• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GTS website closed

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Has any noticed yet that the GTS website is closed? Did you ever use it, what did you think about, and are you sad it is closed

I am kinda upset about it becouse I just got wi-fi yesterday and I was about to use it for trade info.

sorry if something like this was made allready I could not find anything.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I never knew it closed, why did it?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
yeah there was it had info like top trades and allowed you to follow current trades.

Pansy :]

anustart
gosh that sucks, just because japan gets it in 3 days doesn't mean the rest of us aren't still playing 4th generation... hopefully we'll get a new one when black and white come out

I knew it was going to close. I've only been on it once, so I don't feel any sense of loss since it doesn't affect my ability to trade.

Nebbio

NINJA!
It was gonna happen eventualy. I went on it a few times.

mistycerulean

Aw. that stinks. I used it sometimes for trades. They should've kept it!

Suwa-Chan

The Analylist
i just hope that the new way of trading is better than the gts. the gts was a great idea but had many many flaws. here's hoping they fix the magikarp for lvl 100 arceus etc. BS or the fact that you cant ask for a pokemon you havent seen yet (kinda defeats the purpose).

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It's useless for trade info mainly because it list Pokemon being uploaded like TWO DAYS AGO. The Pokemon listed there might not even be there anymore when you connect ingame.

Not sure about the "currently ongoing trade" part on that big globe, though.
But honestly, it would have been better if it can show us the Pokemon uploaded minutes or even seconds ago.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
I visited it once or twice but I didn't really see the point of it. The fact that it's closed doesn't affect me. I hope the Global Link website doesn't close when the 6th generation games come out though because it will be more useful than the GTS site.

Soon

CoolTrainer
gosh that sucks, just because japan gets it in 3 days doesn't mean the rest of us aren't still playing 4th generation... hopefully we'll get a new one when black and white come out

I believe they are closing down that website so they can channel more server resources to global-link.

But then, global-link is down 10 days. -_-
Now it is only the 5th day and I am already in operation CWAL.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
why is it closed?

People say it was closed due to the Global Link site being put up, but I doubt that's the reason. I mean, the Global Link site only works with Japanese Black and White games so why take down the international GTS site that affects many people in many countries, just for the sake of one nation? If that's really the reason, it sounds really unfair.

I liked the GTS site. Watching the random Pokemon being traded around was fun for a while, especially when you were bored and wanted to browse through the list of Top Pokemon being traded at the time. I'm sad to see it go just when I was starting to appreciate it :s

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
hopefully they will fix the main flaw that i find if you search dialga there will be a pikachu nicknamed dialga etc. i find it annoying