• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS unfairness

nunzio722

levitating fetus
So recently, i have been snooping around the gts, and it seems as though everybody wants either darkrai or shaymin, both of which are regarded "secret pokemon" and are not allowed to be traded or put up on the gts.
So what i want to know, is how do people expect other people to give them such pokemon for the things people tend to try to give for them on the gts?

Larry

Some people like to be funny, some want to try their luck, and some people are douchebags...

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
The world's full of jerks and imbeciles.

It's unfortunate the GTS is as bogged down as it is.

McPokemon

A regular kid
Sometimes I know my brother, he sometimes accidently presses buttons he didn't intend to. They try to take your pokemon and get off scotch-free. A lot of people are just mean and jerky-like :p

LPdunsparce

LgendaryPokemon seni
i just avoid the gts all togeth unless i have a legit trade worked out in advance.

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
Maybe because they need one?I traded my lv 100 torterra for level 64 darkray.They would really need/want one.But I hate people who trades his magikarp for a darkray/arceus.

First of all i am sure there's already a thread on this.

Secondly, Darkrai and Shaymin can be caught in game via an event item therefore they do not have a ribbon on them THEREFORE they can be put on the GTS just like most other things. People can put up what they want and ask for what they want, sometimes it seems unreasonable but you have cloning glitches and the fact that alot of them are young and don't understand fair trades and such.

Yes they are ment to be rare and special but i do not see how that excludes them from being allowed on the GTS, to be traded just like any other pokemon.

It's things like Mew lv 9 and under that need sorting.

Last edited:

Blackbomber72

Eccentric
The GTS is full of hackers that always offer Darkrai... just ignore those Darkrais... The GTS is a funny place(when you have the complete pokedex), I got a legit Colosseum pre-order bonus disk Celebi there

EDIT: I got the celebi in exchange of a Mantyke

Last edited:

Cldawson

I control Time so ha
It's things like Mew lv 9 and under that need sorting.

The reason some people ask for a level 9 and under mew is so they can get a legit 10th anniversary mew. Now I know you can not trade them( I think), but some people could not get to the event and so have to trade over the GTS.

No you cannot trade 10A Mews via GTS http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/151.shtml

Unless this does not cover other Mews.

So does that mean people don't know this or are they just cloning?

The point is you cannot legitmatly get a lv 9 and under Mew on the GTS so it's more annoying when loads of people ask for them for menial things.

Cldawson

I control Time so ha
I never knew that you could not trade those Mews

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
a lot of people hack the games or just use some sort of action replay for multiple legendary pokemon, and people do put those legendaries up on gts as there are people who request the legendaries, knowing that they have a higher than usual chance of getting one.

I got multiple shiny pokemon and legendaries I have requested on the gts before without even expecting it to happen

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
Wait you mean you can't trade Darkrai over the GTS? I already got a couple from trading Spiritomb. The only pokemon I thought that could not be traded was Arceus. Yes there are lots of hackers but I get some awesome trades by trading Spiritomb. Got a lv100 10th Anniversary Celebi, got a lv 1 Giratina (traded a Charmander lv1), and much more.