• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS = Unreliable!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Mew Lv9 and under,Dialga Lv9 and under.
Some people have mental issues.
Every time I deposit a Jirachi Lv5,I always get anything I want other then Shaymin or Darkrai.

People deposit those in order to clone.

I always have a box full of level 1 Dialga's just incase I see something rare that is being offered for one lol.

Mew is impossible though.

Uii

Breeder and Trader
I treat the GTS like a game. Chain trades, gambling, retrading and hoping for better natures. Once you get your ball rolling, it gets real fun. I think I pulled quite a few events, and a pair of Shinies. :)

treespyro

Vintage much?
Just deposit a reasonable offer and you'll get something.

I find it interesting really.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
The GTS sometimes is a pain, yes. I once saw a mewtwo on it offered for a level 40 sableye. I was like Yes!!! I still need one but I couldn't trade for it... Anyone having that too?

You shouldn't be able to trade level 9 and under Mews, hacked or not.

I thought GTS blocked them.

I wish, fortunatly it not hard to get around, just do 10+ up, although try come in handy for people who offer something good for a lv9- mew...I think that the only one blocked is arceus, although you can still offer for one

JDB1984

Time to hack n slash
I used the GTS only to evolve trade evolution pokemon. Which isn't needed now, since I have two DSes

Last edited:

zennyrpg

The gts is generally fun. But I agree that the interface sucks. Even the website isn't that great, buts its a huge improvement over the in game area.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
well as long as the hack are not obvious (do they harm the game?) I will use them

poke-pownage

Super powner
There should be restrictions on fair trades, and people who believe in this, should make a fair GTS thread, where you could post pokemon, an people could trade you what you want.

Lorde

I wish, fortunatly it not hard to get around, just do 10+ up, although try come in handy for people who offer something good for a lv9- mew...I think that the only one blocked is arceus, although you can still offer for one

Really because everytime I find one that is level 9 or below, and I agree to trade, it won't let me.

blackness777

I've had some good trades on the GTS. I had one where they wanted a bidoof for a lv. 100 Alakazam. I went out and caught one right away and got it. Then I traded for a lv.1 Chimchar which is now a lv. 98 Infernape thanks to countless training efforts. I mean, there are some good trades, but you just gotta get lucky sometimes.
The GTS sometimes is a pain, yes. I once saw a mewtwo on it offered for a level 40 sableye. I was like Yes!!! I still need one but I couldn't trade for it... Anyone having that too?
I have had this too. I will se a trade that I have something for, but it doesn't light up like it should.

Last edited:

OvErLoRd Darkspine

Dictator of Hoenn
I love the GTS. Last night I deposited a Brave-natured Darkrai (that's probably the worst possible nature for a Darkrai) on the GTS, and asked for a Shaymin.

I now have a shiny, EV'd Shaymin. It's got a Bold nature, but hey, nothing's perfect, right?

'Sides, it's loads better than the Darkrai I originally put up for trade.

Grei

not the color
I have had this too. I will se a trade that I have something for, but it doesn't light up like it should.

That's probably just because the person who wants said Pokemon is being very specific with the Pokemon. I.e., gender.

As for trades... I am so sick of requesting a Gallade or a Drapion on the GTS and getting level 69 Gallades or Drapions that were met at the Pokemon League. It's really getting annoying, and it's happened to me too many times. And you can't even ask for a Skorupi or a male Kirlia unless you ask for it at a level that you can get it at in the games, and then you just wonder "what's the point?"

God, it annoys me. It can be useful when you come across the occasional lucky trade, but otherwise it's just plain annoying.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
"And you can't even ask for a Skorupi or a male Kirlia unless you ask for it at a level that you can get it at in the games..."

Wait? Are you looking for bred Pokes? Try asking for them at their first evo at "lvl. 9 or under". It's no guarentee, especially with Ralts which can be found at lvl. 4 & 5 wild, but it's always worth a try.

But then again, you could always breed them yourself...

Lorde

The thing I hate most about the GTS is not the amount of hacks it has, it's the fact that I cannot request Pokemon I haven't seen.

How am I supposed to find a Totodile now? Wait for HG/SS?

Grei

not the color
Quality post there, Crush. Was that a mistake?

Wait? Are you looking for bred Pokes? Try asking for them at their first evo at "lvl. 9 or under". It's no guarentee, especially with Ralts which can be found at lvl. 4 & 5 wild, but it's always worth a try.

But then again, you could always breed them yourself...

No, I'm looking for Skorupis and Kirlias that are already at higher levels (even in the 40's is ok...) so that I can train them up to higher levels and evolve them. I'd rather not take the time to start from scratch, but it's impossible to do anything otherwise.

The thing I hate most about the GTS is not the amount of hacks it has, it's the fact that I cannot request Pokemon I haven't seen.

How am I supposed to find a Totodile now? Wait for HG/SS?

Hack them. Well, there's the method of completing the National Dex in Emerald. I did that on my Emerald version with my AR special help, which let me automatically get my National Dex after restarting the game and fulfilling other various requirements, so I could get all three Johto starters.

But yeah, I really dislike how you aren't able to request Pokemon you have not seen. I think it'd be better if the "requesting Pokemon you've only ever seen" thing would be there until you get the National Dex, after which you'll be allowed to request any Pokemon.

Then again, I suppose that ruins the fun of completing the National Dex... getting it through the GTS is sorta cheap.

Well, you'd still have to work at it some, they would probabaly make it so you had to complete the sinnoh dex before doing that