• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GSC Warstory - OU

GU77

Notes before starting:
Battle in Black, comments in red, chat is excluded from the log.
This is my first warstory.

My team:
;034; ;243; ;149; ;208; ;241; ;214;

Opponent's Team:
;145; ;245; ;103; ;195; ;105; ;143;

Battle between BlueHero and GU77 started!
Tier: OU GSC
Rule: Sleep ClauseRule: Freeze ClauseRule: Species Clause

GU77 sent out Nidoking!
BlueHero sent out Zapdos!

Start of turn 1
BlueHero called Zapdos back! BlueHero sent out Suicune!
Nidoking used Ice Beam! It's not very effective...The foe's Suicune lost 5% of its health!The foe's Suicune was frozen solid!The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

So, this was a good start for me. Ice Beam activated, letting Nidoking mess with it some more. I decided to use Thunderbolt (At this point I was using Thunderbolt over thunder, which has changed since).

Start of turn 2
The foe's Suicune is frozen solid!
Nidoking used Thunderbolt! It's super effective! The foe's Suicune lost 23% of its health! The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
Nidoking used Thunderbolt! It's super effective! The foe's Suicune lost 24% of its health! The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

After a few Thunderbolts, I decided that I would use Earthquake in case a ground type switched in.

Start of turn 4
Nidoking used Earthquake! The foe's Suicune lost 25% of its health! The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

And to my surprise, Earthquake dealt more. Wish I had known that, although the damage difference wasn't much. At this point I figure that Suicune will defrost soon, so I decide to bring in Raikou.

Start of turn 5
GU77 called Nidoking back! GU77 sent out Raikou!
The foe's Suicune is frozen solid! The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Since a ground type was not sent in previously on the thunderbolts, I figured Raikou could just KO it now, or hit something that is switching in.

Start of turn 6
BlueHero called Suicune back! BlueHero sent out Quagsire!
Raikou used Thunderbolt! It had no effect!

So a ground type comes out. Figures.

Start of turn 7
Raikou used Toxic! The foe's Quagsire was poisoned!
The foe's Quagsire used Earthquake! It's super effective! Raikou lost 237 HP! (61% of its health)
The foe's Quagsire is hurt by poison! Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers! The foe's Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

I was wondering what a Quagsire was doing in OU. I took a guess that it was a belly drummer, so Toxic would have cut that incredibly short. However, it used Earthquake, so I decide to switch...

Start of turn 8
GU77 called Raikou back! GU77 sent out Nidoking!
The foe's Quagsire used Earthquake! It's super effective! Nidoking lost 337 HP! (92% of its health)The foe's Quagsire is hurt by poison!
Nidoking restored a little HP using its Leftovers!The foe's Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

...and I forget Nidoking is probably one of, if not the worst switch-in to Quagsire ever. However, it wasn't going down without dealing some more damage.

Start of turn 9
Nidoking used Earthquake! The foe's Quagsire lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Quagsire used Earthquake! It's super effective!Nidoking lost 50 HP! (13% of its health) Nidoking fainted!
GU77 sent out Dragonite!
The foe's Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

5-6. I send in Dragonite feeling lame that I let Earthquake take Nidoking out.

Start of turn 10
BlueHero called Quagsire back! BlueHero sent out Zapdos!
Dragonite used Surf! The foe's Zapdos lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Zapdos used Thunder Wave! Dragonite is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Dragonite used Outrage! The foe's Zapdos lost 30% of its health! The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Zapdos used Hidden Power! It's super effective! Dragonite lost 261HP! (67% of its health)
Dragonite used Outrage! The foe's Zapdos lost 32% of its health! The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!Dragonite restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Dragonite calmed down! Dragonite became confused!

So, my Dragonite knew Outrage. It was a bad set at the time, I knew almost nothing about playing at the time, a whole about one week before posting this. I attempted to use Extremespeed, because priority is cool, and it wasn't really doing much the rest of the match.

Start of turn 13
Dragonite is confused! It hurt itself in its confusion! Dragonite lost 40 HP! (10% of its health)
The foe's Zapdos used Hidden Power! It's super effective! Dragonite lost 108 HP! (28% of its health)Dragonite fainted!
GU77 sent out Steelix!

4-6.

Start of turn 14
BlueHero called Zapdos back! BlueHero sent out Marowak!
Steelix used Body Slam! The foe's Marowak lost 17% of its health!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Marowak used Swords Dance! The foe's Marowak's Attack sharply rose!
Steelix used Roar! The foe's Zapdos was dragged out! The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Marowak comes in, takes a bit of damage, and goes out. Zapdos comes in, so I use the time to get another chance of paralysis on something.

