• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guess who's back (back) (back)

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
WELCOME

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I recently started playing pokemon again on shoddy and this is my first team back keep in mind im a bit rusty but this team has been doing great for me, and I got a pretty high CRE out of it.

STRATEGY

Well Im an offense player so it's no surprise here that this is an offense team. but wait its not just any offense its....bulky offense Ta Dah! I looked at all these teams and I saw one thing about mostly all of them, LO starmie could tear right through them. So thats where this team started out.

THE GLANCE

376m.png
485m.png
492m.png
212m.png
330m.png
121m.png

Lets go in depth shall we..............

376m.png

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 236 Hp/ 228 Atk/ 44 Spe
-Iron Head
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Explosion

Credit to this set goes to Blue Harvest is Great. I saw it in her RMTs but I never tried it out untill now but im glad I did because this thing works great often taking down a pokemon and exploding onto the next or better yet surviving and exploding late game. Idk what the ev's do and I cant be bothered to check but I don't question Blue Harvest she knows her ****

485m.png

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
40 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 216 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock
-Hidden Power Grass

Oh what a monster specs tran is fire blast can tear through quite a lot of teams and rack up some serious damage on blissey. It really helps me when opponents switch in their gyarados to a specs Fire Blasty because I am a bit weak to it. Hidden power grass is to give swampert a beating. Stealth Rock allows me to bluff another set such as a support heatran but thats not really my main concern. Heatran just always seems to have an easy time putting up the rocks

492m.png

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Abiltiy: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 Hp/ 40 Spa/ 216 Spe
-Seed Flare
-Hidden Power Fire
-Leech Seed
-Substitue

Psuedo Celetran combo here Sub seed shaymin is the new jirahci I swear! this thing can annoy the **** out of people. It gets a free switch into blissey who starmie has trouble with and proceeds to sap the health with leech seed. Seed flare is what made me decide to use this shaymin over celebi. Shaymin can get a free sub on so many of the OU pokemon in the current metagame its not even funny once behind it just activate the sub seeding strategy.

212m.png

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 248 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-SuperPower
-U-Turn

Scizor, the mindless U-turning spammer, finds its way into this team, much like it finds itself on many other teams since Platinum's release. Scizor is a secondary check against fragile offensive Pokemon such as Weavile thanks to its Technician and Life orb boosted Bullet Punch. Scizor acts as a safety blanket against Dragon Dance Dragonite as well should it manage to set up amidst the sea of attacks. ascizor is also the primary check against Cresselia since U-turn does quite a bit of damage. I love Scizor

330m.png

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Abiltiy: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
Ev's 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

Every team needs a scarfer to check those speed boosting pokemon and mine is no exception flygon offers a good plethora of resistances here and has great synergy with the team. Outrage is great for sweeping late game once all the steel types are eliminated. U-Turn allows me to just play mind games with the opponent and Stone Edge is there to semi check DD gyara. shaymin can hold it up a bit but the combination of a seed flare plus a stone edge can KO it

121m.png

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Ev's 4 Hp/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

So many teams are weak to this its not even funny. bottom line if you dont have a blissey somewhere on your team you can't counter LO starmie your best way around it is prediction. Starmie likes to come in late game when stealth rock damage has added up and after shaymin has sapped hp from leech seed, Oh and you cant forget after Specs Tran is done spamming the fire blasts. Sadly starmie is my only safe switch into infernape but it does have a reliable way to recover hp.

GO GO GO RATE......but only if you know what your talking about

You can't really break stall at all. Shaymin is a semi-decent way of checking stall, but Taunt Skarm and other Grass Types shut it down. Defensive Zapdos are near impossible for you to defeat. Scizor/Heatran/Flygon are just free subs at the moment. From there it can easily PP stall Heatran and Flygon who are your best answers. Just changing Heatran's item to Life Orb would help out a lot. Drop HP Grass for Explosion and you have a much better chance at beating stall. HP Grass is more of a hindrance than anything anyway since Swampert = a free sub for Shaymin. I personally recommend changing to Timid if you make this change, but if you want to retain some of the power Choice Specs provided you can just invest 12 more EVs into speed to allow you to outrun the bulkiest Zapdos as faster, less bulkier ones, are much easier to handle. This is also one less chance for Lucario to setup who can do a lot of damage if it doesn't SD immediately. That's all I have to say for now. gl

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
You can't really break stall at all. Shaymin is a semi-decent way of checking stall, but Taunt Skarm and other Grass Types shut it down. Defensive Zapdos are near impossible for you to defeat. Scizor/Heatran/Flygon are just free subs at the moment. From there it can easily PP stall Heatran and Flygon who are your best answers. Just changing Heatran's item to Life Orb would help out a lot. Drop HP Grass for Explosion and you have a much better chance at beating stall. HP Grass is more of a hindrance than anything anyway since Swampert = a free sub for Shaymin. I personally recommend changing to Timid if you make this change, but if you want to retain some of the power Choice Specs provided you can just invest 12 more EVs into speed to allow you to outrun the bulkiest Zapdos as faster, less bulkier ones, are much easier to handle. This is also one less chance for Lucario to setup who can do a lot of damage if it doesn't SD immediately. That's all I have to say for now. gl

Stall takes prediction to beat. period. I haven't ran into a defensive zapdos with sub yet, infact smogon even took it off their analysis of zapdos so I haven't had much trouble with it..ill keep on the lookout. I had explosion and LO on heatran when I originally made the team, and I didn't like it too much. tbh I rarley use hidden power but it makes it nice surprise for incoming starmie, and theirs always that blissey that uses protect at just the right time, and that just pisses me off