• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS: Something that drives me nuts!

Pkmn Trainer Ryan

League Champion
I know I'm new but I had to get this off my chest to sympathetic people lol.
Why do people put Pokemon up for trade and ask for the exact same pokemon in trade for it?
I went looking for a charizard and 3 of the 5 people wanted a lv100 Charizard in trade for their lv100 charizard!! Why would anyone do that! Also what is the fascination with Palkia and Diagla? Once you have completed the game they are useless! you can't use them in the battle tower!!

Dragonfree

Just me
Presumably, these are people who are trying to clone the Pokémon and want to make sure that they won't actually get traded. Many people ask for something that's supposed to be impossible like, say, a level nine Dialga or something, but occasionally hackers have such low-leveled Pokémon; thus, it is smarter to ask for the exact same Pokémon you have, since if people have one available to trade away, there is no point for them in trading it for another one.

And Dialga and Palkia? Because they're version exclusives and they're legendaries, which everybody wants. Why else?

Munchy.42

Actually I found you can't trade some hacks on the GTS. (remembers time I tried to trade my hacked Celebi for a Shiny Ho-Oh) It comes up with a message that "That pokemon is unable to be traded" But yeah. I can understand if there's is male and they want a female or vice versa. Maybe they are hoping they'll get a good natured/EV trained/shiny one.

Dr Elite

ultimate Trainer
dialga and palkia is obvious they're version exclusives. but trading poke for poke is usually cloning.

Dialga and Palkia are very common requests I find too. What disturbs me is the number of people that as for a Mew or something. Have that many people actually seen one?

Also, people trade anything for anything, literally. Try putting a Bidoof or something up, and asking for a Cressilia. I don't see why people fulfill requests like that.

Dialga and Palkia are used in Uber competitive battles on Wifi. As for GTS, perhaps they have a bad-natured shiny.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Dialga and Palkia are very common requests I find too. What disturbs me is the number of people that as for a Mew or something. Have that many people actually seen one?

Also, people trade anything for anything, literally. Try putting a Bidoof or something up, and asking for a Cressilia. I don't see why people fulfill requests like that.

The Toys R Us event in 2006 in the USA gave out a Mew to anyone who walked into a participating store. That's probably why so many people chose Mew as the one to pick.

I personally select "Level 100 Magikarp" if I'm going to use a GTS glitch. You're less likely to find someone with one of those, even if it's hacked, since people don't ask for one nearly as often.

buneary dude

That is kind of annoying. But what was more annoying for me was seeing, "Mew. Level 9 and under". That stupid cloning cheat drived me crazy! I'm glad I don't see it now.

qwerty2263

The Hat > You.
The Toys R Us event in 2006 in the USA gave out a Mew to anyone who walked into a participating store. That's probably why so many people chose Mew as the one to pick.
I am prouldy one of those mew-getters. I think that they just have bad moveset/nature and want a better one.

PDL

disenchanted
I am prouldy one of those mew-getters. I think that they just have bad moveset/nature and want a better one.

I think they're still wanting to clone the pokémon. Most of the time they're asking for a Mew that's lvl 9 and under.

It's pretty much impossible to get one of those legally since every legal mew given away at events or captured in emerald is at lvl 10 and over.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
There is another thing--some people ask for a Level 9 Mew because they really do WANT one. They want one to use it to obtain all the Shinies and rare Pokes that people are cloning. Sometimes Lv. 9 Mews are actually put on the GTS, but I've never managed to get one.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
I wouldnt come to this forum for sympathetic people most people on here have been extremely jerkish, they get worked up and like yell at people and complain about people complaining when thats what they are doing?

Anyways yeah i know what you mean like a lot of people ask for insane trades they had a trade for like their lvl 1 misdreavus for a lvl 100 dialga

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
My bro tries for those Mews all the time, but he never got one. One of my friends put a pokemon in asking for a Mew lv 9 and under, and got one back. It was shiny and was nicknamed "F*** Mews". Yeah. No joke. I think that's what annoys me the most, seeing people putting obvious hacks up with inappropriate nicknames. My brother got a lv 100 shiny female Salamence, EV trained, with the nickname "FeMiNiSt". Not as explicit, but who wants a pokemon with that nickname?

Oh and Conquistador, the AR doesn't work like that for some reason. My brother made a bunch of lv 9 Mews, but none of them could be traded. Dunno why, but it didn't work.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I'm actually considering buying an Action Replay JUST so I can hack lvl 9 Mews JUST to foil the cloners xP.
I tried that. I had my evil plot all set out, to take revenge! xP I had a whole box of 'em on Ruby. And then at the last second, it told me they were untradeable. Everyone wants to get their hands on a tradeable Lv. 9 Mew.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I tried that. I had my evil plot all set out, to take revenge! xP I had a whole box of 'em on Ruby. And then at the last second, it told me they were untradeable. Everyone wants to get their hands on a tradeable Lv. 9 Mew.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Exactly why my brother made a bunch of Mews. Yep, everyone wants to foil those evil hackers. Curse them and their crafting of rare shinies and legendaries! XP

Biechae

They do it so they can clone.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I hear there are "cloaked Mews" that go around, whose level is 9 or under but trick the GTS into thinking it's 10 or above so it can get in. I don't know how difficult it is to make one, but if enough of them show up, perhaps the GTS will be less cluttered in the future.