• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS: Something that drives me nuts!

Ethan

Banned
GTS is an absolute joke. I mean Nintendo was so sloppy that they didn'y even try to set ground rules. I mean the whole thing is plagued with peopl wanting lv 100 darkrais for lv 5 starlys. The times where you do get some actually decent pokemon there hacked.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I wish they would make an event with a level 5 Myuu. >_<
I myself am sometimes temted to buy "the device" just to foil them myself. It just gets so annoying, everywhere I go there is always some idiot asking for a level -9 Myuu.
Oh, I think I had a cloaked Jirachi, becuase I know that thing wasn't legit, and it let me trade it to another person.

karven

i search the GTS for legendarys because people usually ask for legendarys, so if i have like 5 Dialgas then i could just put them up on GTS for a pokemon that i need to complete my pokedex, cause doesn't Dialga for a Bulbasaur sound like a good trade to you?

Jazzy

Typical
Meh. 90% of celebis are hacked, and they are still tradeable. Unfortunately, I havnt seen a mew so I cant go for a 9 and under one. Which makes me sad. Also, it was suggested by someone a while back that when you ask for darkrai, shaymin or arceus they come up as 9 and under mew. Which would explain why no one ever asks for these three.

xgina

Banned
i THINK that if you hack something on an adv game the gts lets you trade it.

but chibi pika said he made them on his ruby so ¯\(°_o)/¯

Mewchirio

Alot of people are hacking into their games, but maybe Nintendo should make their games unhackable, or something.
Just a thought...

Mewchirio

Rakurai

Getting hacks irritates me, so I don't even bother with the GTS anymore. I can't even trade for common Pokemon without getting them.

Jazzy

Typical
i THINK that if you hack something on an adv game the gts lets you trade it.

but chibi pika said he made them on his ruby so ¯\(°_o)/¯

Which leads to the next problem: Its very hard to tell if something pal parked is hacked, as the no1 way of discovering hacks is checking the location. But now ill never know if my shiny Raquazas legit. Or my regirock. Ill assume there hacked.

neo_senku

the gts was an idea that i personally think wasn't thought out well. i mean the cloning glitch is just that a glitch and it happens, it would seem that if they wanted to they could put some kind of update on on there the next time you connect to correct the glitch like they did with the berry glitch, but i guess the backlash from fans might be too much. then i always thought it was stupid that you could only trade for pkmn you had seen in your dex which made it hard to get some pkmn like ho-oh and mewtwo for example. then some of the trades you see are just wtf. i dont bother with that thing anymore unless its something simple i'm trying to get like a chimchar or cherubi.

Ethan

Banned
Everyone knows that GTS is a royal pain in the ***, GF and Nintendo should hae known that that would have to put some regulations on it but they didn't. If they decide to make another gen then they better fix this, because I recently started my own nucleur weapons program. :) but to avoid repeating myself what do you think should be done to improve it? Ideas anyone?

Last edited:

neo_senku

Everyone knows that GTS is a royal pain in the ***, GF and Nintendo should hae known that that would have to put some regulations on it but they didn't. If they decide to make another gen then they better fix this, because I recently started my own nucleur weapons program. :) but to avoid repeating myself what do you think should be done to improve it? Ideas anyone?

1). Well like i mentioned fixing the glitch could be one thing

2). Making it so you don't have to have seen the pkmn in your pokedex to ask for it

3). Restricting the pkmn that are not possible within the game without a cheat or cheat device, like a lv9 Infernape

4). Show the pkmns natures and stats any any other vital info to a trade

mega_sam

1). Well like i mentioned fixing the glitch could be one thing

2). Making it so you don't have to have seen the pkmn in your pokedex to ask for it

3). Restricting the pkmn that are not possible within the game without a cheat or cheat device, like a lv9 Infernape

4). Show the pkmns natures and stats any any other vital info to a trade

I agree with all but one of these. The cloning glitch is very useful for replicating items like rare candies and pp maxes. I use the glitch to clone most of the pokemon I trade but I dont clone events because thats not fair. The fact that you cant see their stats is basically what makes it so easy to trade away hacks on GTS. Thats the no. 1 problem if you ask me.

Mewchirio

I agree with neo_senku, but pokemon like:
Arceus
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Shaimin
Celebi
Mew
Darkrai
etc.

Should be banned, and nintendo should have staff, like, patrolling the GTS
Just a thouht

Mewchirio

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
A steering wheel sticking out of my pants is also driving me nuts.

Er, right, however, the GTS sucks. I think it was made so you forced to make friends to trade for new pokemon.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
What I find ridiculous is the fact that everyone seems to think that people trade away those one of a kind pokemon. When I first got to the GTS, I checked to see what it was like by requesting a Magikarp. First hit? Magikarp Lvl.1. Want? Level 9 and under Mew. Second? Lvl 2. Want? Lvl 100 Palkia. It got even uglier from there.

Jazzy

Typical
What I find ridiculous is the fact that everyone seems to think that people trade away those one of a kind pokemon. When I first got to the GTS, I checked to see what it was like by requesting a Magikarp. First hit? Magikarp Lvl.1. Want? Level 9 and under Mew. Second? Lvl 2. Want? Lvl 100 Palkia. It got even uglier from there.

Of course. People just do this as a joke, as NOBODY is going to want to trade for say, a lv2 bidoof as they are SO DAMN EASY to get.

Hydro King

The Water Master
Yeah, I find the same problem with the GTS. One of the biggest reasons that I don't really trust the GTS Pokemon, is the fact that anyone of them could have been spawned from Pokesav. Oh, and that reminds me, does anyone know if hacked Pokemon off the GTS can ban you from Pokemon Battle Revolution wifi play? Because I don't really want to go on wifi yet and find out that I'm banned for having one.