• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gulpin It Down! (341)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Gulpin It Down!

Entering a town, Ash & Co. discover that is is overrun by Gulpin and are asked to help out since they are Pokémon trainers. However in doing so, one of the Gulpin and Ash's Treecko are accidently grown to Godzilla size proportions. Will they be stuck that way?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dub title ok

this dub title is ok but it is so obvious because -gulpin it down- is a pun on
-gulping it down- this ep looks strange because how do treeco and gulpin get big in the first place? ;252;

Does anyone else think that this episode would have rocked even more if it took place AFTER the grovyle evolution?

a 50 feet grovyle in battle would have been VERY cool.

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
frednmethod said:
Does anyone else think that this episode would have rocked even more if it took place AFTER the grovyle evolution?

a 50 feet grovyle in battle would have been VERY cool.
No, I think this was a perfect time to battle as a Treecko trying hard to beat Gulpin it was good I think losing or something could have shooken up Treecko's head and made it even more determined to get Stronger then the next episode yeah.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Flygon Prince said:
anyone else think that this episode was a spoof of Godzilla vs Hedorah?
Actually, I believe this Episode was originally aired during a Japanese Monster Week. It's Godzilla roots cannot be denied.

I'll be quite interested in what Gulpin's voice will sound like.

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
V Faction said:
Actually, I believe this Episode was originally aired during a Japanese Monster Week. It's Godzilla roots cannot be denied.

I'll be quite interested in what Gulpin's voice will sound like.

KidsWB got a clip of it up and it's got the same exact voice as Walrein

D

DelibirdDude

o_O...4KIDS are really not being creative with professor names, I mean cmon Professor Jaccuzzi?

The DeliBirdDude;225;

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Kinda interesting. Gulpin does a funny sound *gulp!!!* when it grows in size, it sounds like it's burping XD

V Faction

www.faction.com
DelibirdDude said:
o_O...4KIDS are really not being creative with professor names, I mean cmon Professor Jaccuzzi?

The DeliBirdDude;225;
What are you talking about? His Original name was Professor Shakuji. Sounds to me like they had a little fun with it this time.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Gulpin goes "Gulp, Gulp" and it also does a hillarious belching noise! I am pretty sure it is a dub voice. However, Meganium, Tangela, and Parasect keep their original voice. Professor Jaccuzi sounded like Professor Westwood. They kept a few pieces of original music, including the music that played when Jaccuzi was launching the Gulpin out of cannons, I have never heard that music in the dub. I am pretty sure it was from one of the first three movies.

I wanna hear what Ash's Grovyle sounds like! I hope they make it sound tougher then the one from "WYSIWYG"

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Today's ep was a tad above average, but it had some really good parts.

Other than Gulpin's debut, we got to see the long and forgotten Tangela again. :p Tangela is definitely one of the Kanto pokemon that rarely ever appears, so I'm glad it got more screentime.

Giant Treecko and Gulpin were amusing, and I liked the fact that they caught Gulpin with the Heavy Ball. It would have been a good idea if Brock gave that Heavy Ball to Joy, since he never used his, but I guess not.

There was also some classic Pokemon battle music played during this episode.

It also looks like Joy and Jenny have their new voices, but whoever is doing them does a good job imitating the old Joy/Jenny VA.

Here's hoping Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Rachael Lilis, etc. never leave 4kids.

Hehe, I agree, zonic, that noise rocked!
Well, I was quite surprised at this episode. Really bringing back the forgotten, aren't we? Meganium, rarely seen. Tangela, next to never seen. Parasect, about 200 some episodes ago if I remember correctly. Heavy Ball, quite forgotten. I always liked the Apricorn balls....Plus, I distinctly recognized some Kanto music when the Gulpin burst out of the sewer after the Trainer's Choice(which was odd, BTW, as Carvanha could've done just as well as Treecko). The giant battle was kinda disappointing. But, we hardly saw any TR, which is a plus. Gulpin's voice was good too, unusually.

Overall rating:
8.7 out of 10!!
Somewhat nostalgic, but otherwise, not a bunch of redeeming qualities. Still worth watching though.

SC~ out

V Faction

www.faction.com
Another great Episode. It had a weird Kanto feeling, to tell you the truth. This string of episodes leading up to the Petalburg Gym has always been my favorite.

-Gulpin's voice was highly creative and required no work. Tamer Zack was right, it sounded like Walrein some bit, only the Gulpin didn't fully pronounce their name during the episode. They also had that wicked burp effect from Sludge. And speaking of voices, I guess Meganium went and kept the Japanese voice, Parasect still sounds like it's old self, and Tangela... well, who care about Tangela ^_^

-Very interesting TC, for the fact that Treecko was the best choice (doesn't sound like a lot, but it's big enough for TC). Carvanha's defense would've placed it in 2nd, and Shedinja with it's Rock weaknesses definitely takes Third.

-I like Megan Hollingshead's replacement when she does Officer Jenny. It sounds nearly identical to the real thing. I'm still getting used to her Joy though...

-Heavy Ball!!

-TR getting flattened at the end: Extremely Nice.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Sheer Cold said:
Hehe, I agree, zonic, that noise rocked!
Well, I was quite surprised at this episode. Really bringing back the forgotten, aren't we? Meganium, rarely seen. Tangela, next to never seen. Parasect, about 200 some episodes ago if I remember correctly. Heavy Ball, quite forgotten. I always liked the Apricorn balls....Plus, I distinctly recognized some Kanto music when the Gulpin burst out of the sewer after the Trainer's Choice(which was odd, BTW, as Carvanha could've done just as well as Treecko). The giant battle was kinda disappointing. But, we hardly saw any TR, which is a plus. Gulpin's voice was good too, unusually.

Overall rating:
8.7 out of 10!!
Somewhat nostalgic, but otherwise, not a bunch of redeeming qualities. Still worth watching though.

SC~ out

Meganium has been in quite a few episodes, there is another one in a later Hoenn Episode. Parasect appeared for a bit in a late MQ episode, the one with the Magician. Tangela never got a episode to itself, but did appear in "For Whom the Bells Toll".

My favorite lines:

May-"Do you think they evolved?"
Max-" Ummmmmmmmm, no!"

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Missed most of it because I was having a heart to hear with my Dad. Though I got to see the King sized battle. Uber destruction, you can't beat it.