• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Grrrrrrrrr! (OU Team by Sheps)

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Intro

So yeah, it's been super long since I've posted an RMT, or even made a team at all. I'm super lazy and like to make as few teams as possible. While laddering I started to see a few teams with a double intimidate tactic. I decided to try it for fun and origionally the team started as a joke. (It had 4 Intimidators) But once it didn't suck as bad as I thought it would I decided to adjust it and its doing pretty well. I'm playing around the mid 1300's on the ladder with it, so I thought I'd post the team here and try to maximize its potential.

landorus__therian_form_animated_sprite_by_dudedudedudeo-d5ltlnh.gif

LandorusTherian@Lefties
252 Atk 252 HP 4 Spe
Adamant
Intimidate

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock

Usually the teams lead, Landy is the first half of the teams scare duo. Lando and Dos work together to suppress physical pokemon throughout the battle and Lando's sizeable bulk and offensive presence make it a great scout and all around offensive pivot. This makes U-turn a great move to have as well as stealth rock as if I can;t get one off in the lead slot a time usually comes up throughout the match. StoneQuake coverage makes good use of the strong attack. Landos typing also plays a huge role in backing up gyrados, rachi, and lucario.

GyaradosAnimatedSprite.gif

Gyarados@Lefties
252 ATK 252 SPE 4 HP
Adament
Intimidate

-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

The second half of the duo. The synergy with Lando is nice here. Pretty standard DD set. Intimidate gives Gyara a better chance to set up and sweep, and Ice Fang + Quake gives the needed coverage.

latias_sprite_by_diablos_darkos-d4emc26.gif

Latias@life orb
252 SPA 252 SPE 4 HP
Timid
Levi

-Draco Meteor
-HP Fire
-Surf
-Recover

Latias is here in large part to deal with some of the threats to the team, being Thundy and Landy I. Recover heals off life orb damage well and the other attacks are to put as much pressure on the opponents as possible. Surf can nail Landy and Thundy on the switch in and hp fire does a number on scizor among other threats trying to U-turn it.

Chanseyanimated.gif

Chansey@ Eviolite
252 HP 252 Def
Bold
Natural Cure

-Soft Boiled
-Toxic
-Heal Bell
-Seismic Toss

Chansey is here to further buffer the special attacks aimed at the scary guys. She also acts as a great team player with heal bell taking away the burns that could plague the physical pokemon on the team. Toxic to win stall wars and further ware down physical foes trying to best Lando and Gyara. Seismic toss was mostly a filler, didn't want her to be completely offensively helpless I guess.

breloom_sprite_by_xpoison_cherryx-d4j0483.gif

Breloom@Fighting Gem
252 Atk 252 Spe 4Hp
Adament
Technician

-Spore
-Bullet Punch
-Mach Punch
-Sword Dance

Breloom provides the much needed prio for the team as well as some fighting type presence to deal with Ferro and other steel type threats. Breloom also fends off Rotom Wash who could otherwise do a number on the scarers. I also get the added benefit of spore to eliminate a pokemon on their team and potentially get a sweep with swords. Gem punch can help put a stop to a lot of sweeps and is a pretty effective way of dealing with any terraks and all scizors after 1 boost.

385.gif

Jirachi@Scarf
252 SPA 252 ATK
Naive
Serene Grace

-HP Ice
-psychic
-Iron Head
-U-Turn

The last poke is where I hit a snag. I knew I needed more steel or else I would be dragon food, but that I also needed more special attacking ability or else pokemon like Gliscor and Skarmory would screw me over. I had never seen a special jirchi not in rain though, so I made on myself. This mixed scarf set is the most ridiculous set I ever put on a team, but it can kill landos on the switch in and piss people off with Iron Head, so there is that.

What I Like About the Team

-Eliminates physical threats well
-Has great synergy
-Capable of creating comebacks and sweep oppurtunities
-Handles weather well enough
-U turners keep the team moving

Weaknesses and Threats
Steels can still be a problem, especially Skarmory and Ferro in sand.

I'm open to any and all suggestions for improvement other than telling me the team sucks and should be scrapped ;)

Thanks for Reading!

Last edited:

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
This team sucks and should be scrapped.
Nah, I'm just joking, this team look very solid!
Just one thing though, I would use Lum berry over Lefties on Gyrados, as many people will try to burn it, or spore it, and it helps with ParaFlinch Jirachi!

Overall though, very good team!

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Bounce > Ice Fang, so you can beat Starmie after a DD. Also hits grass types etc. way more than Ice Fang would. Also, as Jazz suggested, Lum berry. Also, even though it goes against the team's idea, Moxie, to sweep teams if you get a chance.

And why Thunder without rain? At +4, does that power difference really matter?

(That was a shorter break than expected, this means Battle Rhythm is coming back?)

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Bounce > Ice Fang, so you can beat Starmie after a DD. Also hits grass types etc. way more than Ice Fang would. Also, as Jazz suggested, Lum berry. Also, even though it goes against the team's idea, Moxie, to sweep teams if you get a chance.

And why Thunder without rain? At +4, does that power difference really matter?

(That was a shorter break than expected, this means Battle Rhythm is coming back?)

I'll see what I can do with bounce, going to do a lot of testing to see what works better. And yeah, the Rachi set is odd, but like I said I don't know of any useable non rain special sets so I just took a stab, thunder is more there for para though.

This team sucks and should be scrapped.
Nah, I'm just joking, this team look very solid!
Just one thing though, I would use Lum berry over Lefties on Gyrados, as many people will try to burn it, or spore it, and it helps with ParaFlinch Jirachi!

Overall though, very good team!

