• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS Guardians Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

New members now being accepted!

WANT TO BE A MEMBER? READ THIS:

You must read the rules, PM me, and request a role before you post.

Rules and fun stuff here:
http://pokemontrader.livejournal.com/

Specific URL for rules are here

The current and only entry is the Rules/FAQ entry. It may be periodically updated, and you all should check it as such. It is required reading. I know, it's a lot.

New Rules:
This was moved to the off-site Live Journal. It still applies, I'm just getting it out of the thread.

Reminder: I sent out Analyst tests last weekend. Those who passed are now off Probation and promoted to an Analyst. Those who didn't answer are now listed as Hunters and as Inactive. You may reapply to an Analyst position as you wish, and all you need to be listed as "Active" again is submit a report/contribute discussion to the thread, or shoot me a PM/VM.

Member's list will be maintained in this post. The report form is posted here, and the roles are re-posted here.
Member's list:

randomspot555: Owner - Active
callum5042: Hunter - Active
Mrmagius: General Analyst/Archivist - Inactive
Stoc15: Archivist/Hunter - Inactive
A-Buritto: General Analyst - Active
a_person: General Analyst - Active
pirate555: General Analyst - Active
Mr.Twinkie: Hunter- Inactive
Thehackcatcher: Hunter - Active
Sapphiredragon929: Hunter - Active
Mr.Joker: Hunter - Active
UmbreonsGlow: Hunter - Active
Lucario625: Hunter - Active
Too Funk to Druck: Hunter - Active
Emo_Kirlia: Hunter - Active

Honored veterans (they're welcome back at any time):
firewall: Former owner - inactive
Jean de Kotennoh: Former analyst- inactive

Report form:

Date: When did it happen.
Obtained: GTS trade, Wi-Fi Trade, Union Room trade
Information on the Pokemon: List anything that makes you think it might be hacked, or need further clarification. Shiny (or lack of), ribbons, Pal-Park/caught/hatch info, OT/ID#, and so on.
Verdict: Hacked, legit
Action taken: What happened after analyst is given

Roles:
Hunter- Basic, entry level. Your job is to get Pokemon off of the GTS and bring them to us for analysis. Do not release Pokemon unless you are 100% certain they are hacked.

Analyst: Someone who can analyze the Pokemon. They may specialize in something specific. Checking for EVs/IVs, illegal move sets, event information, and so on. Other members are free to analyze Pokemon that are posted too, but official Analysts' word carry more weight.
Analysts can also carry out Hunter duties.
Besides various kinds of information analysts (game mechanics, events, etc...), I'd also like to find someone who can utilize hack checking programs, as well as someone who can hack check with PBR. Anyone who can, please PM me.

There are four types of Analysts.
Probational Analyst: These Analysts have not been certified yet. Must pass a quiz given by the Owner or Analyst+ before being certified.
General Analyst: These are certified Analysts who did not specify a specific field.
[Specialty] Analyst: Fill in Specialty with the specific field.
General/Specialty Analyst+: Those with a + mean they can certify wannabe Analysts. The Owner will choose these people at his discretion, and is not a position you can ask for.
All analysts will start as Probational. Before their interview, they should specify if they want to be General or pick a specialty. Assuming they pass the interview, the member list will be properly modified to reflect it.

Archivist: Archivists are in charge of keeping records, something that was done in the original club with varying success. Their job is to archive information of members' activity, including what happens to the Pokemon they find on the GTS. This is only in relation to members' activity. Due to the variety of online resources, it's pretty much a given that someone else will obtain information about game mechanics, event Pokemon, etc... before we do.
Archivists also can assist the Owner in encouraging members to stay active and can PM semi/inactive members on behalf of the Owner. Any abuse of the PM system in the name of this Club will not be tolerated, so don't abuse it.
This position does not inherently qualify for any other position, though there is nothing to prevent an Archivist from taking up other roles.

Creative artsy fartsy hippie person: These people can do banners and graphics and fun stuff for signatures and whatever else. They only have permission to create. The Owner (me) must approve before anyone uses it in their sig.

Owner: Me. I can do everything, though the point of the titles is so I don't HAVE to do everything.

Last edited:

callum5042

Brawl Pro
Ok i will join as a hunter but are you going to have tha system with themissingo and celebi like on the old thread?

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
I'd like to re-sign up please as a Hunter/Analyst. I'd like to be an Archivist too but it could take a little time to organize our hack count from he last thread (though it is cerainly not beyong me, effortwise).

If/When admitted I'll post some hacks that I've recently destroyed.

randomspot555

I'd like to re-sign up please as a Hunter/Analyst. I'd like to be an Archivist too but it could take a little time to organize our hack count from he last thread (though it is cerainly not beyong me, effortwise).

If/When admitted I'll post some hacks that I've recently destroyed.

