• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guess who's coming back in epi 160?

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
I really want Harley to win but i won't be suprised because its the same writers that shaft the hell out of Sceptile.

Squirtle_007

CyberCubed said:
Why would people care if Munchlax and May lose? I mean

A) A lot of people despise Munchlax and would like to see it take a beating

B) May needs to lose at least one contest this region. It would be crappy writing to have her win every single contest without taking a loss or two.

C) Harley needs to redeem himself for the loss at Saffron. This is really Harley's last chance to prove himself to be a worthy rival again. Hopefully the writers realize their mistake of having him lose at Saffron, and are now going to rectify it by having Harley win this one

D) Who cares if Munchlax has barely been doing anything? This is just the Battle Frontier season. We KNOW that Munchlax will be shoved down our throats once we get to the D/P region. It'll be on the show for a whole 'nother 3 year + region. Munchlax not getting much screentime now doesn't make a difference, it'll be here forever.

E) I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see Harley rub his victory in May's face and make her burst into tears. Harley's first appeareance showed what a real rival is suppossed to be like, he's not a nice guy. And hey, if May runs off depressed and bursting into tears then there's a chance that we'll get another one of those Ash comforting scenes. Scenes where Ash tries to cheer May up are always a plus in my book, I loved the interaction between the two after the Rubello contest loss, in the Donphan episode of Hoenn where May thought she missed the chance to enter the GF, and at her first contest lost in early Hoenn. Ash IS suppossed to be her mentor, let's see him act like it again.

A) Not me, don´t generalize

B) I don´t see nobody complaining about Satoshi´s win - streak in Battle Frontier

C) Since when the sissy boy is considered a "worthy villian"?

D) Better now than never, I wanna see it doing something apart just eating and sleeping, let the thing justify it´s existence

E) Uuuuuuuuh, scary, take note, if you wanna be considerated a "bad guy", keep a grudge to a girl

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Judai Yuki said:
and couldnt it be a draw?

That's probably impossible. If time runs out and the trainers have the same number of points left over, they probably go into a "Sudden Death" mode to break the tie. They're not to award a ribbon to more than one person.

B) I don´t see nobody complaining about Satoshi´s win - streak in Battle Frontier

Actually people are. People want Ash to lose at least once against a Brain. At this rate he probably won't lose until Spenser.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Squirtle_007 said:
A) Not me, don´t generalize
A lot =/= all genius.
Then you must be blind. Read some of the posts in the episode and speculation discussions and you'll find a few posts.
Since the "sissy boy" is more like the original Gary than Drew.
D) Better now than never, I wanna see it doing something apart just eating and sleeping, let the thing justify it´s existence
Or end it's existance. I wish that would happen.
E) Uuuuuuuuh, scary, take note, if you wanna be considerated a "bad guy", keep a grudge to a girl
After a loss like Saffron I'll have a grudge against her. I'd also have a grudge against Ash pulling a Yugi in the first their first meeting.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Squirtle_007 said:
You're not very observant are you? Anyone with eyeballs could tell you that Harley is more than some sissy boy. Your argument fails.

Manene!

Munchlax

I take most of what I said back, As long as Munchlax puts up a hell of a fight against Harley, he can lose. He'll battle before that so, either way he'll win his actual first battle.

P

phoenix12

I'm a little conflicted here....i DO want to see May lose at least one conest in the Hoenn region so that she doesn't come off being too super-powerful already (just like I would enjoy seeing Ash lose to at least one Brain)

...but I do NOT want Munchlax to lose in its first contest apperance! I really don't understand what most people have against it...while its inclusion in the show involves promotion for the 4th generation, I don't see why that's a big problem...people complained in the past about it just being a useless promotion tool, and now that it's starting to prove itself as a decent battler, people WANT it to suck and be useless..what crap...it knows decent attacks: Solar Beam, Metronome, Focus Punch...as long as Metronome doesn't turn into a replica of Skitty's Assist (where it randomly saves May's a** almost every time it's used)

