• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! (739)

gliscor&yanmega

Well, he could've just given the Pokeball to that guy then.

I believe Poachers enjoy the hunt, it's all about tracking the Pokemon down, beating it, and then giving it to the client or auctioning it off.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I believe Poachers enjoy the hunt, it's all about tracking the Pokemon down, beating it, and then giving it to the client or auctioning it off.

Yep. It's the same deal as Hunter J. She could've just used pokeballs after beating her prey down with her Salamance but instead chose to petrify them and give them to her employers. I get the sense that Pokemon hunters don't WANT to do things like regular trainers because they're sick minded people who want more of a challenge.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Great episode today. I found the whole build up for Brycen as an impressive adversary to be pretty good. Ash will definetely have a run for his money with his seventh badge. And judging for this episode, I have some doubts whether Ash will win next week. I do hope he wins though.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was okay... It was cool to see Ulgamoth and Burungeru for the first time. The Female Burungeru looked a bit odd to me... The male and female were well-animated while attacking together. Brycen and tsunbear really showed off their strength when breaking the boulders. It was hilarious when Ash and Krokorok tried to imitate them, hurting their hands while trying to punch a rock, Krokorok refusing to go in the water, and Ash going in instead. Ulgamoth was not animated very well, and it was very disappointing.

40/100

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
The battle between the poacher and Ash was very well-scripted. It was believable and looked amazing. Krokorok really stepped its game up this episode, getting some great hits on Jellicent.

I doubt this is the last we see of Volcarona.

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the episode, I enjoyed it.

I liked seeing Krokorok get a nice role in an episode, I enjoy seeing it all the time.

I enjoyed seeing Volcarona. Jellicent were cool too to me.

I liked Byrcen and his Beartic. I enjoyed Cilan's introduction of Brycen as well.

Overall I enjoyed the entire episode. But didn't someone mention that Krokorok was referred to as Axew's "older brother"? I didn't see anything like that in this episode...

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Finished watching the episode, I enjoyed it.

I liked seeing Krokorok get a nice role in an episode, I enjoy seeing it all the time.

I enjoyed seeing Volcarona. Jellicent were cool too to me.

I liked Byrcen and his Beartic. I enjoyed Cilan's introduction of Brycen as well.

Overall I enjoyed the entire episode. But didn't someone mention that Krokorok was referred to as Axew's "older brother"? I didn't see anything like that in this episode...

Yeah, Jellicent were awesome. But, I prefer the male one for the voice

Volcarona gets a terrible debut. All it gets to do is lay around in a net.

As for the episode, it's mostly battling so I didn't care for it that much.

CupidKirby

why didn't iris freak out at beartic? it's an ice type....

She did freak out for a moment, but got over it. I'm glad they didn't make that running gag too prominent.

I just watched the episode myself. It wasn't too bad, and it was nice seeing Krokorok maintained that "cool" personality he's always had. I'm almost surprise he didn't join Ash sooner, seeing as they match each other perfectly in those training scenes.

Now I kind of want to see Scraggy and Krokorok interacting, after seeing Axew getting all excited.

As for the second half of the episode, it was alright. I'm glad they had Krokorok win up until the point the poacher started cheating. I don't mind Volcarona not really doing anything much, since that raises my hopes up in the future that it'll appear in a battle and not as some deux ex-mechina plot device.

Blaziryu

I thought this episode was good. What's wrong with hunting Pokemon? Don't trainers do that all the time when they really want to catch a precise Pokemon?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This hunter's got nothing on J

SmartD

It was a good episode. Ash's training sequence was funny. I'm looking foward to the Gym Battle.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
After this episode Krokorok began my favorite mon on Ash team!! Love it 8/10

BTW - Did Officer Jenny voice change? It sounds weird!!!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Volcarona gets a terrible debut. All it gets to do is lay around in a net.

I know. Brycen and his Beartic do a much better job guarding said mountain.

What's wrong with hunting Pokemon? Don't trainers do that all the time when they really want to catch a precise Pokemon?

Full disclosure here: that Volcarona was the guardian of a mountain so it shouldn't be captured or hunted.

Also, in this world, hunting Pokemon is like hunting animals for personal profit.