Go ahead and post your stuff. I'll have to talk to you via PM at a later date to make sure you're knowledgeable enough to be an analyst, so I put "Probational" in your title for now. I won't be asking any trick questions, but just to make sure you have a good foundation of knowledge of the game mechanics needed to identify hacks.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
There is something going on at GTS, the darkrai section is use able!
I am not sure if they are legit. All the darkrai there are in english. I could not trade mine , but I traded for one and it worked.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
I'm a newbie here, but I think it's time I come and help you guys. I will join as an archivist, because I can hold a memory for a long time. My main reason for joining this club is that I don't like the people on the GTS scamming us. And, I don't want to be scammed as well! So, I will help you by using the power of memory to keep records!

Stoc15,
Future Archivist

randomspot555

There is something going on at GTS, the darkrai section is use able!
I am not sure if they are legit. All the darkrai there are in english. I could not trade mine , but I traded for one and it worked.

I thought this would go without saying, but first, you need to request to join before making a post. Please come back in 24 hours and try again.

I've edited into the OP so this won't happen again.

I'm a newbie here, but I think it's time I come and help you guys. I will join as an archivist, because I can hold a memory for a long time. My main reason for joining this club is that I don't like the people on the GTS scamming us. And, I don't want to be scammed as well! So, I will help you by using the power of memory to keep records!

Stoc15,
Future Archivist

I appreciate it. The old GTS Guardians thread is either on page 1 or 2 of the Clubs forum. Just copy/paste any relevant information you find and put it (preferrably) into a Word Document.

Particularly:

Old Member's List
Filed reports and what happened
Any useful facts or hints that can help members find and detect hacks.

But keep Archival work out of this main thread until we're ready to present it publicly. Not only do I want the information to be available, but I want it to be correct and accurate too. That's in particular to #3, whereas #1 and 2 are pretty straightforward.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Go ahead and post your stuff. I'll have to talk to you via PM at a later date to make sure you're knowledgeable enough to be an analyst, so I put "Probational" in your title for now. I won't be asking any trick questions, but just to make sure you have a good foundation of knowledge of the game mechanics needed to identify hacks.

Oh, OK then sure. I feel ike I have to revise now, lol.

Anyways: Hacks & Legits

Date: 23 december 2008
Obtained: Celebi
Information on the Pokemon: Lv 100/Fom Kanto/ OT & ID are that of a trainer impying that someone caught it which is not possile for Celebi.
Verdict: Hacked
Action taken: Destroyed

Date: Some undiscernable time ago (I forgot basically)
Information on the Pokemon: Masterball/ID: 37107/OT: Something Japanese
Verdict: Hacked cause of having an unobtainable ID for a Celebi

Date: 23 December 2008
Information on the Pokemon: Masterball/pokerus/ID: 65535/OT: Something Japanese
Verdict: Hacked cause of having an unobtainable ID for a Celebi

Date: 23 december 2008
Obtained: Mew
Information on the Pokemon: Pokeball/ID: 50716/OT: Something Japanese
Verdict: Legit cause I think its a Hadou Mew
Action taken: Kept as bait for GTS

Obtained: Jirachi
Information on the Pokemon: It's at level 20 and says it was caught in the mining museum, 'nuff said.
Verdict: Hacked
Action taken: Destroyed!

Obtained: Deoxys
Information on the Pokemon: Repeat Ball/ID: 38711/OT: A series of repeating japanese symbols/comes from Kanto but has been Pal parked
Verdict: Legit birth Island possibly but may be a japanese version of the "AAAAA" ar hack thing due to repeating symbols
Action taken: will destroy due to likelihood of hackness unless any of you can verify it.

Obtained: Lugia
Information on the Pokemon: Masterball/ID: 31894/OT: FLER
Verdict: Legit navel rock Lugia
Action taken: GTS bait again

And thats all I got for now

Last edited:

randomspot555

Obtained: Deoxys
Information on the Pokemon: Repeat Ball/ID: 38711/OT: A series of repeating japanese symbols/comes from Kanto but has been Pal parked
Verdict: Legit birth Island possibly ut may be a japanese version of the "AAAAA" ar hack thing due to repeating symbols
Action taken: will destroy due to likelihood of hackness unless any of you can verify it.[/I]

I don't have Wi-Fi access so I can't look at it myself, BUT if it's Pal-Park info looks correct, then there's one thing to tell:

If it's NICKNAME (right above the sprite) has 5 characters or less, then it's fine. If it has more than 5 characters, it's hacked. If you can't tell, keep it until I can look at it myself.

EDIT: And to XD: Yes, the Darkrai ban was lifted. Darkrai's key item is available for download for Japanese Platinum games, where it is found on Newmoon Island at level 50.

Upcoming rant/update: GTS changes and glitches, and how you can disqualify yourself from the Club! (IE more specific rules)

Last edited:

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
The nickname has five character so I'll take that as confirmation that its real then. I'll swing by the Darkrai section before I go off to bed, see what I can find.

Also I know the Analyst position is probational but I was also shooting for Archivist and Hunter at the same time, you've not listed those so does that mean I don't qualify or something?