Start of turn 16
Steelix used Body Slam! The foe's Suicune lost 14% of its health!
The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Enter Suicune. Being frozen from earlier meant I could just try to hit it with Earthquake.

Start of turn 17
Steelix used Earthquake! The foe's Suicune lost 25% of its health!

Start of turn 18BlueHero called Suicune back!
BlueHero sent out Exeggutor!
GU77 called Steelix back!
GU77 sent out Miltank!

We both retreat, and I once again don't know what to do, except just attack.

Start of turn 19
Miltank used Body Slam! A critical hit! The foe's Exeggutor lost 45% of its health!
The foe's Exeggutor used Stun Spore! Miltank is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The foe's Exeggutor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 20
The foe's Exeggutor used Substitute! The foe's Exeggutor made a substitute!Miltank used Body Slam! The foe's Exeggutor's substitute faded!

Start of turn 21
BlueHero called Exeggutor back! BlueHero sent out Quagsire! The foe's Quagsire is hurt by poison!
Miltank used Body Slam! The foe's Quagsire lost 26% of its health! The foe's Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Quagsire used Belly Drum! The foe's Quagsire hasn't enough energy left!The foe's Quagsire's Attack sharply rose! The foe's Quagsire is hurt by poison!
Miltank used Body Slam!The foe's Quagsire lost 24% of its health!The foe's Quagsire fainted!

So it turned out to have Belly Drum after all. Why it was used at that point, I don't know. 4-5.

BlueHero sent out Snorlax!
Start of turn 23
The foe's Snorlax used Belly Drum! The foe's Snorlax cut its own HP and maximized its Attack!
Miltank is paralyzed! It can't move!
The foe's Snorlax restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

A second Belly Drummer. I also am paralyzed, so now he has a set-up Snorlax. However, it still can't KO my Miltank right away.

Start of turn 24
The foe's Snorlax used Body Slam! Miltank lost 311 HP! (79% of its health)Miltank used Body Slam! The foe's Snorlax lost 20% of its health! The foe's Snorlax is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Miltank restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 25
Miltank used Body Slam!The foe's Snorlax lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Snorlax used Body Slam! Miltank lost 106 HP! (26% of its health)Miltank fainted!

GU77 sent out Heracross!

3-5. It is paralyzed and weakened, so I go for the KO with Heracross.

Start of turn 26
Heracross used Megahorn! The foe's Snorlax lost 25% of its health! The foe's Snorlax fainted!
BlueHero sent out Zapdos! The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

3-4.

Start of turn 27
The foe's Zapdos used Thunder Wave! Heracross is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Heracross used Megahorn!It's not very effective...The foe's Zapdos lost 23% of its health!

Start of turn 28
The foe's Zapdos used Thunderbolt! Heracross lost 140 HP! (38% of its health)Heracross used Strength!The foe's Zapdos lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers! Heracross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 29
BlueHero called Zapdos back!
BlueHero sent out Marowak!
Heracross is paralyzed! It can't move!
Heracross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

He decides to send in Marowak, something I really didn't know how to deal with. I attempt to attack it as it sets up the Swords Dance.

Start of turn 30
The foe's Marowak used Swords Dance! The foe's Marowak's Attack sharply rose!
Heracross used Megahorn! The foe's Marowak lost 50% of its health!Heracross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

I dealt a good chunk of the HP with Megahorn, hooray. I figured that Heracross wasn't going to live, and just went for another Megahorn.

Start of turn 31
The foe's Marowak used Rock Slide! Heracross lost 220 HP! (60% of its health)
Heracross flinched!

So it did survive, but it flinched. It was clearly dead now.

Start of turn 32
The foe's Marowak used Rock Slide!
Heracross avoided the attack!
Heracross used Megahorn! The foe's Marowak lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Marowak fainted!

Or not. 3-3.

Start of turn 33
The foe's Zapdos used Thunderbolt!
Heracross lost 113 HP! (31% of its health)
Heracross fainted!
GU77 sent out Steelix!

2-3

Start of turn 34
Steelix used Body Slam! The foe's Suicune lost 13% of its health!

Start of turn 35
Steelix used Earthquake! The foe's Suicune lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Suicune fainted!
BlueHero sent out Exeggutor!

2-2. I consider freezing Suicune one of the biggest things in this game, sicne I essentially started the match 5-6.

