• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS = Unreliable!

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
on the gts they ask for too much , easier to do wifi club

mimefan

Banned
GTSes are rubbish, I mean, I went to trade a rubbish pokemon for my Metang with leftovers and this ******* stole it off me.

I have a mixed opinion on the GTS. I was very lucky enough to find a shiny Eevee which i traded a Darkrai (also GTS obtained so no loss there) for it and the next day the hotel member's card thing started on the wifi so i could get my own legit Darkrai anyway.

This Eevee i speak of seems legit and is in a normal pokeball and had a 29 spdef iv so it's an Umbreon now.

However i have recieved a hacked Manaphy from the wonderful AAAAAA person (avoid this username) and my Fiance got a Honchkrow apparently caught in the distortion world at the same level Giratina is there lmao, never even mind the fact you cannot capture murkrow or honchkrow in Platinum but the DISTORTION WORLD? hahaha it certainly makes for an interesting pokemon even if it is hacked.

The number of people that ask for lv 9 and under mews really clutter up the place, i know there are thousands of other offers yet we always seem to get these lv 9 and under mew seekers possibly cloning.

Going back to the good points. The last two trades i done were for a Jirachi and Lugia. I put up a spare event Regigigas, the one that unlocks the Regi trio in Plat and i got a legit UT Jirachi, I thank that person immensly as there were quite a few AAAAAA Jirachis there and then i put my Shaymin obtained with Oak's Letter up and recieved a lv 70 Lugia clearly from HG, trained a little bit however my ev reducing berries sorted it out... not only is it legit but it is CALM natured, Perfect for it's best stat!

Oh and the lost Shaymin? No worries from me as i already had an event one obtained directly from a game store with the cherish ball, ribbon and everything.

So a mixed bag, sometimes something reasonable and good appears, a shiny Horsea appeared asking for a female Espeon... my only Espeon happens to be female however she is my precious ev trained Espeon and happens to be the very first poke i've ever ev trianed and she is lv 100 so i passed the opportunity up. There was a point were a shiny Deoxys appeared asking for a Kyogre of all things so i tried to get it but the pokemon was traded to someone else before i could get my foot in.

The most frustrating thing that happened recently before i recieved my Lugia, was that a Lugia appeared and i cannot remember what they wanted for it but i went to trade something else for the thing wanted for the lugia and then for some reason, even though the connection was 3 bars and in the green the connection failed.

A female Charmander i recieved off the GTS bred me the wonderful shiny Charizard i have now.

Anyway there is no point moaning about it because they will not listen and it's still a really cool thing which can prove really useful.

Giratina93

King of the Koopas
I tend to use the GTS alot, and SO many people want rare Legendaries in echange for MUNCHLAX and HITMONTOP. Seriously, why are they even trying to do trades THAT BAD?

Though once, I put up a lv. 27 Dodrio, and got a Typhlosion with Extrasensory out of it... That trade made me happy for weeks...

Brumrha

Banned
Okay, okay, it seemed that some of my rants about the GTS happened to be a bit... premature...

Whomever suggested me to put up an offer myself, I do thank you for the advice. I've put up a Spiritomb up on the GTS in exchange for a female Murkrow. My Spiritomb had a few selling points: the fact that she, too, is female, & the fact that she had a full-blown move-set which includes Pain Split. Combine that with the fact that Spiritomb is almost impossible to get by normal means, & I've got myself something that could definitely turn some heads. I put her up on the GTS yesterday, & I got results this morning; A girl from Japan (I'm assuming both of these as the OT's name is red & the fact that the Murkrow herself had an Asian name. I can't tell where I got it from until I can get the foreign language mod for my Pokedex...) took up on my offer. What's even more interesting is that the Murkrow hatched in "A faraway place." Does anybody know what that means?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
GTS sucks.
don't use it, unless you don't mind that the Pokemon you get are 50/50 hacked.
IMHO

The Guy

Generic Charizard
The people at Gamefreak need to listen to my complaints about this if they even "hope" to get me to use this feature in the future games...

No, they won't. Gamefreak isn't here to entertain you. They're here to make MONEY.

On the other hand, yes, the GTS sucks badly. But don't blame Gamefreak, anyway. It's the people that honestly think they can get an Arceus if they are willing to trade a MAGIKRAP. Case closed.

Linkdarkside

well i love the GTS i got lot of pokemon i nomally would not be able to get most of them are probably clones but i dont care as long as they are not hacked.

i got lucky and got 2 Manaphy which look legal since it said they came from the ranger game, i also got a Azel and Regigias for week pokemon their nature are crap,though.

Giratina93

King of the Koopas
What's even more interesting is that the Murkrow hatched in "A faraway place." Does anybody know what that means?

That means it was obtained in HG/SS, since the data for those games isn't really in Platinum or D/P....

The one thing that really iritates me about GTS is that, whenever I'm looking for, say, a Kangaskahn or Corsola, all those offered up are from people who want a Darkrai or Mew in exchange, or some pokemon that you can't get without events. It's just so frustrating...

Brumrha

Banned
That means it was obtained in HG/SS, since the data for those games isn't really in Platinum or D/P....

*raises an eyebrow*
Really?? I'd never thought that the second generation remakes would have a GTS. Since these games didn't come outside of Japan yet, that also explains the Japanese names.

I've just came up with another question to ask the Webmaster... hehehe...

*takes a note of this inside his skull*

Giratina93

King of the Koopas
Yes... And at thsi rate, my influence shall spread all across the cosmos, as I Gira, shall be king!

Anyways, One thing I've noticed is that, in the Platinmu version of GTS, you can't see the levels of the pokemon wanted. Is there some way to fix it so that you can?

The GTS can be a blessing if you know how to utilize it. I used the GTS to get a HG/SS Red Gyarados and a legit Hadou Mew (checked the ivs and trainer id).

If you know what to look for and don't get your hopes up, then you won't be dissappointed. If I want a legit pokemon with great iv's/and or nature, then that's what these boards (or the ones at Smogon) are for. But for other things, the GTS does its job. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only time your really going to see alot of hacks is when you are searching for a legandary or when there is a event out

Pormogo

Motion of the Ocean
70% of all the trades are Mew lv.9 and under, anyhow. The GTS is more like a gallery where you gawk and admire, but never recieve.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
the GTS IS unreliable. i got a hacked mewtwo from hoeen there and i traded my shiny mew for it! i dont use the gts part of the global terminal unless i really have to.

BrandonLemon

Event collector
;442;;442;;442;As much as i hated to do it in the first place, i just used pokemon modifier cheats lol,because the GTS is so unreliable, since still back before Platinum came out.

BrandonLemon

Event collector
If anyone wants to send me a PM i can get you any pokemon, shiny or not, any abillity upon request. Hope i can help :)

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
I mainly use the GTS for Dex completion purposes. However, I did one time put up a hand-bred Horsea up for offer paired with a Skull Fossil (to attract HG/SS and Pearl users) in exchange for any male Glameow, and I got a Japanese bred one that knew two egg moves (Bite & Fake Tears)! Not too bad, eh? :D

Use the GTS like how you would shop at the thrift store. Don't expect anything too extrodinary, and be prepared for lots of crappy deals. However, keep searching and you just might find something worthwhile. And check back often, as the (good) deals often change out regularly.

tempeststorm34

Yes, the GTS is incredibly unreliable, but once in a while you'll get a gem (i.e. I got a shiny Cresselia for a Registeel).