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
I'm working on the list at the moment, keeping track on the members, helpful hints, and examples of donations and Pokemon would most likely release. I don't have the GTS either, although I used to have it and currently is trying to get to work again, I know how scammish it can get there. Once, me and my brother were on the GTS, hunting for good bargains. Then, we find the most stupid bargain in the history of mankind: Level 100 Deoxys for Level 4 Venomoth. And then I'm like: "That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen!" And then my brother's like: "Let's go for the Mew I wanted!" So we decided to actually get it, and he actually gets it. And I'm like: "Are you sure that's legit?" And he's like: "It says they used the Map thing." I then paused for a minute, and then I responded back to him. "Wow. That thing has got to be Japanese!" And then it turns out it was. But one time, we had to deal with a Jirachi. It all started when I began to rant about how I wanted one bad. I'm like: "Let's get the most rare Pokemon ever that can be legit!" So we go on the hunt, we get the Pokemon for a reasonable trade (level 70 Ampibom) and we see it. This is what it said: Level 100 Jirachi. Caught at level 100 at Pokemon Center. And then I'm like: "Sweet mother of God! We got scammed!" And then me and my brother start ranting about how stupid the scammers in the GTS are, and then we finally release the Jirachi. Feel my pain.

randomspot555

Also I know the Analyst position is probational but I was also shooting for Archivist and Hunter at the same time, you've not listed those so does that mean I don't qualify or something?

Analyst is a rank above Hunter, and carries all the same qualifications and responsibilities as a Hunter can.

If you also want the Archivist position, I assigned Stoc15 pages 1-5 of the first thread. You can take pages 6-10.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
I was assigned pages 1-5? I'm doing pretty good with it anyway. I just need to know when I actually get to post this info, because I don't like it hiding inside Word forever. Anyway, I can be an analyst as well. I just need someone to bring me specimines, and I will research them and conclude if they are worthy enough to be considered non-hacked. Although if you read my story above, you could figure that goal is hard to get.

Johnny Knoxville

FEVER =75WT=
Eh!! Don't forget me, yeah! I'm in!

randomspot555

I was assigned pages 1-5? I'm doing pretty good with it anyway. I just need to know when I actually get to post this info, because I don't like it hiding inside Word forever. Anyway, I can be an analyst as well. I just need someone to bring me specimines, and I will research them and conclude if they are worthy enough to be considered non-hacked. Although if you read my story above, you could figure that goal is hard to get.

I'll be talking to all Analysts-candidates in the near future to make sure they have the knowledge to be one.

99% of what we analyze can be done through the Hunter posting the info, rather than us looking at the Pokemon ourselves. The only reason one will ever need the Pokemon themselves is to run it through PBR Wi-Fi or a hack checking device.

I'll put you down as a Probational Analyst, and we'll see if you have enough knowledge to be one at a later date.

The only reason I want to delay making it public is because I'll probably host it off-site, probably on a Livejournal space or something relatively simple, and my life is a bit hectic (as I'm sure most people's lifes are for the holdiays). And I want to make it nice and tidy.

Eh!! Don't forget me, yeah! I'm in!

Please try again in 24 hours and re-read the first two posts of mine (#1 and #3).

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
Fair enough. I have actually finished my recordings and got about eight pages in Word, pretty fair for notes. But anyway, I'd just like to say that if we need a banner that I can create one. I'll need a sword graphic though. So, keep on posting and let's keep on getting new members so we can fight off the scammers of the GTS and reclaim the actual legit Pokemon!

randomspot555

Fair enough. I have actually finished my recordings and got about eight pages in Word, pretty fair for notes. But anyway, I'd just like to say that if we need a banner that I can create one. I'll need a sword graphic though. So, keep on posting and let's keep on getting new members so we can fight off the scammers of the GTS and reclaim the actual legit Pokemon!

A banner would be fine, but I have ultimate control of any/all banners here, and I kind of de-test 99% of the banners out there.

Let's put it this way: If it resembles something that came in from the fan-fic or Shipping forums, I'll probably reject this. They're super serious. I'd rather have something more cool and relaxed, or chill, or something.

Keep it simple, is what I'm trying to say.

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
Id like to join

I would like to join your "GTS guardians" Club & help clean up the GTS, because in the past i have gotten far too many illegitimate pokemon off the GTS, which really annoys me, and i can see your organization is a good cause.

Anyway I would like to Be A Hunter/Analyst because i can look in to events & Ev's/Iv', move sets and all that jazz. I can Hunt now & check via battle revolution & analyze pokemon specimen. as my wifi is fixed.

I hope i can join the fight against hacks & the good cause which is the "GTS Guardians" club.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post & if you could get back As soon as possible, that would be great.

A-Burrito

Last edited:

randomspot555

I added you two to the list. To all the Probational Analysts, I'll try to get in touch after Christmas. However, it's likely it'll be put off for most of you until 2009 starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.