Start of turn 36
The foe's Exeggutor used Substitute! The foe's Exeggutor made a substitute!
Steelix used Body Slam! The foe's Exeggutor's substitute took the damage!The foe's Exeggutor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 37
The foe's Exeggutor used Stun Spore! Steelix is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Steelix used Roar!
The foe's Zapdos was dragged out!

Start of turn 38
Steelix used Body Slam!The foe's Zapdos lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Zapdos used Roar! Raikou was dragged out!
Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers! The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

We do some roaring, mine more beneficial than his.
Start of turn 39
BlueHero called Zapdos back! BlueHero sent out Exeggutor!
Raikou used Hidden Power! It's super effective!The foe's Exeggutor lost 29% of its health! The foe's Exeggutor fainted!
Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers! The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

2-1. That was dead, it was just Zapdos left. I already considered Steelix my best counter for it, and it knew Explosion. I could KO the Zapdos with ease now.

Start of turn 40
GU77 called Raikou back! GU77 sent out Steelix!
The foe's Zapdos used Thunder Wave! But it failed!

Start of turn 41
The foe's Zapdos used Hidden Power!A critical hit!Steelix lost 167 HP! (47% of its health)
Steelix is paralyzed! It can't move!
Steelix restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 42
The foe's Zapdos used Hidden Power! Steelix lost 84 HP! (23% of its health)Steelix used Explosion! The foe's Zapdos lost 44% of its health!
The foe's Zapdos fainted! Steelix fainted!
GU77 won the battle!

And that ended the battle.

So, I enjoyed playing that battle. I'm not sure if the amount of "hax" made it a good warstory though. I also probably didn't explain enough to make it good, sorry if it is sub-par.

When I first heard of warstories, I thought it was more of a writing thing than an assessment of a battle. Inspired by the name "warstories", I decided to write what you will see below, which is basically a story form of the battle. Read it if you feel like it, I guess.
----
The forest was dark. The Poke'mon of the forest had been dividing, into two sides. A war eventually erupted. Each Poke'mon was taking sides, fighting for one side's control over the forest. However, some poke'mon, 12 in particular, possessed greater strength than the rest of the Poke'mon of the forest. They were in an even 6/6 split, and this is thier battle story.

Nidoking stared down at Zapdos. Zapdos let out a shriek, calling for backup. From the forest, Suicune emerged. Nidoking, distracted by the new enemy, let Zapdos escape. However, it fired off an icy-cool beam, making the new opponent stuck, frozen. It then called for thunder to shriek down onto Suicune, and it did. Finally, in a burst of power, stomping the ground with all of it's might, Nidoking caused an Earthquake, further damaging the enemy incased in ice. Feeling it was no more of a challenge, it went off to find more prey.

A minute or two later, a Raikou noticed the frozen creature, and concentrated, firing off a blast of electricity towards it. Another Poke'mon, however, would not let this happen. Seeing how helpless and one-sided the battle would have been, and the potential harm that Raikou could of done, a Quagsire came and stepped in the way, absorbing the beam with all ease. Raikou ran foward and clawed at it, transfering a deadly toxin hidden within it's claws. Quagsire grabbed hold of Raikou before it could get away, and dealt some major damage, causing a small tremble to go out around it. The weaker waves could be felt by the Nidoking who had recently left. Raikou quickly escaped the grasp of Quagsire and ran away, not wanting to get caught in the cross-fire. It stayed close, however, watching.

Nidoking felt pain. The same power that was exhibited on Raikou once again came crashing down on Nidoking, who could only do so much with his attempts at the same move. Quagsire quickly disposed of it. However, the toxins that Raikou injected it with were starting to hurt.

A majestic Dragonite was soaring above the forest, feeling the wind as it rushed through the sky. Spotting the Quagsire causing pain to the Nidoking, she went to try and put a stop for it. But from behind, the Zapdos shot up from the forest, engaging Dragonite in an air battle. The flew high above the forest, circling each other, when Dragonite swooped downwards. Zapdos gave chase, maneuvering around trees and avoiding other Poke'mon. They reached a river, where Dragonite soared near water level. Once Zapdos was flying over the river, Dragonite quickly turned around and rose large amounts of water with it, making Zapdos soaking wet. Keeping collected, Zapdos used the water to it's advantage, sending a small shock of electricity, paralyzing Dragonite. Dragonite became enraged, and unleashed a series of blows to Zapdos, greatly weakining it. However, Zapdos hung on, and brought Dragonite down. The brawl was incredibly noisy, so Zapdos fled the area, knowing it's limits and realizing that it did not want another confrontation.

