander

RegalCharmander Lv 100 Charmander

I prefer Vulpix because it has better design,and Ninetales has great TM learnsets and drought. I also have Ninetales on my Gen 4 competitive team as special sweeper.

14. T3chNik4

T3chNik4 Ima lyrical murderer

Even tho this is 3rd gen I still prefer Growlithe/Arcanine.. He can learn better moves and Extremespeed is very useful.. Also like the fact in gen IV Arcanine can learn Dragon Pulse so that's a +. Both are really good, but Growlithe/Arcanine's stats are better. The only real cool thing I like about Ninetales is it can learn Psychic.

15. Growlithe is easily my all time favorite, so Growlithe.

16. Kyo's Shadow

Kyo's Shadow Unimportant Person

Vulpix, if only because I like foxes more than dogs.

17. Sumpner

Sumpner New Member

Has to be Growlithe for me, i think it was supposed to Legendary, so the stats reflect this. Vulpix has better speed, but speed is not everything...

18. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

I always loved Vulpix and Ninetales way more than Growlithe and Arcanine, so I voted Vulpix.

19. Vulpix. I don't care about either Vulpix or Growlithe, but I do love Ninetales, and like Arcanine.

Ninetales is my favourite Fire type, and also a nostalgic Pokemon for me. It's a long story I won't share here now (someday I might), but I'll say one thing: it has to do with the classic old rare holo Ninetales card.

I also just think Ninetales is a really pretty Pokemon.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  20. intoadaze

intoadaze I Am The Master

Growlithe becuase it evolves into Arcanine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.