1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! (739)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, May 10, 2012.

1. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I had a feeling Krokorok wouldn't learn anything.

So where was Brick Break and him training by punching stuff? See not every training leads to new moves.

2. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

Well, Krokorok still only has 3 moves...unless he used both Bite and Crunch today.

3. UnbelievableUrsula

UnbelievableUrsula Cute and Creepy!

There will always be complaints in every episode from now on huh?

Well I enjoyed this episode. Krokorok getting some focus and Brycen is not that bad. I like him better than Koga.

4. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

Cool looking episode, dam them Jellicent are big! haha love them. This was a good episode for Krokorok as while he never beat one of the jellyfish he put up a dam god fight and I love how he (assuming its a he) acts way cooler than he actually is. Just a shame it was not a good episode for Volcarona, especially considering it was its episode, oh well B/W has been good at giving Pokemon second chances and multiple appearances (especially Deerling) so I hope for the future. It would be epic in a league match.

5. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

Volcarona came off looking weak.

Booo. Awful.

6. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Do you dislike the poor thing that much still?

------------------------

Haven't watched the episode yet, judging from the pictures and people opinions seems like a good episode.

I really think I will enjoy Brycen, I seriously didn't care for him ingame, though he was a boring snob, he is completelly different here, looking forward to watch the episode.

As for Volcarona, I disliked the pokemon design wise and the anime didn't help it at all, still seems like a random rpg low level moth that you kill to grind your first levels, as for what its purpose was it seems it was there so something the hunter would be hunting something rare.

~
    Why would Satoshi captures the rare specieis that he is protecting from the hunter? if Volcarona for some reason wanted to go with him sure but otherwise there is no reason for him to capture even if its one of your favourites.

Pseudo Legendary is a dumb term(haven't said this one in a while) and Volcarona isn't part of that dumb designation.

7. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

HOW CAN ANYONE DISLIKE VOLCARONA DESIGN!!!!one1111

Seriously, if you dont like that then I have to assume you think all bug types look bad.

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Oh my God. I thought nothing would infuriate me more than Cilan's courtroom scene from the previous episode, but his Brycen intro was just too much. Why can't the writers see that we're tired of Cilan's theatrics!? Horrible scene aside, the episode seemed to be split into two parts: the training scenes and the poacher scenes. I only enjoyed the former because Brycen and Ash were interacting; the latter part of the episode was just redundant because we've seen poachers way too often in this show. Overall, it was an average episode.

9. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Cilan was simply displaying that Brycen and Beartic are/were actors. Considering Cilan is a Movie Sommelier, it was perfectly reasonable the way he reacted...Also, I'm sure plenty of people still enjoy Cilan...I know I do.

I do believe this is the first poacher of Best Wishes, I'm sure those who haven't seen every episode would not be aware of other poacher in the show, hardly was "redundant". If we're going to call things that get used over again "redundant", that most of the show itself is "redundant". Then again, I don't see what's so "redundant" about reusing plots in a show that has over 730 episodes...most shows reuse plots that aren't even 100 episodes, shows reuse plots, it's how things are, not every single episode needs to be different.

10. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

The word "redundant" will be "redundant" by the end of Best Wishes. Even more than the show is "redundant." I can only think of 4 poachers anyway. It's kind of neat that they have them. It's a breath of fresh air from Team Rocket (even while TRio don't have very active roles as they did) it's just sometimes nice to see other antagonists besides them.

11. Lorde

Lorde Banned

He's a "this Sommelier", he's a "that Sommelier." For once I'd like for him to be real; I'm tired of him always referring to himself by a title.

I was talking about all the poachers that Ash has encountered throughout the series; heck, you could even say that Jessie and James are poachers because they're always trying to get their hands on rare Pokemon. But anyway, I just thought that the second part of the episode was boring. Volcarona was supposed to be an almost mythical-like Pokemon, yet it seemed more like a common Pokemon you would see in any old forest. The poacher character himself was bland, and the episode probably would've been better with just the training scenes.

12. WaterShuriken

Meh. I just don't see why everyone was so worked up about a new move, when it has been shown that not all training produces a new move.

13. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

I forget, but is the first time cilan is mentioned as a movie sommelier?

14. WaterShuriken

No. In Luke's debut episode.

15. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Thanks. I had a feeling it was mentioned before.

16. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

Saw the ep.

Burungel looked plenty large to me, especially in the cage with Pokemon Hunter G.

Ulgamoth did not impress me.

Dento was hilarious as always "It's Movie Tai-mu!"

Also a bit laughable that the Isshu Gym Leaders don't hold region-wide conferences where they can meet and greet, and have some supper.

He did not know, or know of Hachiku being a GYM Leader, only his movie credentials, nor did he know Aloe, or Fuuro, or Yakon. Seems like he only knew of Arti being a leader, and Kamitsure by virtue of her modeling career.

17. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Why do you hate that term so much?

Most legendaries end up having around 600+ BST.

Is it really a surprise and so horrible that a fully evolved Pokemon (Basic, Middle, FINAL) with a 600 BST is comparable to a Legendary like Darkrai, Jirachi, Shaymin, Meloetta, Genesect.

What else you would you rather call them? Because they are special Pokemon, that deserve their own classification.

It doesn't matter anyway, Volcorona isn't even classified as one. Sure it's strong and comparable to the weaker legendaries like Entei, Terrakion, etc, but it's still 50 points shy of a 600 BST.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  18. AgentPierce

AgentPierce Mad science FTW!

How is it "just too much?" Again, it was just one part of the episode.

And you cannot say "WE'RE tired of Cilan's theatrics" when it's just YOU and a minority of people who share your opinion. Most of the audience, in Japan or overseas, are perfectly fine with Cilan's theatrics since that's the kind of character he is. And compared to all of the Brock or Team Rocket running gags we've gotten over the years, I still think it's nowhere near time to be "tired" of Cilan's antics. If you could put up with that for a decade, then you can put up with Cilan for a few years.

Iris called Ash and Krokorok "kids" on more than one occasion in this episode too. I'm sure there are people who are "tired" of that too, but guess what? It's not going to stop.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  19. Lee-san

Lee-san Limbo Messiah

Well, that guy wasn't very smart.

I mean..why use a net to capture it? Why not use, oh, I don't know, a ****ING POKEBALL?
    He was clearly strong enough to defeat it in battle and he wouldn't be committing a crime.

20. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I believe he's a poacher, he's not capturing it for himself, he's getting it for someone else.