• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guess Who's Back? (First fully in-game team in ages)

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Hey, 'sup guys? Whatever's left of the original crowd anyway, lol. I've decided to come back after three months or so of retirement, after seeing the state IGRMT has degraded to since I left. So, what better way to announce my return than with an RMT?

This team is going to be mono-fighting, btw.

62.png

Poliwrath@Leftovers
Admant
Ev's:252Hp/252Atk/4Def
~Water Absorb~
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break
-Bulk Up

Bulk Up Poliwrath. Water+Ice+Fighting is a commonly used attacking trio, and that speaks volumes about its effectiveness. Poliwrath is bulky enough not to need a Substitute ingame.

448.png

Lucario@Wise Glasses
Timid
Ev's:4Hp/252Sp.Atk/252Spe
~Steadfast~
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-HP Rock
-Calm Mind

In the Competitive scene, Lucario isn't bulky enough to run a CM set, not to mention he's severely outclassed at it. However, it's perfectly viable in-game. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball get perfect neutral coverage, while HP Rock just lets me hit Flying and Fire types for extra damage. I debated running Vacuum Wave for a while, but I decided to save that for Infernape.

Btw, yes, he's actually shiny.

392.png

Infernape@Life Orb
Timid
Ev's:24Hp/252Sp.Atk/232Spe
~Blaze~
-Fire Blast
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice
-Vacuum Wave

Infernape is my general special sweeper. Originally, he was going to hold Choice Specs, but I decided against that, because Life Orb gave him more versatility. Fire Blast is my main STAB, Grass Knot and HP Ice cover weaknesses and get excellent coverage in general. Vacuum Wave makes for a nice "sit down and shut up" button when things start to get out of hand.

286.png

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Jolly
Ev's:4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
~Poison Heal~
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch
-Facade
-Spore

Breloom is evil. This thing is the bane of the current OU metagame, and it's only going to get worse once Salamence is gone. Anyway, this is a take on the standard Offensive Facade Breloom. Spore puts a Pokemon to sleep, then you attack straight away rather than setting up a Substitute. The standard FacadeLoom runs Superpower instead of Focus Punch, but Focus Punch is, all things considered, better for ingame purposes.

475.png

Gallade@Leftovers
Impish
Ev's:252Hp/252Def/4Spe
~Steadfast~
-Brick Break
-Psycho Cut
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

This is a fun little defensive Gallade set I cooked up. The standard Gallade is an offensive Pokemon, and for good reason, it has a lot of power and some useful attacks. However, the thing that people always overlook is his useful support movepool. Brick Break and Psycho Cut offer decent coverage, only walled by frail Psychic types who would be handled by my other team members anyway. Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split mean a lot of pain for stronger offensive opponents. All in all, it's not too bad.

He's also shiny :D

454.png

Toxicroak@Life Orb
Timid
Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252Spe/4Sp.Def
~Dry Skin~
-Sludge Bomb
-Vacuum Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot

NP Toxicroak rounds out the team. Sludge Bomb usually gets bad coverage, but it actually gets decent neutral coverage when paired with Vacuum Wave, not to mention that it's a reliable and powerful STAB move. Dark Pulse is for Ghost types.

That's the team. If you're going to rate, make sure you know what you're talking about first. I know there are quite a few overlapping weaknesses in the team, but for god's sake, don't spam that I'm Flying/Psychic weak >.>

Fire away, guys.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Very nice, and welcome back. I can only see one thing to change, and that's to only run 192 Spe in 'Ape. Due to its irregular Base Spe, it's not outrunning any other important targets by using 232 Spe instead.

Anyway, this was more than a welcome back post than a real rate, but. Hope it helps anyway. I might so some more later, if I see anything.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^232 Spe allows him to outrun neutral Base 120's like Alakazam and Dugtrio.

Thanks for the welcome back wishes.

Emeraldfan

Well, hope you can keep the good work like this up in all of your posts. As I didn't knew you, I can't say welcome back, but I'll just say welcome then... :)

About your team; I can't find anything wrong. Of course the monotype gives you weaknesses, but you got them fixed really nice...
Only one suggestion: If you replace Calm Mind and put Agility in it's place, you can spam more of his Speed EV's in HP/Def/SpDef. At least, that's what I hope. Agility is usefull, because Lucario is outsped by some strong Ground types, or EQ users.
Also HP [Ice] over HP [Rock], because it will cover the Dragons more, which now only Poliwrath and Infernape do, but if Infernape is outspeeded by a Dragon it's most of the time his end, before he can kill with HP Ice. But that's just what I might use. Also, nice done, with those shiny pokemon with good natures...
Good luck on your Monotype Challenge (as I think it's what you're gonna do...) and I think it will succeed...