....also, considering all the PokeBlock Munchlax ate in its capture episode, it should be more than ready to do well in the Contest :p Since May dumped off her all her former Hoenn Contest champs (besides Combusken, of course) before the BF league, it's about time Munchlax steps up to the plate and compensates for what has been lost without Beautifly, Skitty, and Bulbasaur (Squirtle has already begun to prove itself as an awesome battler and appeal Pokemon) ;munchlax;

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mawile_Eyes

I agree with you. Munchlax knows a few powerful moves like Solar Beam & Focus Punch, so we may be sure that it will win when fighting with Harley's pokemon.
But I don't think May will use it to perform ^^

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I must admit, if May has to lose a contest in this region, I hope its to Harley. I like him better as her rival than Drew.

Here's also hoping for the return of Banette (Jupetta-chan, right?). Banette v. Munchlax. Then the writers can avenge the awful loss Dusclops suffered. :(

JazzJazz

Mawile_Eyes said:
I agree with you. Munchlax knows a few powerful moves like Solar Beam & Focus Punch, so we may be sure that it will win when fighting with Harley's pokemon.
But I don't think May will use it to perform ^^

I don't think May would really know how to use munchlax effectively... has she really got a handle on its moves and skills?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Well she's handled it well in battles before, but lets hope she screws up this time so she loses.
actually I'd like her not to screw up but, for harley to step his game up. Munchlax doing well and having a good battle but, losing is fine. Munchlax just launching solar beams and a focus punch and winning would be unacceptable.

Maybe Munchlax will pull a Charizard on May. She'll be like "OMG, Munchlax is my secret weapon! YAY!", and then it sits down and goes to sleep, or something like that. People have been talking about Banette going against Munchlax, but does Banette even have any attacks that would hit a normal type? I see Cacturne as much more of a possibility. Banette might be used for appeals. It looks like Harley has learned his lesson. Trick May, get pwned. Maybe he figures she'll be idiotic all on her own. Which she might be, by using Munchlax. Granted, Munchlax is a powerhouse, but it has little battle experience. The writers would reach new levels of stupidity if the had May win this one.
On to a subject that has been ignored. Will Jessie participate in this contest? And what will she use? I think that if she does compete, she might use Manene for appeals, and Seviper for battling.
Oh, and where's Drew? IMS hopes next time he appears, he has a new Pokemon.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Infinite Master Sceptile said:
People have been talking about Banette going against Munchlax, but does Banette even have any attacks that would hit a normal type?
Actually, all of the attacks it's used before would work on a normal type.
On to a subject that has been ignored. Will Jessie participate in this contest? And what will she use? I think that if she does compete, she might use Manene for appeals, and Seviper for battling.
I hope so. I would love to see Manene used for a contest, be it an appeal or the actual battle. Though that may best be saved for another contest, as it would take away from the main Harley vs Haruka plot.

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
As soon as I read the topic title I thought "dammit it better not be Harley"... I hate being right...

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Squirtle_007 said:
Bashfest!!! Bashfest!!! Gooooooooo Munchlax!!!
I´ll be waiting for Yamato-chan´s reply, he writes a loooooooooong speech to defend the Cacturne-dressed punching bag

ch..... cha..... n.....? [twitch]

[cough] I won't retort. Just gonna remind you that you better watch your a**. Swimming in shark-infested waters is crazy, doing so with an open cut is just plain suicidal. Your logic is wounded.... you sure you wanna take a dip?

Anyway, I'm not gonna get my hopes up.... on one hand, the writers could finally see that Harley's worthy of getting in a victory and realize he's a great character that really shouldn't go to waste like he is. On the other hand.... they got that Gonbe to learn three attacks before it even participated in a contest, that's an awful lot of foreshadowing. On top of that, they're probably gonna try to stuff the 4th generation down our throat by showing how great Pokemon from it are in battle. Plus, the anime writers have disappointed several times in the past (hell, the Yamabuki convention is just one such example).

