• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! (739)

Gillachu

Banned
So Brycen was introduced and we saw a poacher hunting down Volcarona. Meh. For such a cool sounding episode, this felt flat...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Brycen appeared and his agility was impressive. Seeing Ash and Krokorok hurt their hands was funny, plus Jellicent vs Krokorok was quite intense. I liked how the two Jellicents ended up in cages hee hee. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
Finally, an Ulgamoth episode. While I was happy to see one here, I would have preferred if Adeku had owned it like in the Isshu games. Hachiku's first appearance was good, and I liked how they referenced the fact that he was a former movie star. His Tunbear was great, and I liked seeing a female Burungel.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I thought the training section was good, showing us Brycen and Beartic's prowess, which proves they will surely be tough opponents later. I also enjoyed Ash's battle with the Volcarona poacher and it showed that Krokorok could hold its own.

Alloutℯ

Banned
A good set-up/introduction episode for Brycen. Probably the most well done out of all the Gym Leaders in my opinion (with Skyla's being a close second). His Beartic also looks powerful.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was somewhat surprised that the poacher here even desired to snag Ulgamoth given that the species isn't exactly majestic, nor is it considered rare in the anime as far as we've been shown.

Daizy

I call you honey
First half was funny with Cilan fanboying and Ash trying to imitate Brycen. But aww man, the lack of any good Volcorona screentime was disappointing. Jellicent were quite cool and hopefully the poacher will reappear in the future.

Scorbunnie

Brycen getting an episode about a fire type moth seemed random for his first appearance but I like seeing Pokemon poachers instead of just TRio all the time so this was a good episode just based on that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
Brycen getting an episode about a fire type moth seemed random for his first appearance but I like seeing Pokemon poachers instead of just TRio all the time so this was a good episode just based on that.

At least Hachiku appeared before the actual Gym battle with Satoshi, so he got fleshed out a bit. I agree that his role in this episode seemed a little strange since there wasn't a wild Ice-type involved in the plot, but Hachiku got to show off his Gym Leader talents here, which was a good thing.

Brycen and Beartic are so badass! Looking forward to the gym battle!