• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS Guardians club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean de Kotennoh.

Toujours en écrivant
Sure you can join. For now you can do Analysis. So If there is anything we find and are unsure of its legitimacy you can help make the call. You will need to have a knowledge of event legends such as details it should have. Like the OT, ID, english names or another language, type of ball it should be in, if there are any that could be personally caught or only through downloads. You can help out for sure!

Welcome aboard!

Awesome, and I do have a fairly extensive knowledge of where Pokémon occur in-canon, so I'll be able to spot fake-location hacks of the bat. Also, I know the names of nearly all the Pokémon in both English and French, and I have a source for finding the other various languages. I have about four different Pokédex guides (Prima, Vs. Books, Serebii, PokéDream), and a large listing of information as to OT's and the like.

All in all, I'm certainly glad to be the "Senior" Analyst!

I love the idea of the two trainers, Jirachi in the middle, and the GTS launch tunnel. An awesome thing. Now then, about whether it should be a legit Jirachi or not... I have an idea, but it may take a bit more effort. If we can find someone to do some sprite splicing, we could have a Half-and-Half Jirachi; good and evil at once, representing both sides of that for which we stand.

Once we get a banner, I'll put it into my signature, and I'm going to go ahead and place a link now.

Alright, so as the Senior Analyst, please add a link to my Email address beside my name on the member list, so that people can immediately Email me any questions they have about the Pokémon they've found:

jeanpaolobrunocartier@gmail.com

Thanks, and again - very glad to be aboard.

~Jean

EDIT: Check out my signature. I was just typing away, and the words came to me. How does that sound for a motto? If nobody likes it, I'll gladly remove it.

Last edited:

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Progress report:

Date: Feb 10 @ 1:50pm canadian
Got from GTS: lv. 100 Celebi.
Analysis: It hails from hoenn, that's ok BUT......is in a master ball and the OT is Grifen and the ID is unheard of. quite certain this is a hack but plz does anyone know if they're were any events that allowed in game capture of this pokemon.

Action taken: Pending consensus of our analysts it will be destroyed.

BTW, good work with the ralts!!!!

Jean de Kotennoh.

Toujours en écrivant
Progress report:

Date: Feb 10 @ 1:50pm canadian
Got from GTS: lv. 100 Celebi.
Analysis: It hails from hoenn, that's ok BUT......is in a master ball and the OT is Grifen and the ID is unheard of. quite certain this is a hack but plz does anyone know if they're were any events that allowed in game capture of this pokemon.

Action taken: Pending consensus of our analysts it will be destroyed.

Yes, all event Pokémon (barring, evidently, the Gen 4 Darkrai and Manaphy), should come in a simple Poké Ball.

There were no events that allowed in-game capture; the only Pokémon falling under that category were the Ticket Pokémon, e.g. Mew on Faraway Island in Emerald Version (after obtaining the Ticket at an event) and Deoxys on Birth Island (same story).

All things considered, I'm willing to call it a Hack without any question.

Case closed.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Thank you both, I will now dispose of the obvious hack.

Thanks Jean De Kotennoh, the forms for reports is a splendid idea.

For now on, all hunters and analysts please adhere to the forms in post one for reporting.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Been trading Suicunes back and forth, looking for
a hack. Went through 12 all where legit. Saw a
Regice that had a Manaphy picture, wasn't able to
nab it. Destroyed the hacked Articuno I obtained.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Good job with the articuno. It is hard to catch things sometimes but I find that it helps to put up a freshly hatched johto starter and get an extra manaphy and then hold it until someone puts up something asking for manaphy. I saw a celebi and a suicune where the recipient wanted a manaphy, one of which I snagged! It was a hack celebi, the one mentioned before.

Also, anyone else tracking jirachi look out for a trainer named 'jesus'. He puts up several a day or so and I seen him post intentions elsewhere of 'mass producing jirachi via AR".

I saw a mew I couldn't grab, it had a PG 18 name so to speak. Couldn't get it.
Also saw a milotic with a celebi pic too.

kodochakhfan

Qwilfish Has Spoken
Hey, I'll join this : D. This is pretty cool with the hacks in such, although I have NO idea how to tell hacked from real ._.

Jean de Kotennoh.

