• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Growlithe Or Vulpix?

Growlithe Or Vulpix

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGiftedFlareon

Tactician's Gambit
I love Vulpix! It has a special bond with me, even thought it may not be the best in battle. :)

toenip

Suicune Trainer
It as to be Vulpix for me even though I do like to use both of them I just prefer Ninetails. I used Ninetails in my recent Emerald game I used Ninetails as my fire pokemon and it was a beast, even though it as a limited move pool I enjoy using it.

I've always been partial to Vulpix. It's a very well designed Pokemon, and I like how it uses psychic attacks.

It depends on what you intend to use them for. In terms of stats and competitive edge, i'd be inclined to say Growlithe as Arcanine with Extremespeed is pretty fun. In gen 5 it would be a no-brainer Ninetales because of it getting groudon's ability from the dream world. As for aesthetics, they're both pretty easy on the eyes. Basically it depends on personal preference. (I voted Growlithe)

psyrose3

I've used both Arcanine and Ninetales in 3rd gen games, and they both have their own set of strengths and weaknesses. Ninetales is very nice as a special sponge and has a decent, but not sweeper level, special attack to work with. Its moveset hasn't improved too much over gens 4 and 5, but it more than makes up for it with Drought. Arcanine with Intimidate can work reasonably well as a bulky attacker, and in gens 4 and 5 has access to more moves.

I know people don't generally see Arcanine as a bulky attacker; that's just what I've seen from my recent Gale of Darkness playthroughs. I've used Ninetales a few times since I have LeafGreen. I like them both.

wc662

Green Goblin
I really like both but if I had to choose battle wise I'd pick Vulpix for the DW ability alone makes for a killer Ninetales

7 tyranitars

Growlithe <3

broly145

Haunter Fan
Vulpix cause i LOVE Ninetales!

captkittybeard

Master Food-Eater!
I really do like vulpix and ninetales, but growlithe and arcanine have always been my favourite out of the two.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Vulpix for sure. I never really liked Growlithe or Arcanine that much.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I love fire types, and I like Growlithe > Vulpix, but Ninetales > Arcanine. They are all awesome, though, so it's hard to choose! In my LG I had Growlithe, so, that was what's up. FR would be nice so I could get Ninetales, but my Lvl 100 Charizard sorta took care of the fire type hole... XD

Winona

~*~The Sky Tamer~*~
I like them both...but I'd have to choose Vulpix, cause of Ninetails :3

Status
Not open for further replies.