• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guitar Hero

Diarkia124

You confused more responsive with a larger window. GH3 greatly increased the time you can hit a note in. That was an awful move on their part, and it's also why they toned it back in Aerosmith, World Tour, and Metallica.

No wonder the hammer ons are so bad in Aerosmith

Cobalt_Latios

Yes, Harmonix has said they do plan to put in a Music Creator when they feel they can pull it off properly. That doesn't mean it'll be a patch, though, and that's good for you since RB2Wii won't be patchable.
Perfect.

Yes, it's on every platform(sans PS2, which has no DLC). Also, if you care, the old DLC will be rapidly uploaded for Wii, so you'll have a lot to do. Rock Band as a platform(because that's what they designed it as, unlike Activision, who plans to have ten GH games in 2009, meaning the DLC for GHWT will be non-existent since they'll wanna push discs) will have at least 500 songs by the end of the year.
At this point, the near $200 price tag seems worthwhile. So, what you're saying is that really, All I'll need is Rock Band, Harmonix will just dump more and more songs onto it as opposed to just creating a new game. Is that it? If so, then that's great to know. And seeing as what songs are available don't necessarily matter (of course, I won't mind seeing a few recognizable names), so this'll give me lots of playtime.

Apparently, I've discovered that Rock Band 2 for Wii won't be out until December 9th... if I'm not mistaken, they did the same thing with the original Rock Band. Hmm, odd. Oh well, as long as they're making this thing for Wii, it doesn't bother me. And by the sounds of things, they've made this version much like the other ones, so it seems similarities are a common theme to them.

I'm still curious about the whole "cymbals" thing. I've noticed that only the GHWT drums have the cymbals, but the RB2 ones only have the 4 pads and the pedal.

Currently, I'm playing some Guitar Hero: On Tour, and I've apparently realized up to what point the peripheral can be tricky to use. Some of the medium songs get real tricky, but I'll manage.

~C_L~

fhqwhgads

At this point, the near $200 price tag seems worthwhile. So, what you're saying is that really, All I'll need is Rock Band, Harmonix will just dump more and more songs onto it as opposed to just creating a new game. Is that it? If so, then that's great to know. And seeing as what songs are available don't necessarily matter (of course, I won't mind seeing a few recognizable names), so this'll give me lots of playtime.
Pretty much, yeah. They will create new games, but if it's anything like what they've done(at least for 360/PS3), it's good.

Rock Band 1 came out, got a lot of DLC. Year later, Rock Band 2 comes out. You could port 55 of the 58 Rock Band 1 songs for use in Rock Band 2(no disc swapping) and use every downloaded song in Rock Band 2(and anything you download off the store in 2 can be used in 1, but that doesn't help you since you have a Wii and no Rock Band 1). So, when Rock Band 3 comes out, you can assume you can transfer nearly every Rock Band 2 song over(if it'll fit on an SD card...) and use any downloaded songs still. And, if you don't feel like buying 3, don't. You can still get all the DLC that comes out.
I'm still curious about the whole "cymbals" thing. I've noticed that only the GHWT drums have the cymbals, but the RB2 ones only have the 4 pads and the pedal.
Rock Band 2 can get up to four cymbals on its drum kit if you want.

The gaitar hero games are only fun for a while...i dont see what the big deal. They make to meny versions of the same ****ing thing.