Somebody didn't see my team has a nurse ;)

After some more testing and talking with McDanger I've made some adjustments and lineup changes to the team, bringing in Latias to better deal with Thundy T among other things. Breloom as a celebi replacement and also taking over Lucario's role since he doesn't fill it as well as I hoped, adjustments have been made to the OP accordingly.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Taking my one bump to try and get a little more insight even though what Ive gotten so far has been helpful.

Changed Chansey to Bold and added Defense EV's

Changed Rachi's set

Changed Seed bomb to Bullet Seed

Moog2

Must stay awake...
I also feel that Lum Berry is a good idea on Gyara despite the fact that you have Heal Bell. Many things that will try to status you, like Ferrothorn, can take a hit or two and paralyze you, cutting your sweep short. Ultimately up to you, but I think that's what I would use.

That's all I can think of at the moment, though. Good looking team.

Soperman

The One and Only
Hi Sheps! Hope you're doing well :D
I feel like if you have Recover on Latias, it means you want a pokemon that will stick around for a while to tank/stall. Draco Meteor contradicts that, as it lowers your Sp. Atk and essentially makes you useless unless you switch out. For the purpose you're looking for, I'd say Dragon Pulse is probably a better option for longer sustainability without switching out. If you want someone to hit hard, just go for Latios with the same set. It'll be significantly more effective because of the better offensive stats.
Also, why not try Togekiss over Jirachi? That way, you can focus on Sp. Atk and still achieve everything you want; it can learn Air Slash for flinch, Psychic and HP Ice for coverage! It may not learn U-Turn, but you can teach it Fire Blast or Aura Sphere to deal with the Steel types you mentioned were a problem.
If Steels are really a problem, go for Infernape, who just eats them for breakfast :3

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Just a couple nitpicks:

Go fully physical with rachi and replace hp ice and psychic with ice punch and zen headbutt, though i kinda like fire punch to help with your steel problem. You might as well go revenge killer too and run jolly 252 speed/252 attack/4 hp.

Also, if I may ask, why do you use bullet punch on breloom? it seems rather weird and i personally haven't seen its usage or heard of its usage.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Also, if I may ask, why do you use bullet punch on breloom? it seems rather weird and i personally haven't seen its usage or heard of its usage.

Mhm, it might just be a typo and supposed to be Bullet Seed is what I'm assuming, if not I do suggest using Bullet Seed over Bullet Punch.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Taking my one bump to try and get a little more insight even though what Ive gotten so far has been helpful.

Changed Chansey to Bold and added Defense EV's

Changed Rachi's set

Changed Seed bomb to Bullet Seed

Mhm, it might just be a typo and supposed to be Bullet Seed is what I'm assuming, if not I do suggest using Bullet Seed over Bullet Punch.

apparently i only skimmed his post lol, thanks

AB2

cake cake cake cake
yeah you're a bit spikes weak. skarmory spikes on like half your team but on the bright side half your team doesn't care about spikes so I guess it isn't really that terrible. Honestly I have no idea why you're running gyarados outside of rain lol. latios is a pretty big threat to be honest with you. although one on one you can beat it, latios is usually run on a team with scizor / breloom / terrak / tyranitar etc which can all easily double switch on chansey (and in some cases even jira) and steal the momentum away from you. the reason why chansey really isn't good on teams such as this is because you lose the ability to play aggressively when something that packs a lot of power comes in especially if your opponent is running a more offensive team than you. I'd definitely switch gyarados' ability to moxie and run politoed over chansey who is pretty useless and just slows your team down terribly. I'd probably just run a standard defensive politoed with like scald / protect / encore / toxic with max spdef and hp, calm nature and lefties. I think politoed would work out infinitely better than chansey not only because it slows you down but because now you have a pretty nice core of politoed / gyarados / land-t / grass which makes the team quite a bit more solid. I'd also change Gyarados to a set with sub / bounce / dragon dance / waterfall, leftovers, 56 hp / 248 atk / 204 spe which is easily much better than the set you're running now. Not only do you destroy grass types with bounce, but you have the ability to threaten steels like skarmory scizor etc a lot easier with rain boosted waterfalls.

yeah your set on jirachi is pretty bad. if you decide to run rain I'd probably run a set with iron head / u-turn / thunder / ice punch with max atk and spe and a hasty or jolly nature. if you don't feel like lowering one of your defenses, running a jolly nature will still get you pretty much all of the ko's that you need so it's not that big of a deal. I guess you could run healing wish on scarf jira somewhere if you wanted to since you have no spinner and it would probably help gyarados late game. another interesting option is to run like spdef baton pass celebi + another abuser over latias. not only will celebi give you a better answer to rotom-w and non u-turn landorus but dry passing will really keep the momentum going on your team while having the ability to pass sub to gyarados and maybe something like toxicroak which can be very potent especially against more defensive teams. if you decide to run another sub abuser I'd definitely consider toxicroak or something over latias, but idk it's up to you. the only other thing id watch out for is opposing lo lati@s which can be a huge pain esp if they have psyshock, which is another reason why spdef celebi can help quite a bit since it can sponge a draco meteor relatively easy and recover it off.

Last edited:

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Lum Berry > lefties on Gyarados, like everyone else said. And the move set on jirachi is pretty weird, why not go completely physical?
surf is also kind of meh on Latias, I would suggest Psyshock instead to hit pink blobs really hard.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Man, just when I thought this had died lol. Sorry for not thanking you all sooner but I hadn't come back to see if anyone had rated in a while to thank you all for the rates. Only reason Rachi was special was because I lacked special attack without celebi. I think I'm going to transfer this into a rain team after all like AB2 said because even though its the most radical change it seems to solve. I'll post changes once I make them.