In a clearing not too far away, there were two Poke'mon. One was an extremely large snake made out of the toughest steel. The other one had a skull on it's head, and a proportionally large bone-sword in it's hand. The snake slammed down on the ground, the skull warrior moving out of the way in time to take minimal damage, and then prepared to strike with it's sword. Leaping into the air, it attempted to bring down the large snake with one strong strike. However, as it went to strike, the snake emitted soundwaves so strong, that they sent the small warrior flying uncontrollably in the other direction.

The Steelix moved on it's way, rampaging through the forest. It eventually came to the same frozen Suicune so many other Poke'mon had been fighting around. Steelix didn't notice any of them, and slammed towards the frozen beast. Besides the damage done through the slam, when Steelix hit the ground a small tremor occured, damaging the helpless beast even more......

Elsewhere, two Poke'mon were staring each other down. Miltank and Exeggutor. Miltank charged foward putting all it's weight in one large blow, and the Exeggutor felt it. Exeggutor would not be so easily defeated however. It shot out spores that managed to Paralyse Miltank. Then, Exeggutor took out some of the less neccesarry parts of it's body, and created a duplicate, at the cost of some pain. Miltank instantly smashed through it, seeming to be an effort wasted. However, Quagsire appeared right next to Miltank. Miltank turned around and slammed it, but Quagsire shook it off. It made a threatening war cry, drumming on it's own body parts, playing a song of mass intimidation that could be heard from even the farthest edge of the forest. Miltank, however, did not back down, and brought down it's opponent. As it went to leave, a Snorlax blocked it's path. Inspired by Quagsire, it belched out an even louder song, seemingly increasing it's power four-fold. A combination of fear and the spores left behind from Exeggutor, Miltank was frozen where it stood. When Snorlax attempted to crush it, however, Miltank jumped out of the way. The force from the slam to the ground created a shockwave that made Miltank feel serious hurt. In a last-ditch attempt to bring down the mighty foe, Miltank attacked once more.

One Poke'mon, though, was not intimidated by the Snorlax. It felt that it might finally have a worthy rival of an opponent. So, Heracross emerged from the forest, and ran towards Snorlax with all of it's might, swinging it's horn around violently. This was something that the Snorlax just could not stand, and it fainted. However, an incredibly angry Zapdos had appeared. Although still weak, it was looking for easy targets to take out it's rage on. And what would be easier to take down than a bug? It played around with the little bug, paralyzing it, just to see it squirm. The Heracross fought anyway, and Zapdos then had started to attack. Suddenly, Heracross heard a noise behind it, and turned to see a Marowak crash-landing from the sky.

Marowak saw Heracross charging at it and endured the hit. After the contact, Marowak was prepared, his sword seeming sharper than ever. He attacked, and Heracross just could not keep up.... or so it seemed. Feigning the inability to move, Heracross tricked Marowak into a false sense of safety, and then used the surprise factor to bring down the skull warrior.

Once again, it was just Zapdos and Heracross. Heracross did not want to battle, and was fleeing from Zapdos, using it's knowledge of the forest to get away. While searching for Heracross, Zapdos met a Poke'mon it did not want to see, Steelix. Zapdos flew off, Steelix using it's massive height to keep track of where it was. However, it was not paying attention to the ground, and ran over the not-so-harmful-anymore beast that was Suicune. The impact made Steelix fall down, and then be face-to-face with an Exeggutor that was looking for a fight. It quickly paralyzed Steelix, to attempt to provide it a safety net in the battle that would come. Except it didn't come, because Steelix was prepared to roar, which it did. It then was able to get another sturdy hit on Zapdos, who was slowly getting weaker. Zapdos took a page out of it's opponent's book, and attempted to roar as well. Steelix backed down for just a second, when Raikou ran up it's body and leapt towards Zapdos. Zapdos dodged the attack with just a second to spare, but Raikou knew how to land on it's feet. It accessed it's surroundings, and noticed the weak Exeggutor, and took it down.

Steelix finally caught up to the large target that it wanted to take down. It reached up into the sky and grabbed Zapdos. It brought it down, wrapping itself around it. Then, it exploded. It took all of it's power and put it into one final blast.

And that was that. The 6 powerhouses of one side were down. The other side took control of the forest. The losing side did not resist afterwards. An age of peace came among the forest, united once more to face any future dangers that might threaten them as a whole.
---

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Cool story, although I admit I skimmed it lols.

Firebreather

Haha that must've taken you a while considering it took me 20 minutes to read it!! XD
Anyway, nice job! The story was pretty cool :)