Last edited:

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Ahhhh Welcome back Eon, seems like much has changed even since I left for awhile too.

Plus you're doing one of my all time favorite types of all, Fighting! Really enjoy the setup you have here too

First of all, Poliwrath, my MAIN MAN! I know I'm the proud owner of a Poliwrath and he is a TANK. Bulk Up works a lot better compared to Hypnosis since it helps bolster what he wants and likes to keep. Plus Hypnosis has terrible acc now anyways.

Nice setup with Lucario, although I would go with Emerald here and sub it with Ice just to handle Dragons with Infernape and Poliwrath. Although, you COULD try to make it HP Ground just to give yourself something to hit Elecs with

Good use of Infernape, a lot more unique than just the normal physical attack set.

Yay for Facade Breloom! I always thought that Facade would be great for a Poison Heal since it pretty much makes his ability and item TWICE as useful. Personally I'd go with BB just due to early risers, but FP is still a good powerhouse. Maybe even think of Thunderpunch and Rock Slide as alternates too.

Yay for Croagunk! Very nice NP setup!

I can't say much since well, you're good at teams.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Welcome back dude. ^^

Flying weak

You have a bit of a ground weakness, but Breloom can
handle that to an extent. Adding Heracross>'Croak could
make this less of a "problem" but it isn't really necessary.
Figured I'd find something to pick apart so tis isn't just
PC +1.

Nice work. ^^

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Welcome back mang, we need moar gewd threadz...

Flting weak You're a little ground weak, but
Breloom can handle that to an extent. If it worries
you, you can add Heracross>'Croak, and because
of DrY Skin you're not just adding another fire
weakness. Figured I'd be nit-picky so this isn't
just PC +1. Nice team. ^^

AlCario

Banned
This team desperately needs a revenge killer IMO. By revenge killer I don't mean the odd priority move here or there. I mean something that can outspeed and kill the odd Flying type that fucks this team over. Scarfing Infernape and altering his moveset a little will probably do the job (Naive, customised Spe EVs and CC > Vacuum Wave will probably do). Also consider Stone Edge, but if you hate the accuracy don't worry about it.

On Breloom, Seed Bomb and Focus Punch are redundant together. Their coverage is basically the same, except Focus Punch will almost always do more damage (Except for Swampert, which Loom destroys anyway). Consider Sub or Stone Edge instead.

The rest looks fine; this thread is worthy of my 1,000th post.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Welcome back mang, we need moar gewd threadz...

Apparently so...

Flting weak

>_>

You're a little ground weak, but
Breloom can handle that to an extent. If it worries
you, you can add Heracross>'Croak, and because
of DrY Skin you're not just adding another fire
weakness. Figured I'd be nit-picky so this isn't
just PC +1. Nice team. ^^

Yeah, I considered Heracross, but I came to the conclusion that he didn't add anything to the team. Not that Croak adds much but more weaknesses, but meh. I might reconsider Cross now. Thanks for the rate.

This team desperately needs a revenge killer IMO. By revenge killer I don't mean the odd priority move here or there. I mean something that can outspeed and kill the odd Flying type that fucks this team over. Scarfing Infernape and altering his moveset a little will probably do the job (Naive, customised Spe EVs and CC > Vacuum Wave will probably do). Also consider Stone Edge, but if you hate the accuracy don't worry about it.

Yeah, I see what you mean, but since Infernape is my main offensive Pokemon, I'd rather not limit him with a Choice item. I think that I'll replace Croak with Heracross and Scarf him, he's always been my favorite revenge killer.

On Breloom, Seed Bomb and Focus Punch are redundant together. Their coverage is basically the same, except Focus Punch will almost always do more damage (Except for Swampert, which Loom destroys anyway). Consider Sub or Stone Edge instead.

Absolutely not. You see the Ground+Water weakness this team has? Focus Punch help me much there, not to mention that the main point of Seed Bomb is to let Breloom hit Ghosts harder than any other move it could carry. Sub is worthless ingame unless I'm running SubSeed, which I'm not. And Stone Edge wouldn't do much to fix that problem. I've already got enough Flying killers.

The rest looks fine; this thread is worthy of my 1,000th post.

Nice to hear that, lol.