• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS = Unreliable!

celibi88

robochu=win
i don't really know what is going through half these people's minds
do they honestly believe there going to get arceus for there starly. OK thats a bit of an exaggeration but seriously what are they thinking

BrandonLemon

Event collector
Okay, okay, it seemed that some of my rants about the GTS happened to be a bit... premature...

Whomever suggested me to put up an offer myself, I do thank you for the advice. I've put up a Spiritomb up on the GTS in exchange for a female Murkrow. My Spiritomb had a few selling points: the fact that she, too, is female, & the fact that she had a full-blown move-set which includes Pain Split. Combine that with the fact that Spiritomb is almost impossible to get by normal means, & I've got myself something that could definitely turn some heads. I put her up on the GTS yesterday, & I got results this morning; A girl from Japan (I'm assuming both of these as the OT's name is red & the fact that the Murkrow herself had an Asian name. I can't tell where I got it from until I can get the foreign language mod for my Pokedex...) took up on my offer. What's even more interesting is that the Murkrow hatched in "A faraway place." Does anybody know what that means?

Brumrha
This most likely does not mean it was hacked but that it was migrated through the pal park feature from one of the GBA games most likely of FireRed LeafGreen or Emerald :];492-s; Btw EVERYONE TODAY I GOT A LEGIT SKY SHAYMIN :)))))))))))))))))))))))))) yeaaa

TheGambit

Azurill evolved!
Nintendo don't choose these people who make unfair offers, so don't complain to them about that. They knew there would be nooby offers like that, and they trusted the more mature people to accept and move on from all of that.

However, I can understand your point about not being enough search results. It is frustrating when you can't get enough offers, but maybe Nintendo's opinion was that if we were completely spoiled for choice, we'd worry about we were missing and not be grateful for what we had chosen.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I don't really have problems with the GTS. It's easy to get what you want, even event legendaries, if you know how.

And if you're looking for a Pokemon the key is offering yours first and then asking for what you want. It works out much better that way.

Brumrha

Banned
Brumrha
This most likely does not mean it was hacked but that it was migrated through the pal park feature from one of the GBA games most likely of FireRed LeafGreen or Emerald :];492-s; Btw EVERYONE TODAY I GOT A LEGIT SKY SHAYMIN :)))))))))))))))))))))))))) yeaaa

I never said anything about that Murkrow being hacked; if it was actually hatched from an egg, then it isn't hacked, & that's something I've known a long time ago.

I also disagree with you about your answer, as I've transferred some Pokemon from my GBA games onto my Diamond game, & they clearly said that they came from Kanto/Hoenn. & another thing: if the Pokemon I've gotten was a GBA Pokemon, it wouldn't give me any other specifications other than which region it came from & the level in which it was transferred.

Just found someone who thinks they can trade a Mew for a level 4 Starly.

Just found someone who thinks they can trade a Mew for a level 4 Starly.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
Mew Lv9 and under,Dialga Lv9 and under.
Some people have mental issues.
Every time I deposit a Jirachi Lv5,I always get anything I want other then Shaymin or Darkrai.

Calvan

EXPLOSION!!!
I managed to get A Japanese Chimchar and a Japanese Misdreavus.
I've had a fairly positive experience with GTS thus far. Sadly i can't access it often.

tom-tom

Furret <3
its not unreliable, you request a pokemon and might get one. Simple and if you dont get it, sucks for you.

GTS=Reliable

mia100

I love the GTS. I use it for a few reasons.
1. To get different ID numbers on my game for the lottery. I usually put up my female charmanders that I have leftover from breeding my shiny charmander. I ask for Bidoof's in return and once a nice person gave me their shiny Bidoof.
2. I collect different Ditto's. I want them to be from a differnt country so that I can breed my shinies and 9 times out of 10 they come from Japan. I am trying to get a collection of different natures together so that I can choose the nature of my shiny!

Both of these reasons are perfect for doing over the GTS and because I'm not asking for anything really hard to come by, I haven't yet recieved a hack.

Using the GTS for other purposes isn't as good I suppose. I've given up looking for Pokemon as even the commonest of Pokemon wants a Darkrai or Mew in return!

Escheria

Ray Tracer
GTS isn't that bad ;P I've received hacks, but also got one awesoem Eevee from there. It has two 31's in Speed and Attack, 30 in SpAttack and also knows 4 usable Egg moves. How's that? ;P Also not to mention the ton of shinies I fished, some legit events etc.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I don't liike going on the GTS. I've been waiting about 3 months just for someone to trade me a Shaymin. Most of the wants of people are Shaymin. I didn't even know about the event for Shaymin. I heard about the Oak's Letter event but I forgot to download it. But I had a friend let me trade and trade back her lv100 Shaymin and more so I saw Shaymin on my dex. I know al least someone will want my Shieldon.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I don't liike going on the GTS. I've been waiting about 3 months just for someone to trade me a Shaymin. Most of the wants of people are Shaymin. I didn't even know about the event for Shaymin. I heard about the Oak's Letter event but I forgot to download it. But I had a friend let me trade and trade back her lv100 Shaymin and more so I saw Shaymin on my dex. I know al least someone will want my Shieldon.

If you're trying to say you put a Shieldon hoping someone would trade his/her Shaymin for it.....it won't get traded most likely.
Unless your Shieldon is a Shiny, or hold an interesting item. Rare fossils, Rare Candy, PP Max, Max Revive, Sacred Ash, or Master Ball for example.

Usually, if you want a Legend, put up a shiny, a very rare Pokemon, or another Legend - it is almost guaranteed to be traded if what you give and what you want is on the same "level" (for example, you put up a Legend in exchange for another Legend, or a shiny Pokemon, which is obviously very rare, in exchange for a very rare Pokemon).
Even something common like a Budew, if it is Shiny, is likely to get traded.

very true.
so many people wanted shaymins after both before and after the shaymin event.
the GTS is so heavily abused it's hard to get anything done unless you initiate a good trade.
and even then, you dont always get the conditions you want, such as nature or EV's

Yes, the GTS is incredibly unreliable, but once in a while you'll get a gem (i.e. I got a shiny Cresselia for a Registeel).

also true. i once offered up a lvl 1 dratini bred from my TRU dragonite for a palkia of any level thinking it wouldn't trade anyhow. guess what i got the next day?

Last edited:

Duck4u11

Chompzorz
Unfortunately for me i havent had the experience of the new GTS implemented into platinum because of my internet provider, which doesnt support nintendo wifi on my DS -_-. but however when i didnt have that problem (when D/P had jus come out) the GTS was my sole provider of filling out my dex, but that mustve been b4 ridiculous offers started being made. if i cold use it today i would probably give it lots of props still XD