• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gts

Dragon35

What with all the stupid offers that exist within the GTS I wondered if anyone has found a real gem of a trade within it?

I recently got a haunter in a trade for a Porygon. Now I have a Gengar with a Timid nature and Fighting HP. IV are a bit bad but it could be workable.

Mister_SGG

No, I never trade on the GTS and never had. All the jackasses demanding level 2 Zekroms and level 4 Shaymins just makes it probably the hardest way to get a good trade.

qwerty1111

breeder/battler
i traded a whismur once for a ut suicune with the moves calm mind, shadow ball, surf, and ice beam. it has a neutral nature with great ivs.
i also got a groundon by trading away a sableye

I dont really like the GTS system in 4th gen just because, but now l think its easier to come across good stuff because people are emtying out for 5th gen, so occasionally l will look at my SS and see if there is a TRU arceus or something japanese

Larry

I still have my first ever Pokemon I recieved on the GTS, DAN the Drapion.

Earendil

For some reason, of all the hard-to-get Pokemon, you can usually trade for Manaphy very easily (I have four or five of them I got from the GTS for really basic Pokemon).

Pinkle

I traded a level 40 vupix for a level 47 kadabra (alakazam) and a level 19 magmar for a level 45 haunter (gengar), i only asked for the haunter to be level 20 and over.. traded a level 16 meowth for a level 20 raichu, got another meowth in for a level 20+ machoke in the gts atm

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
nope. it is not easy to get LEGIT manaphy. there are shiny manas but totally hacked because i checked them all.

some are cloned. i even memorized who clones in gts since it is the same person offering. it is lame haha.

i can say 90% are hacks for in game legendaries and event pokemon such as jirachis. but mews most of the event mews are legit.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
If you use DP it can be a bit tricky to get a legit event pokemon because you can't see the OT (unlike later games). Most event-only pokemon only have a few legit OT names, so you can easily sort out the obvious hacks.