Toujours en écrivant
Which is what we Analysts are for! *points to self* If you're not sure (or even when you think you are), simply use the form shown in the first post to post all about the Pokémon you've found, and an Analyst will make the verdict.

(I don't recommend getting attached to a Pokémon until you're sure it's NOT Hack...)

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Well said jean.

Kodochakhfan, welcome aboard. Please familiarize yourself with what is to be done and the reports forms on post one!

kodochakhfan

Qwilfish Has Spoken
Okey. : D! This'll be fun! My friend just gave me uncloned Shiny jirachi lvl100 so im basically extremly excited right now!!!

Spodee

I think this club is a great idea, I'd love to join :)
The only downside is the hackers get legit pokemon *sigh*
I don't clone pokemon right now because the gts can be risky by what I know and I'm not up to the battle fronteir in emerald yet, but when I do I will clone and destroy some hacks :D
Keep up the great work!
I'm useless at seeing a pokemon is hacked or not unless it's really obvious.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
welcome spodee!

Don't worry about not being able to discern hacks for yourselves,as you can see we have analysts here to do that for you. All you need to do is to do is fill out the forms when reporting and a verdict will be rendered. As seen thoughout the club. And don't worry, I don't think it is the hackers who will get our pokes but the people who got hacks when attempting to trade and sending the hack back in disappointment. Also alot of hacks are just 'given away' so it could be anybody.

I just wanted to remind everybody not to offer up pokemon which you love and want to keep. I only send up something I have extra of.

I'll be back later with a hack report.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Progress Report:

Date: Feb. 11, 3:55 pm
Got From GTS: Lv. 100 Suicune
Analysis: a trainer by the name of Will (looks like
a biker) has been giving away a massive amount
of Suicunes on the GTS. Over a 2hr period I watched
him give away 20 Suicunes, one was even shiny.
All he ever asked for was a lv 50 or more Zapdos.
ALL of the Suicunes were lv 100. After checking the
2 Suicunes I was able to get it has been determined
that they both are legit. Caught in Kanto, each with
different stats and each inside a Master ball.

Action taken: the Suicunes have cleared and will
be spared.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Good work king of ho-ohs, but in 'action taken' it would be good for you to tell us what you did with the suicune, ex; kept, donated, returned to gts...etc. Otherwise, really good job.

Progress Report

Date: Feb 11/8
Pokemon Obtained: celebi, lv.100
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location): ID: 04061, OT: in japanese. Ball: Master ball, Arrived from Hoenn
Decided Action: destroyed if analyst can conclude that this is a hack.

Jean de Kotennoh.

Toujours en écrivant
Analyst's Verdict
Hunter: Firewall
Pokémon: Level 100 Celebii
Deliberation: The Celebii's listed ID No., 04061, matches no known ID No.'s for legitimately released Serebii (10th Anniversary, Ageto, etc.). The fact that it came in a Master Ball is also a warning flag. It should have come in a regular Pokéball. The Hoenn Location further complicates thing.
Final Verdict: It's a Hack; destroy it.

-----

PS - the forms are easier to read if each category is bolded; just something to consider.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Thanks and I will do both of those suggestions.

BTW, legit ones also would come from hoenn. Ex; ageto, or any other released in the GBA era. My 10anniv was from hoenn.

Good job everyone!

I have discovered something: all those "hacks" we see with the incorrect picture may not be the result of hacking but a gts glitch! I believe this because each case the wrong pic was the image of the pokemon wanted in return. Secondly, I tried to get one and it said it was already taken YET...came up in three searches thereafter.

I think we should ignore those ones.

randomspot555

I thought the only picture shown on the GTS while searching was the picture of the Pokemon that you searched for and it's results, not the Poke that was being asked for. I also thought the picture was a stock picture so like, for example, a shiny wouldn't show up as a shiny.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Good work king of ho-ohs, but in 'action taken' it would be good for you to tell us what you did with the suicune, ex; kept, donated, returned to gts...etc.
Sorry, they were returned to the GTS.

Date: Feb 11/8
Pokemon Obtained: Suicune, lv.100
Analysis: ID. 06227, OT. 10ANNI, Hoenn
It's a 10th Anniversary Suicune I only need
to know if the ID is recognised as a 10th
Anniversary ID. If so the Suicune will be kept
by me or traded on the forums.
Verdict: No action will be taken untill
someone can confirm or deny that it is or isn't
a hack.

Status