1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GTA: San Andreas vs GTA 4

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by oske, Nov 10, 2008.

1. oske

oske Well-Known Member

I just finished GTA 4, and I must say, the story didn't even compare to San Andreas. San Andreas was the only game in my life in which I was sad when it ended. So lemme ask you. In story, GTA 4 vs San Andreas?

2. mrdurp4

mrdurp4 SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

ah... the ending for gta4 was too sad in my oppinion, and when it ended the entire game ended for me. gavent played it ever since. but the ending for gta:sa was fun and it showed alot of change in both the landscape and the charaters also the entire story in sa was funny and intersting

3. oske

oske Well-Known Member

I meant sad as in dissapointed that its over :\

4. Jaguar297

Jaguar297 I'm back!

I like GTA4 but I never played San Andreas (Really) So I can't really compare it. Although I say that GTA4 IS fun.

5. Charaligatr

Charaligatr The Secret Rascal

Even though I enjoyed the game, I did find San Andreas's story a bit tiresome. I soon got bored of the whole "Grove Street 4 life" thing. Ironically, by giving CJ a complicated back story and motives, it made me care less about him than I perhaps should have. Part of the appeal of pre SA GTA's was that you were playing as a character with no morals or qualms. When I realised that I was sympathising with CJ's plight, which was about the point when he cried, I just stopped caring. I don't play sandbox style games for the intricate plot development. I play them to blow up as much stuff as possible.

Having said that. I did feel that the ending was good. Even though I had long stopped fully caring, it was nice to see CJ get revenge, and to know what all the remaining characters were doing after the game was over, kinda like VC's phone calls.

From what I gather about GTA4s ending(s), there's not a happy resolution in either. Usually when there's multiple endings to a game, it's either good or bad. But if I'm presented with a choice of two "bad" ones, it's going to make me wonder why I played the game in the first place.

Meh. To me, GTA was best when its protagonists were sweary, anti-social psychopaths. If Tommy Vercetti's cousin had phoned him up every five minutes to go bowling, he'd have whacked him in no time.

6. latios reborn

latios reborn Well-Known Member

That's the thing I didn't like about SA the whole "gangster" thing, once CJ got out and about then it became a good game but the whole Los Santos gang thing was well crap. Especially when you had to go out and get a whole lot of land or what ever to continue on in the story.

Vice City may be short but that's a good GTA game. IV is good also except the constant phone calls of people wanting to go out in the middle on a mission

7. oske

oske Well-Known Member

Yes, damned Roman.

8. cbiesra

cbiesra Pedophillia? Naww.>>

I've never gotten to play GTA: 4 but, GTA: San Anreas is one of my favorite games.
    With drugged up cops, backstabbing drug dealers, getting fat at Burger Shot, and purple and green gang fights how can you go wrong?

9. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

yeah it's very annoying here as well, that roman is like a stalker to me

i even found a comic about it a while back:
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=265

10. eminemjame

eminemjame Active Member

I like GTA4 very much
    but I have no idea about San Andreas, haven't played it yet

11. Swampy

Swampy Crack the Skye

Played through GTA: SA and GTA4.

To be honest I couldn't stand GTA4 for the life of me. Rockstar went more "realistic" and somehow managed to remove any trace of fun from the game.

Anyone that enjoyed San Andres and hasn't played GTA4 I usually tell them just to go play Saints Row 2. SR2 is more in-line with the GTA people know and love.

12. latios reborn

latios reborn Well-Known Member

They did go more "realisitc" yes with the people but it was still "fun" running over them. (accidentily of course)

13. NinjaBaker

NinjaBaker Well-Known Member

San Andreas all the way, I played GTA4 at my friends house, and i dont get the same feel I did while playing San Andreas, San Andreas had a more cities to explore and had so many awesome places, but in GTA4, Liberty City looks the same to me, skyscrapers here and there....

SO SAN ANDREAS TOTALLY WINS;munchlax;

14. Witchan

Witchan Shauntal, FTW!

GTA4's better than GTA:San Andreas. I've never really liked GTA: San Andreas just because of it's on stereotypically personalities and much.

15. empoleon1720

empoleon1720 Is amused.

San Andreas. I'm currently playing it. (on pause) I just got a Sabre and spray-panted it green. THE GREEN SABRE!! GO GROVE STREET FAMILIES!!! BALLAS CAN KISS MY ***!!
    Sorry for the profanity. Anyway, San andreas, man, thAT GAME IS THE BOMB.
    STARTING NEW TOPIC: What was the funniest moment in either GTA games?

16. oske

oske Well-Known Member

GTA SA, gettin' revenge on that cop in the final mission.