All I can do is hope that he finally manages to mop the f***ing floor with Haruka, NOT lose against another baby (especially not with an extremely unbelievable win and/or pulling the new technique that would ensure this battle's victory completely out of its a**). Either way, it's a damn shame that the cheap turtle isn't the one going out there to get slaughtered. After all the humiliation it put Harley through last time, I'd love nothing but the utmost horrible things to occur to it however possible.

JazzJazz

Heracross said:
I hope so. I would love to see Manene used for a contest, be it an appeal or the actual battle.

Just curious if manene has been used in battle before? Or has it just been around for comic relief so far?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yamato-san said:

[cough] I won't retort. Just gonna remind you that you better watch your a**. Swimming in shark-infested waters is crazy, doing so with an open cut is just plain suicidal. Your logic is wounded.... you sure you wanna take a dip?
I was going to tell them, but I wanted you to do it.

I really hope May doesn't win this one. I've lost all respect for her and will take pleasure in seeing her get destroyed out there. After Saffron, I want her to get her head handed to her and her stupidity to come shining through. Her luck has to end and I say it needs to end in this episode.

Squirtle_007

Yamato-san said:

Anyway, I'm not gonna get my hopes up.... on one hand, the writers could finally see that Harley's worthy of getting in a victory and realize he's a great character that really shouldn't go to waste like he is. On the other hand.... they got that Gonbe to learn three attacks before it even participated in a contest, that's an awful lot of foreshadowing. On top of that, they're probably gonna try to stuff the 4th generation down our throat by showing how great Pokemon from it are in battle. Plus, the anime writers have disappointed several times in the past (hell, the Yamabuki convention is just one such example).

All I can do is hope that he finally manages to mop the f***ing floor with Haruka, NOT lose against another baby (especially not with an extremely unbelievable win and/or pulling the new technique that would ensure this battle's victory completely out of its a**). Either way, it's a damn shame that the cheap turtle isn't the one going out there to get slaughtered. After all the humiliation it put Harley through last time, I'd love nothing but the utmost horrible things to occur to it however possible.

The Big Al said:
I was going to tell them, but I wanted you to do it.

I really hope May doesn't win this one. I've lost all respect for her and will take pleasure in seeing her get destroyed out there. After Saffron, I want her to get her head handed to her and her stupidity to come shining through. Her luck has to end and I say it needs to end in this episode.

What could you do to me, Yamato-chan? A sissy - Harley style - scratch? Send me a flamboyant kiss?

Let´s see, when I say that Harley is a sissy, pathetic and lousy cheater Cacturne - dressed punching bag I can get banned, but ALL this bashing against Haruka is not worthy enough to a ban.

Meh, I don´t care, if I´m gonna get banned, then let this post as reference

A thing that I think is very cute is how Harley fans think that loser is gonna win someday, come on, Musashi has more chance for a win than he, Harley has the "loser" word writen in his butt and only can win if one of three things happen:
* Playing straight (But this would make him lose his "meany" personality that his fanbase loves)
* If Haruka is not around
* If the Grumpigs fly

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Squirtle_007 said:
What could you do to me, Yamato-chan? A sissy - Harley style - scratch? Send me a flamboyant kiss?
You little...:mad: You really love the fact there's a computer screen between us.
Let´s see, when I say that Harley is a sissy, pathetic and lousy cheater Cacturne - dressed punching bag I can get banned, but ALL this bashing against Haruka is not worthy enough to a ban.
Let's see, Crystal Latios isn't around anymore and there's plenty of reasons to hate May. Also, not only are you bashing Harley, you're insulting other members.
Meh, I don´t care, if I´m gonna get banned, then let this post as reference

A thing that I think is very cute is how Harley fans think that loser is gonna win someday, come on, Musashi has more chance for a win than he, Harley has the "loser" word writen in his butt and only can win if one of three things happen:
* Playing straight (But this would make him lose his "meany" personality that his fanbase loves)
* If Haruka is not around
* If the Grumpigs fly
We want him to win because at his hands, May would not only be defeated but demoralized. Not mention we can rub in the face of little douches like you.