• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gulpin It Down! (341)

Well, they were shot at Mach 3 high into the air. That's gotta be at least four miles away or so. And they aren't the fastest Pokémon around either. IMO, they probably were coming back, but the distance prevented us from seeing them coming!

SC~ out

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Shining Espeon said:
Quick plothole I just realized - You know how the Gulpin retreated back into the city after the Pokeblock case was eaten? What's to prevent the Gulpin from returning after they're launched out of the cannon?

Also, did the animation in this episode seem a little...sub-par? It looked how it looked before the show went digital for some reason.

Ah, well. It's still my favorite episode of AG so far. Next week's also looks good.

I agree, sometimes the animation looks like it did back in Johto. It's like the didn't use digital animation for this episode.

It's very confusing.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
Well this was a interesting and decent filler episode in my opinion.

was nice to hear some old kanto bgm as well as the 'riding the boat' bgm from revelation lugia. Jenny and Joy's voices didn't sound too bad either compared to Megan's

overall 9/10 :)

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Cybercubed said:
Tangela's main "debut" was in Erika's GYM. She used it against Ash's Charmander, and it got a lot of screentime in that ep. It made a cameo in "For Ho-oh the bells toll", but it debuted way before that.

Since then though it hasn't appeared again till now.

Off topic but I have to nitpick, tangela fought ash's bulbasaur :p

This episode was a lot more enjoyable than i had originally thought it would be, so a definite plus

Heracross

Custom User Title
PiPikachu said:
as nice to hear some old kanto bgm as well as the 'riding the boat' bgm from revelation lugia.
I have to disagree about the music from Revelation Lugia. They've used that to close every other dub episode since Hoen began and I'm sick to death of it. >_<

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
Heracross said:
I have to disagree about the music from Revelation Lugia. They've used that to close every other dub episode since Hoen began and I'm sick to death of it. >_<

No they haven't you are probably thinking of the wrong music, the music im talking about is when Prof Jacuzzi is firiing the Gulpin away, the music from the film im talking about which is called 'riding the boat' is from the Japanese version of the film when ash travels across the icey sea with team rocket on that dinghy. as apposed to the synthesized crap from 4kids -_-;

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't know about this episode. They had some pretty wacked-out episodes in the past ("Address Unown" springs immediately to mind, as does several first season episodes due to animation or story, like "The Evolution Solution"), but ultimately this episode failed with me because it failed to be *funny*. I expected it to be wacky because, hey, come on, GIANT pokemon (that aren't robots)? This would have been a great episode if they hadn't made it so straight-faced. One thing I like about wacky episodes is that they make me laugh and/or keep me laughing because they're weird and they don't take themselves seriously. Even "Address Unown" had a sense of humor, up until we got into Larvitar's memories. This episode, however, barely produced a chuckle, which causes it to fail. It would have been nice if the scientist had been like Professor Westwood or Dr. Quackenpoker, now *that* would have been fun. Otherwise, a thumbs down from me.

Oh, and another episode for contrast: "Tentacool and Tentacruel". That wacky episode had a serious and effective social message, but at least it had a nice amount of humor with Nastina.

2/5

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
PiPikachu said:
No they haven't you are probably thinking of the wrong music, the music im talking about is when Prof Jacuzzi is firiing the Gulpin away, the music from the film im talking about which is called 'riding the boat' is from the Japanese version of the film when ash travels across the icey sea with team rocket on that dinghy. as apposed to the synthesized crap from 4kids -_-;
Ah sorry, my mistake. I thought you meant the music they used at the end, which was also from the second movie. >.> I've never seen the Japanese version, so I didn't know that's where it came from.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Professor Jaccuzi was interesting. His voice was sort of familiar, but unique enough. Let's see how long they have new voices for us.

The super-sized fight was cool. And the heavy ball at the end of the episode was a good idea to add.

Am I the only one who had no idea that Megan Hollingshead played Officer Jenny? I mean, I knew she voiced Nurse Joy, and I knew she left, and the new voice will take some getting used to, but Jenny sounded exactly the same to me.

Meh...this episode wasn't too interesting, but it was okay. 7/10.

R

Robert

I was feeling that we were tumbling back to Johto this season, but this was a good episode. There was some great action and the Heavy Ball was used. Also, Professor Jaccuzi was pretty funny. Gulpin's voice seemed to change at a couple points of the episode, but maybe I'm just insane...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Sheer Cold said:
Well, they were shot at Mach 3 high into the air. That's gotta be at least four miles away or so. And they aren't the fastest Pokémon around either. IMO, they probably were coming back, but the distance prevented us from seeing them coming!

SC~ out
Most likely what it did was launch them several miles away, landing them in lots of different places. Since they were only a problem if too many grouped together in one place, they likely went peacefully into the woods and caused no more trouble.

The distance wouldn't have hurt them it seems, since they are so blubbery they would handle a blast-off better than TR.

G

Geki

I liked this episode. It was pretty good, especially the Treecko VS Gulpin battle, you can't hate uber battles!!! Besides that, it was stupid that they calle the prof, Professor Jacuzzi, WTF??

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Diamond said:
I liked this episode. It was pretty good, especially the Treecko VS Gulpin battle, you can't hate uber battles!!! Besides that, it was stupid that they calle the prof, Professor Jacuzzi, WTF??
Well, some earlier posters already mentioned that he was dub-named that because it was a similar name to the Japanese one.

And it sounds funny.

S

Shiny May

the ep was good. I like the Godzilla Gulpin and Treecko. Very nice. Also nice to see a heavy ball used in an ep, was a good choice at that moment. Also May came up with that idea, also good!! :D

Overall the ep was good and better then I expected. I thought it would be a boring ep but it surprised me !!

J

JinChongBlaziken

I don't see godzilla. what's so nice bout' godzilla?! ;255; ;256; ;257;

S

Shiny May

I mean the Godzilla Treecko and Gulpin. The large Treecko and Gulpin. Understand?

F

Factory Head Noland

I saw this episode this morning.
Professor Jaccuzi, lol, what a funny name.

I quite enjoyed this episode, it is very different to the episodes of this time and was quite 'out there'.
I think the battle between giant Gulpin and giant Treecko was great but it could have lasted a bit longer and a bit more action could have gone on.

Nurse Joy's voice was totally different and was really high compared to usual and we haven't seen Officer Jenny for a *long* time.
I liked the machine that fired the Gulpin away, it was quite funny seeing them being shot away.

Overall: 6.9/10

An alright overal ep. Pretty Standered ep. Gulpin sounded as if it was swallowing something. lol. The super-sized battle was cool! I like this ep but adverage score but Heavy Ball was in it.

7/10 alright but Swablu was better and sad.

Zikachu

Cascade Trainer
I just saw this episode today and I thought it was pretty good. What do you think it'd be like if instead of Treeko, it was another one of Ash's Pokemon that grew Godzilla sized?